Christmas Countdown Challenge (CLOSED GROUP) - Week 1

Options

Replies

• joyfulmom4him
    Options
    I did the weigh in yesterday and was happy with it.
    then horrible salt cravings!! I gave in JUST alittle(crackers-5 torilla chips(10) and avacado)
    well this morning I have a 3 lbs gain :(
    so pushing the water and natural fruits and veggies..dinner a veggie night.

BTW
    awesome job EVERYONE!!:bigsmile:
    what a fantastic start.
    I know the feeling. You are right though, the water will help to flush it out. Have a great weekend and enjoy all of those fruits and veggies.
  • joyfulmom4him
    Options
    my 'monthly' friend came to visit, I gained 1.5 this week...bummer :sad: :sad: oh well...I'll do better next week. Congrats to everyone, keep it up!
    This happens to me every month. You will kick that 1.5 to the curb by next week. Keep up the good work.
  • joyfulmom4him
    Options
    Good Morning CCC pals! I am looking forward to a great day. I have started my day with a Gospel Workout DVD (60Minutes) and I am chugging the water. I'm off to get breakfast with the Mister and then a day of fun with some of my mommy friends. Have a healthy and blessed day everyone!
  • angiemcnett
    angiemcnett Posts: 429
    Options
    I am checking in for week 1 at 232.4 pounds. A little loss. I didn't go very good with the fruit and veggie challenge. I didn't meet the goal any day. Close but no cigar. I did good with water challenge. :) I am going to continue to work on the fruit/ veggie challenge next week along with the new challenge. Have a good day everyone! :)
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING CCCer's!!! I hope everyone had a great evening last night and is ready for the weekend. I went to the movies last night (FWB) and ate my fair share of fries. It definitely showed on the scale this morning so I am going to weigh-in tomorrow.

Today's activities... 17 mile kayak trip followed by a balloon festival that entails a great amount of walking. Hopefully that will be enough to being me down a bit from what the sale showed this morning.

I just wanted to tell everyone what a great job you are all doing! And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE celebrate your losses!! Last week I only lost .2lbs and still celebrated. A loss is a loss and we can't always expect to lose big numbers every week. .6 or .8 pounds is GREAT!

And for those that have gained, welcome to the marathon! It's not a sprint so don't lose sight of the finish line. This is only the beginning and we have another 21 weeks to prove that!

Love you all!
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Check in time! It was a lost. Yeah! The challenge was great. I have been working on the water for a while trying to cut down on my diet coke. I met the water goal every day except Thursday when I went back to more diet coke. Back on track now. The fruits and veggies are definately something I need to work on, but with the challenge I surprised myself and did it. It was easier than I thought it would be.
    SW 166
    CW165.2
    thanks everyone for suppport and encouragement, especially Jen for putting this whole thing together. I am looking for more friends, most of my friends have slipped away from MFP. I know you guys are great motivators and are committed to continuing on.
  • ahoover12
    ahoover12 Posts: 6
    Options
    Starting weight: 182.4
    Current weight: 179.6

A 2.8 pound loss!

I did great on my water and vegetable/fruit challenge. Can't wait to see what the challenge will be next week
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    We are coming home today from vacation, and I am a little nervous about what the scale holds in store for me, but I am amazed that diet soda has had little hold on me this week. :bigsmile: The last couple of nights my DH stopped by to get sodas for the whole gang, and I really wanted water!!!! Now here is an even better NSV... my daughters (15 & 18) are choosing to drink more water. I promise I have not been pushing it on them. I have been concentrating on the water/veggie challenge and have been successful in those areas. Today I am going back to logging my food in for accountability. As it turned out that was just way to much for this vacation, but I think I can handle it for today. :happy: Have a Sensational Saturday everyone!!!
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I've been out of the loop the past couple days (working 7a-7p I do little else on those days but work!) but I'm off this weekend! I'll be weighing in tomorrow but congrats to everyone who has done so great so far! And it's my TOM too so any loss would be great. Will update tomorrow, have a fantastic day!
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    Good Morning CCC pals! I am looking forward to a great day. I have started my day with a Gospel Workout DVD (60Minutes) and I am chugging the water. I'm off to get breakfast with the Mister and then a day of fun with some of my mommy friends. Have a healthy and blessed day everyone!

