Christmas Countdown Challenge (CLOSED GROUP) - Week 1

Options
Well, well, well... WE MADE IT!!! We are officially on our way to what is going to be one of the best holiday seasons yet! I'd like to welcome you all to the Christmas Countdown Challenge!!! :flowerforyou:

If you are on the chart below, YOU ARE IN! I have had to make CCC a closed group as we are officially at 140 members and it would become unmanageable if we left it open. If you have any pink highlights, that means I'm missing your information. Just send me a message with the info so we can get everything caught up.

A support group of 140 people?!? All with the same vision?!?! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Remember, weigh-ins will be weekly any time from Friday to Sunday. I will compile the information and should have a new posting with a new challenge on Mondays. We will do a check-in with our measurements on the 25th of each month so it's not too much each week, and so hopefully we will see some significant changes.

As I mentioned in the first post, there will be some mini-challenges as well as some other motivations, tips, recipes, etc. When it comes to the challenges, each one will be different. We will focus on the inside as well as on the outside. Some challenges may not seem to be tough at all for you, but remember... We are a very diverse group with different strength levels. You can always alter the challenges to fit your fitness level. You may need to increase reps, or decreased weights, whatever you need to do. These are merely suggestions to help keep us on track for our goals.

With that being said, here comes this week's challenge:
Remember that in order to make our body what we want on the outside, we need to monitor was goes on the inside. For this week, we're going to keep it physically simple. Your challenge is to consume a MINIMUM of 64oz of water AND at least 4 servings of fruit and/or vegetables. For some of you this may be something you do everyday as it is. If that's the case, challenge yourself to 80oz and 5 servings. I know for me, 64oz is going to be a struggle but that's why I'm relying on all of you to push me to meet this goal :smooched:

Keep us all updated on your progress throughout the week. Let us know if there's something you're struggling with. We are here to support each other throughout the next 22 weeks. We are going to start simple and try to push ourselves harder throughout the weeks. Hereeeeee we go!!!!! :heart:

ccc1-1.jpg
ccc2-1.jpg
ccc3-1.jpg

Replies

• emilyahsmommy
    Options
    yay im excited!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    dig it. i was drinking 96 ounces of water at one point, but recently i'm calling it good at 32! great challenge for week 1!
  • MakinMoves
    MakinMoves Posts: 364
    Options
    Well, well, well... WE MADE IT!!! We are officially on our way to what is going to be one of the best holiday seasons yet! I'd like to welcome you all to the Christmas Countdown Challenge!!! :flowerforyou:

If you are on the chart below, YOU ARE IN! I have had to make CCC a closed group as we are officially at 140 members and it would become unmanageable if we left it open. If you have any pink highlights, that means I'm missing your information. Just send me a message with the info so we can get everything caught up.

A support group of 140 people?!? All with the same vision?!?! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Soooo Fabulous! How Exciting!

Everyone In The CCC Can Feel Free To Friend Me...Support Is What Its All About! :heart:

Whoo Hoo!!
  • MaeKhaleesi
    MaeKhaleesi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    So excited! I'm gonna have a rough time with this challenge. I hate water. :grumble:
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I dont see a chart on my computer! Where is it?
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm excited too. Both of these seemingly simple challenges will be a challenge for me - but that's perfect! Let's hear it for water, fruits and veggies!
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I dont see a chart on my computer! Where is it?

Not sure why you can't see it :cry: It's up there with your numbers included :sad:
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    wow! Thank you for all your hard work... now let's do this!!! :drinker: <
    water... trying to get in my 64 :happy:
  • LovingLife007
    Options
    I'm so ready for this! Anyone in this challenge please friend me if you'd like.

Let's get this party started!
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks!
    Did you put it in your comment?
    I just thought i would look to see what hard work you had done as lots of people have comented about the chart! But i cant :0(
  • Felesina1
    Felesina1 Posts: 142
    Options
    The water challenge is a good one. I have to keep a liter bottle with me at work so that I can ensure that I drink at least 2 of them a shift. Just a reminder to folks, anything with caffeine in it is a diuretic... that means it stimulates your body to urinate out water versus keeping and utilizing the water you put in your body. So be careful, because for me, if I drink green tea I tend to not want or think about drinking more water - thus, I get dehydrated unintentionally.
  • VolatileChocolate
    Options
    WOW and great work, a lot of thought and time has been put in, so a raised glass (of water) goes to you. I'm really looking forward to this challenge.

Any of you on this challenge please feel welcome to add me as a friend as well.

Volatile Chocolate (aka Una)
  • mooky1286
    mooky1286 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for doing all of this for us! I've never been a big water drinker, so this is a great challenge for me. I didn't realize how water affects weight loss!
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    loves the water challenge and have done that.slacked in the past -drinking too much coffee,tea etc.then I started doing this:for every cup of coffee,tea etc I would drink equal of water-some times with lemon.It has really made a difference-11 lbs gone so far in 3 weeks.
  • lildietitian
    lildietitian Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Woo! Water challenge is fantastic... just looked at the volume of my water bottle. It's only 20oz and I thought it was more than that!!
  • pamelalwaters
    Options
    WooHoo! Glad I'm in and ready to go. Here is what you're missing.
    SW 178 GW 165:bigsmile:
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    YAY!! I love weekly challanges, they really help me stay on track!
  • shaverkl191
    shaverkl191 Posts: 131
    Options
    Wooohoo! So pumped for this challenge. I've always struggled to drink a lot of water but I'm going to try to get my 64oz in today! I've already had 16oz so I'm on my way! Had a fruit smoothie for breakfast and planning on having a veggie stir fry for dinner so I'm thinking I'll be able to get all my fruit/vegetable servings in today!

Good luck everyone, feel free to friend me, support is what it's all about!
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    This challenge is perfect for me this week. My family is on vacation so I am struggling with logging in all my foods since I don't always know the info behind them and everything is a guess. This challenge will help me focus on 2 things within my control on vacation. You are awesome!!!! Thanks for your work and a great challenge to start us off.:bigsmile:
  • whitney22blue
    Options
    yay i am in:heart: