Christmas Countdown Challenge (CLOSED GROUP) - Week 1

Options

Replies

• Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Good morning my CCC friends ,
    hope everyone is ready to give it their all this week :drinker:
    i really need 2 break this habit of weighing myself daily ugh!!! im in fear if i dont know my weight daily i will over eat !!
    hope everyone is enjoying the recipes ive been putting up :)
    i love cooking healthy now,3 months ago i woulda turned my nose up and would of never cooked with veggies !! i cant believe it took me 43 years to find out i love veggies !! lol

creamy stuffed chicken

This sounds so good....have chicken and BBsauce in fridge and will swing by grocery on way home to grab stuff and make this tonight...thanks!!!

4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)

4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened(fatfree or low fat)

3 green onions, thinly sliced

1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley

1 clove garlic, minced

1/3 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce (sugar free)

3 Tbsp. apricot preserves

1/4 tsp. hot pepper sauce

4 slices turkey Bacon, cooked, chopped

veggies and/or rice optinal

Make It

HEAT oven to 375ºF.

POUND chicken to 1/4-inch thickness; place, top-sides down, on work surface. Mix cream cheese, onions, parsley and garlic; spread down centers of chicken breasts(optinal add veggies and/or rice). Roll up, starting at one short end of each. Place, seam-sides down, in single layer in shallow pan.

MIX barbecue sauce, preserves and hot pepper sauce; brush 1/4 cup evenly onto chicken.

BAKE 35 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF), brushing with remaining barbecue sauce mixture the last 5 min. Top with bacon.

Tips

How to Pound Chicken Breasts

Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap on cutting board. Use meat mallet to pound chicken to desired thickness.

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    :smile: You've almost got it ( and ) needs to be changed to [ and ] - just got the wrong type of bracket in there - dont give up!

and the [ img ] thing needs to be in front of even the http:// part. it should be [ img ]http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/250121_578894650113_179201885_32260052_7865913_n.jpg[ / img ] but with NO spaces anywhere from the first ''. You're so close! :)
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Working on the chart everyone :) It will be posted by this evening along with the challenge. I am still missing a TON of weigh-ins. Just to make things a little easier, can everyone post their WEIGHT for the week in the format of

CW: 190.2

It's difficult to read through the posts and find "no changes this week" or "lost a pound". Although I try to read as much as possible, it's hard to skim for weigh in numbers when there are no numbers :) I appreciate alllllllll of your help!!! :smooched:

I forgot to weigh this am & I weigh in the mornings....Can I weigh tomorrow morning??

I will keep your weight the same for this week so I can have everything in for tonight. Then just make sure to weigh in Fri-Sun next week and I'll update your stats.

Ok I weighed & was up 0.4 lbs but that's b/c it's TOM time & I ate like crap all weekend & didn't exercise :( we weren't home & didn't get to go hiking like i wanted to b/c of flooding in my mom's house that they don't live in but we were visiting.....:(((
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Working on the chart everyone :) It will be posted by this evening along with the challenge. I am still missing a TON of weigh-ins. Just to make things a little easier, can everyone post their WEIGHT for the week in the format of

CW: 190.2

It's difficult to read through the posts and find "no changes this week" or "lost a pound". Although I try to read as much as possible, it's hard to skim for weigh in numbers when there are no numbers :) I appreciate alllllllll of your help!!! :smooched:

I forgot to weigh this am & I weigh in the mornings....Can I weigh tomorrow morning??

I will keep your weight the same for this week so I can have everything in for tonight. Then just make sure to weigh in Fri-Sun next week and I'll update your stats.

