Christmas Countdown Challenge (CLOSED GROUP) - Week 1

Options

Replies

• PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hey there my CCC pals!!! Wow as you can see you have created a Monster teaching me how to do the quote thing :tongue: Working from home today making sure all is done because I will be on vacation next week!!!! :bigsmile: I have to shut down this computer and focus on my work..it will be hard!!!

Anyway I had a good week!!!!!!!! Alitttle worried about vacation, I will be taking some healthy snacks with me - we are going to the lake jet skiing and boating!!! It will be active...I think I will just stay in the water and away from the food. I just worry alittle about the evening since I LOVE my wine :drinker: I will focus on logging my food etc on my phone. Those are my plans. I am in such a good frame of mind I hope to stay on track......almost wish I wasn't going so I could really focus on another good week...JK I can't wait to go :laugh:

I will be checking in LOTS of times before Sunday....since I am a MFP addict now :blushing:

SW 198.2
    CW 196.2

Have a Super Fantastic Day
  • adrehe
    adrehe Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow, Great Job everyone! This was a good week and a great challenge. I enjoyed the water challenge it really helped me be mindful of my water consumption. I bought a new 24 oz. water bottle which made this challenge easier.
    Good luck to all in the next week.

SW: 228
    CW:226
  • woodyschic
    woodyschic Posts: 21
    Options
    Week one...down to 185! It was a hectic week w/a test on Monday and a final yesterday for the summer semester in RN school, so I was so excited to see a loss. I just bought my tape measure this a.m., so I'll get that done for the chart for starting measurements. I didn't log much this week and I usually do a good job at it, but it was a test of how I can do in the 'real world' b/c I know that I shouldn't always NEED to log food to be healthy. Yay! Looking forward to buying some new clothes soon!! :)
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have deffinately struggled this week! I have tonsilitus and so have not been able to eat much at all as it is painful and have even struggled to drink water! I have not done any exercise since sunday either cos i have felt too poory!
  • Cateyes0831
    Options
    Hope you feel better!
  • Cateyes0831
    Options
    Sooooo I did that quote thing wrong....my bad Lol.

Anyways, I am going to weigh in first thing Sunday morning :happy: I am very interested to see how I did. I've been good with this weeks challenge and have exercised all but 1 day (Tuesday) so far. As for the kind of exercises, I've been mixing it up. Swimming (when it isn't pouring outside..... I sure :heart: FL), the gym at my apartment, walking, Turbo Fire, and Just Dance on the Wii. I've been wanting to do a Zumba class or DVD....

Hope everyone has a great weekend :wink:
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    CW: 162.2
  • joyfulmom4him
    Options
    SW: 230
    CW: 228.6
    Down 1.6 and loving it! I am finally out of the 230's. I am on my way to becoming one HOT MOMMA. Congrats to everyone for making healthy choices and losing those stubborn pounds. This group ROCKS! Have a happy, healthy Friday everyone.
  • VolatileChocolate
    Options
    Just keeping in touch, just about ot have tea which has got own grown onions and peas, literally picked less than half hour beforehoand so looking forward to tasting them.

xVC
  • TruckerChick
    TruckerChick Posts: 263
    Options
    Not exercising three days in a row has hurt my weight loss goals. A lot.

I am back up to 295.

So lesson learned this week.... Get up and move!!!
  • Butterbuns30
    Butterbuns30 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    OMG you guys are amazing and have now officially motivated me. You just saved a Snickers bars life as I was just getting ready to eat one. I think I will eat some carrots instead...Thank you all!
  • Butterbuns30
    Butterbuns30 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    BTW I want a little sticker thing that says Christmas Club...how do I obtain such a thing?
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    okay! my weigh in!

starting: 189.6
    week 1: 188.8 (hey, every ounce counts!)
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    checking in for my weight! measurments are only on the 25th right? Anyways I totally am super excited I have been stuck in the 170's for awhile! bouncing around 175-173 then 173-171...when we started I was 171.2 Today I am 169.4!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

yay! congrats to you! i am SOOOO jealous! lol
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have not been well this week so this could have effected my weight loss, plus i weighed on a different set of scales, but here goes.

Starting weight - 201.6
    Week one - 193.7
  • athederan
    athederan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    How did everyone else do today? Hopefully whipping this challenge in the behind :wink:

I would also like to know what everyone else is doing as far as exercise goes. I am putting together the challenge for next week and I want to make it relevant for everyone. Tell me what you got those bodies doin out there!!!

I've been doing great with the challenge. It was a really good idea and just thinking about having to get in my fruits/ veggies made me think about what I was going to eat all day in order to get my goal in. I do pretty well with exercise. I work out at the gym. I usually do about 30- 45 minutes of cardio and do some ab work outs or weight training. I work out about 4 or 5 time a week. Maybe 6 if I'm lucky. I'll do my weigh in on Sunday. I wanna get the info as current as possible. Hope you have a great weekend!!!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    BTW I want a little sticker thing that says Christmas Club...how do I obtain such a thing?

Paste this in your signature, but take out ALL SPACES! Anyone else feel free to nick this and use it, too :)

[ img ]http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/250121_578894650113_179201885_32260052_7865913_n.jpg[ / img ]
  • jiminyc
    jiminyc Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, everyone!

When we started this week, I knew the water wasn't going to be an issue for me (because I'm already drinking around 72-88 oz per day) but I thought the fruits & veggies would be a challenge, because five months ago, I was hard-pressed to eat ONE serving per day. (Let's be honest...sometimes it wasn't one serving per WEEK!) Well, as it turned out, I discovered that, without realizing I was doing it, I now seem to incorporate 4-5 servings into my meals on a regular basis! What a cool discovery! Who knew?

So this week's challenge has been a surprisingly easy one for me, with a pretty nifty self-discovery hidden inside. I'm sure one is coming that will kick my butt with a not-so-nifty self-discovery (:ohwell:) but for now, I'm happy to find myself firmly on the right path.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

-Chris
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hey all-
    Weighed in today and had a small loss....would have loved more, but I will take it!!!
    SW 189
    CW 188.4
    Sounds like many have had great week and good loss. No matter if we have gained or lost...we are started and on our way to rockin Christmas bodies!!!!!
  • athederan
    athederan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Here is an update for my measurements... I'll do my weigh in on Sunday

Bust 42 on 07/29/11
    Waist 39 on 07/29/11
    Hips 44 on 07/29/11
    Arms 15 on 07/29/11
    Thighs 28 on 07/29/11