You know I had seen a set of the gospel workout dvds on beachbody.com and looks way cool and something I would love...how are they? Have a great day!
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    We are coming home today from vacation, and I am a little nervous about what the scale holds in store for me, but I am amazed that diet soda has had little hold on me this week. :bigsmile: The last couple of nights my DH stopped by to get sodas for the whole gang, and I really wanted water!!!! Now here is an even better NSV... my daughters (15 & 18) are choosing to drink more water. I promise I have not been pushing it on them. I have been concentrating on the water/veggie challenge and have been successful in those areas. Today I am going back to logging my food in for accountability. As it turned out that was just way to much for this vacation, but I think I can handle it for today. :happy: Have a Sensational Saturday everyone!!!

Sounds like they are watching what you are doing and wanting to follow in your footsteps...good job mama :-)
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I go back and forth on water. Have been falling back into my diet coke routine. I just started using an infusion pitcher that jazzes up water. Just slice up whatever fruit etc you want to flavor your water and put the slices in a tube which goes in middle of the pitcher. This slowly infuses that flavor into the water. Tried cucumber and wasn't too big on it. However...love the lemon and want to try orange slices as well. Maybe try some lime/lemon and orange mixes. Got the pitcher on Amazon. Now I really need to focus on vegetables.....do fruit ok, but am terrible with the veges!!!!

I bet it would be good with strawberries!
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    just a quick note for anyone who (like me) is never sure of what a "serving" consists of ...

I got this from about.com (http://nutrition.about.com/od/fruitsandvegetables/f/servingfruit.htm), but here is a quick breakdown of a few fruits and veggies

Fruits

one banana
    six strawberries
    two plums
    fifteen grapes
    one apple
    one peach
    one-half cup of orange or other fruit juice

Vegetables

five broccoli florets
    ten baby carrots
    one roma tomato
    3/4 cup tomato juice
    half of a baked sweet potato
    one ear of corn
    four slices of an onion

hope it's useful :)

Thanks I always wonder I will look up that website
  • gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all my CCC buddies! I struggled with water this week, but I made the goal of 64 oz per day 4 out of 7 days. I did succeed with the fruit & veggie part. Weigh in.....158 (down 2 pounds from last week) So choking down water helped :laugh:

Have a great weekend all!!
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    my 'monthly' friend came to visit, I gained 1.5 this week...bummer :sad: :sad: oh well...I'll do better next week. Congrats to everyone, keep it up!

I sympathize....but don't worry...it will come off. Between yest am weigh in and this am....I have been diuresing as I always do when my monthly is over....already 1lb lower than yest and it probably will continue a little. Bummer I had already turned in my weight :)
    Just walked the dog and am going to an all day Norweigen festival in small town my brother lives in. Always fun...but will be lots of food temptation. My hope is to have willpower and let the sun and humidity help wreck my appetite for snacking...never quite as hungry when it is really hot!!!!
    Hope everyone has a great Sat.
  • gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have to figure out this replying thing.....So many of you have great losses, but I can't seem to reply to your posts. So a BIG COLLECTIVE CONGRATS TO LOSS THIS WEEK :-D
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Az.....never thought of trying strawberries in the pitcher...will have to give that one a try. thanks for the idea!!!!!
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Just think of the lose you will have next week!!!! It will be great!:bigsmile:
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Well Happy Saturday!!!! I enjoyed some wine last night after a busy stressful day.....it was in my calorie budget...oh 2 glasses were....but I ended up having more and some BBQ pop chips! Opps....the good news is I didn't get up and eat in the middle of the night :ohwell: I'm cool with it, I have to leave for step class in an hour. Another busy day...leaving for vacation tomorrow!!!!!!
  • yramesor333
    yramesor333 Posts: 152
    Options
    so i got up early today and went and bought a bike !!!!lol:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ......you might be thinking why is she laffing lol ...we you see i havent been on a bike in 31 yrs !!! yes thats right 31 years !!! i think my hubby was in shock when i wanted 1 lol...wish me luck and fingers crossed i can ride it (might need training wheels lmao) oh yeah scales looked good this morning lost last 1.5 pounds whoo hoo !!! awesome on everyones loss !!! i will turn mine in tom. with my measurements !!! have a great day everyone :)