Christmas Countdown Challenge (CLOSED GROUP) - Week 1

Options

Replies

• athederan
    athederan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Man... having a glass of water with breakfast is weird for me. I've never done this before.
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    For those that aren't water drinkers don't forget about Crystal light and other sugar free mixes to add to the water to help you drink your fluids.
  • abeks
    abeks Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump. Great job Jen. Thanks
  • athederan
    Options
    that's a great idea. thanks for the advice!
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    For those that aren't water drinkers don't forget about Crystal light and other sugar free mixes to add to the water to help you drink your fluids.

Crystal Light Orange tastes like Tang :) Works great with breakfast... and with vodka, hehe :drinker:
  • lauralu71
    lauralu71 Posts: 23
    Options
    Doing well with the water. Bigger challenge will be my fruits and veggies. Biggest challenge will be resisting the urge to weigh myself multiple times per day. It's a bad habit of mine and one I have to quit :)

Glad to hear everyone so excited and doing so well!!
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Water will be hard for me. I've upped my intake yest & had 3 bottles 12oz...36 oz & I was going to the bathroom like crazy....I guess your body will get used to it? Right? I rarely have to get up during the night but woke up 1-2 x last night.....
    Oops my bottles are16.9oz =50oz.....more than I thought
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks for putting this together. It will be great. Good challenge to work with. I have been trying to drink more water instead of diet coke, this will be a good push in that direction. i will send my measurements tonight
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have made it to my 64oz of water (and still going) and I am 2 servings down with two more that are planned for dinner. I bought a 33.8 FL OZ (1L) Zephyrhills water bottle and just keep refilling throughtout the day. Drink two and your at your 64 :happy:
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    Halfway through the water challenge of the day! But no where near the fruit and veggies challenge:( baby steps... I'll post my measurments tomorrow working late tonight. Thanks for starting this group I'm pumped to see all the great people we have here for motivation!
  • gennybunny1
    gennybunny1 Posts: 209
    Options
    Thanks for putting this together. I will post my measurments later tonight. I will really have to work on getting more fruits and veg. Water is easy.

Genny
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    Water will be hard for me. I've upped my intake yest & had 3 bottles 12oz...36 oz & I was going to the bathroom like crazy....I guess your body will get used to it? Right? I rarely have to get up during the night but woke up 1-2 x last night.....
    Oops my bottles are16.9oz =50oz.....more than I thought

Oh man I remember those days of constantly going to the bathroom, yes you will go back to normal after a while, it's a pain in the beginning but it does go away. I have also noticed that the more sodium I eat the more I have to go, so I try and keep it as low as possible and definitely do whatever I can to not go over.
  • Mdbondurant
    Mdbondurant Posts: 104
    Options

Crystal Light Orange tastes like Tang :) Works great with breakfast... and with vodka, hehe :drinker:

The MIO Liquid Water Enhancers are good too. Love Fruit Punch and Berry Pomegranate...
    Hope it helps.
  • jcannon15
    jcannon15 Posts: 148
    Options
    digging around for my measuring tape i cleaned up and have no idea where i organized it too and i'm going to double check my weight the scale here is kind of hinky so we're replacing it .
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have had 40 oz of water and 2 servings of fruits and veggies so far. I also started the 30 Day Shred yesterday. I feel sore but really good. :)
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I go back and forth on water. Have been falling back into my diet coke routine. I just started using an infusion pitcher that jazzes up water. Just slice up whatever fruit etc you want to flavor your water and put the slices in a tube which goes in middle of the pitcher. This slowly infuses that flavor into the water. Tried cucumber and wasn't too big on it. However...love the lemon and want to try orange slices as well. Maybe try some lime/lemon and orange mixes. Got the pitcher on Amazon. Now I really need to focus on vegetables.....do fruit ok, but am terrible with the veges!!!!
  • athederan
    Options
    Halfway through the water challenge of the day! But no where near the fruit and veggies challenge:( baby steps... I'll post my measurments tomorrow working late tonight. Thanks for starting this group I'm pumped to see all the great people we have here for motivation!

The Lean Cuisine I ate for lunch today had two servings of vegetables. I googled it just to make sure. I ate the Alfredo Pasta with Chicken and Broccoli. Lean Cuisines taste pretty good and have some sort of vegetables in them.
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    the fruit will definitely be my challenge but I will make it happen.
  • shaverkl191
    shaverkl191 Posts: 131
    Options
    Hey Guys,

I'm making a veggie and chicken stir fry for dinner. Great way to get some vegetables in your day! Pretty quick and easy to make too!

Step 1: Mix 1 1/4 cup of reduced sodium chicken broth and 2 tbsp of cornstarch. Add 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tbsp soy sauce and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Set aside.
    Step 2: Saute 1 lb boneless chicken breast strips in 1 tbsp olive oil until browned. Then add 3 cups of veggies (I use broccoli, carrot and snow peas) and stir-fry until tender-crisp.
    Step 3: Add the broth mixture. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens, about 5 minutes.

Serves 4
    Nutritional Info (per serving): Calories - 290, Protein - 29g, Fat 6g, Carb 30g

Really tasty and a good way to get some veggies in for the challenge!
  • JL3mom
    JL3mom Posts: 48
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation and the accountiblity! I really need the challenge of drinking more water. Some days I am good others not so much! I would love for some of you to friend me for extra support!!!