Christmas Countdown Challenge (CLOSED GROUP) - Week 1

Replies

• Good morning everyone!

This is my first week on MFP and this challenge is a good way to start. I have found both of the challenges difficult, but I'm working on it! I rarely eat veggies. We never had them in the house growing up; mom didn't cook so we had a lot of white bread, bologna, chips, Pepsi, cookies and other junk food. I'm working hard to get over the awful taste of most veggies, but do fine with fruit since it's sweet and full of yummy carbs.

I know that I won't make a lasting change unless I take baby steps so be patient with me. I've gone gung-ho into so many diets in my life and then fizzled out quickly. My personal challenge to myself this week was to cut out a big portion of the junk food I'm so addicted to eating. What an interesting experience that was! I'm much more on track with that goal now than I was a few days ago so I'm feeling good even though I haven't lost any weight yet. I also found my way to the exercise room at my apartment complex.

So glad to be along for the ride with y'all!

Kathryn
  • Just checking in on this blessed Sunday! This group is off to a great start!!! I had a great day yesterday and even enjoyed pizza for dinner. Saturday is a day that I like to indulge a little bit more but I don't go overboard. I am resting to day from exercise but not from good healthy foods. I hope that everyone will enjoy this day. I can't wait to see the numbers tomorrow. Thanks Jenn for all of your hard work.
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Hope all my CCC friends are having a GREAT Sunday!!!
  • Ok so my starting weight was 173.2 it's now 174 :-( Considering I am PMSing I really can't complain too much...well I can but I am not lol...Hoping this next week is a better one. Have a beautiful and Blessed day everyone!
  • cohawk11
    cohawk11 Posts: 69
    CONGRATS to everyone who lost weight this week, and I empathize with those who didn't or even gained (like me):

SW: 135
    CW: 137.5

I guess with 140 of us, there are bound to be lots of us experiencing TOM at the same time - LOL! I always experience major cravings for salt, sugar, fat during TOM so though I drank quite a bit of water, I also ate way too much popcorn, crackers, Nilla wafers, cheese, etc., this week. :grumble: No excuses though...I will work hard next week to be more disciplined!!

For exercise, I've started the C25K program again and have also been doing water aerobics at my gym (aqua Zumba is fun!). I am really looking forward to see what challenge Jenn has in store for us this week. :bigsmile:

Have a great week, Ladies!!! :flowerforyou:
  • lildietitian
    lildietitian Posts: 45 Member
    Todays weight: 190.4!!Wooo!! I'm off and on with my water but I def get enough veggies... Green Giant steamers are my lunch staples!! Love the Garden Medley and Antioxid ones
  • Hi There - weigh in: 248lbs

My previous measurements were:

Bust 48
    Waist 37.5
    Hips 50.25
    Thighs 27.25
    Arms 14.75

xVC
  • TruckerChick
    TruckerChick Posts: 263
    For exercise, I've started the C25K program again and have also been doing water aerobics at my gym (aqua Zumba is fun!). I am really looking forward to see what challenge Jenn has in store for us this week. :bigsmile:

I would love to try Aqua Zumba! Wish there was a class around me somewhere, but this is the first I've even heard of it... will have to start looking for it!! Thanks!
  • yramesor333
    yramesor333 Posts: 152
    hello my CCC friends !!!! ive done great on the water and fruits and veggies!!!! exercise hasnt been good !!! excuse excuses and excuses ,just away 2 get out of doing any !!!! oh my knees hurt (i need both knee cap replaced) oh its 2 hot my asthma will flare up, blahhhhh, blahhhhh blahhhhh !!!
    so i had hubby digg the exercise bike out !!! and bought a bike !!! (wish i had a place for the treadmill ugh,but dont right now ,cause my grandbabies toys and playpen !!! im about to stick it right infront of the tv lol throw the coffee table out !!)
    so this is a new week for me !!! gonna get back up on the wagon or should i say bike !!! lol
    here are my measurements and weigh in jenn
    weighed 216
    weight now 213

arms...16
    waste...38
    hips...48
    thighs...29
    hope i did this right lol..i dont know how to measure really lol
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Week one weigh in 158:) A small loss but makes me pretty happy none the less. I was hit and miss with both the water and fruits and veggies. Fair week in my town and not home for most meals. better week next week. Does our next challenge involve burpees? I read alot about burpees the last couple of days.
  • cohawk11
    cohawk11 Posts: 69
    I would love to try Aqua Zumba! Wish there was a class around me somewhere, but this is the first I've even heard of it... will have to start looking for it!! Thanks!

Aqua Zumba is fun...I sure hope you can find it in your area! I like it because I tend to get really sweaty during workouts so even though it's in the heated "Therapy Pool," I stay cooler in the water. It is also a really challenging workout -- the water adds great resistance (trying to jump and dance in water up to your chest/shoulders is hard!), but it's still easy on the joints, which is great!
  • yramesor333
    yramesor333 Posts: 152
    ANYONE LIVE IN MARYLAND OR IN THE AREA ? WANT TO DO A 10K RUN/WALK!!!
    hi everyone
    i live in Maryland and have been wanting to do a 10k walk !! i found one its a 10k walk or run Start/Finish:
    Cross Island Trail/ Kent Narrows:
    Piney Narrows Rd Chester MD 21619
    its on SEPT. 10,2011

http://www.run4shelter.net/info.php check it out if your interested!!!
    as long as hubby doesnt have a show (gig) on that weekend i'll be there !!!
  • LoriSteib
    LoriSteib Posts: 12 Member
    SW 177.6, CW 177.4 - not bad considering I normally have a 3lb water gain at this "time"!!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    week 1 weigh in: 188

no loss, no gain.
  • abeks
    abeks Posts: 68 Member
    SW 195 pounds
    Week 1 weigh in:192 pounds

3 pounds down :smile:

My other measurements (didn't submit these last week) are: Arms:16 and Thighs:28

Excited to begin this week!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Same as last week... I guess that's not too bad considering it wasn't really a good week! Going to do better this week! Have a great everyone!
  • FLmom2J
    FLmom2J Posts: 67 Member
    WOW, everyone is doing great. There's some big losses this week on here!

Week one weigh in for me- 135.

Same as last week. I should be getting my monthly friend any day now so I blame that lol. I LOVED the water challenge. I think I only missed it a day or two. Looking forward to this coming week :)
  • chrisraem
    chrisraem Posts: 31 Member
    weekly check in. This week was crazy had some heatlh issue that land me in the hospital over night:frown: . Which has been very stressful, but I was still able to make sure I got all of my water in for this challenge so excited about that.

SW:199.6
    CW:195.2
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    still the same as before...hopefully next weigh in will be better.
  • smtraxx
    smtraxx Posts: 60 Member
    Same as last week 188.3 .... hmmmm