Ok I weighed & was up 0.4 lbs but that's b/c it's TOM time & I ate like crap all weekend & didn't exercise :( we weren't home & didn't get to go hiking like i wanted to b/c of flooding in my mom's house that they don't live in but we were visiting.....:(((
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Well heres my weigh-in :mad:
    CW: 222.8

I so gained 3lbs. But its all my fault! I didnt exercise at all, I only completed the challenge 2 days, and I ate really bad. I eat good for breakfast and lunch but dinner is awful and during the night. I wake up at night a lot and I eat half asleep. :yawn:

So I have no exuses or anyone to blame but myself. I just wish I had a easy button because this is really hard with 3 little kids! :cry: I feel so disapointted in myself! But I am ready to start with a clean slate and begin the week strong. :indifferent:

Me too! And I kept on track relatively well. I'm putting it down to...... oh well, nothing LOL. I've lost consistently over the last 3 months, so I'm not going to fret about my 3lbs up. If I do, I could end up undoing my good changes.

SO, don't be discouraged and feel free to friend me if you need a pat on the back now and again.

It's hard work being a homemaker and raising our country's future. Be kind to yourself.

TTFN (from Tigger - ta ta for now!)
  • yramesor333
    Options
    creamy stuffed chicken

This sounds so good....have chicken and BBsauce in fridge and will swing by grocery on way home to grab stuff and make this tonight...thanks!!!

youre welcome :) hope you enjoy !!
  • Cmuehe
    Cmuehe Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well, it was an interesting week! What I know: I eat whenever I'm at a party, and it seems like we have a lot of parties from now until mid-August! Never mind the whole "eat before you go and you're less likely to eat" thing. :-S HA! I eat before I go, I eat while I'm there, I have a couple of drinks, I go home and eat again! WOW!! Good thing I'm working out this week. Over all over the week wasn't bad (minus my mac and cheese binge). If I ate and exercised like this every week, I would lose weight, but slower than what I'd really like.

So, I need to be more consistent in my eating. Most of the days I ate plenty of fruits and veggies and had lots of water. There was really one day that was not so good on fruits and veggies. All of the other days, I made my goal plus some. Water is easy for me, because my kidneys don't like me otherwise.

Saturday morning, I got up and weighed 176.2. I had lost a pound throughout the week! YEA! I worked out Saturday (Zumba and yoga), ate (a little more than what i should have), was at the lake all day on Sunday tubing and swimming from 1:00 until 7:15 PM, didn't overeat, my period started Sunday night, and this morning, I weighed 179.4!! I gained 2 pounds from Saturday to this morning?!?!? I'm thinking maybe it's period gain. I had to call my bf to consult on this one. She confirmed it it does happen. That weight gain from good old 'Aunt Flo.'

So, after this week, when flo has finally left, I'm hoping to be back down where I left off Saturday morning plus a pound or 2 less than that. I'm shooting for 175.2 to 174.2 by the end of this week. I'm only looking for a pound to pound and a half weekly. I'm hoping that can happen for me. We'll see!!

Everybody, keep up the work. Be it good or bad, stick to it, blog about it, ask for support, and know that we'll be here to keep you going and motivated. :-) ~ cm
  • Cmuehe
    Options
    deleted
  • Cmuehe
    Options
    Well heres my weigh-in :mad:
    CW: 222.8

I so gained 3lbs. But its all my fault! I didnt exercise at all, I only completed the challenge 2 days, and I ate really bad. I eat good for breakfast and lunch but dinner is awful and during the night. I wake up at night a lot and I eat half asleep. :yawn:

So I have no exuses or anyone to blame but myself. I just wish I had a easy button because this is really hard with 3 little kids! :cry: I feel so disapointted in myself! But I am ready to start with a clean slate and begin the week strong. :indifferent:

Hang in there! Some weeks are going to be like that, but you're strong, you know you've got to focus, and you can do it. This week you will treat yourself right and be amazing. ~ cm :flowerforyou:
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Here's my info for last week:
    SW: 167
    Weigh in weight: 165

I need to be sure I check the boards more often as I am completely lost!

Thanks!!
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    test
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Hey! I did it!!! Thanks for your help everyone!!!
  • yramesor333
    Options
    Hey all!

Thanks!!
    i book marked this page so now all i have 2 do is click and im here :)
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Thanks!!

i book marked this page so now all i have 2 do is click and im here :)

Just an FYI... We will be moving into a new thread once I post for the next week.
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am going to assume that who ever has already weighed in will be it for this week. I don't want to keep everyone waiting. I am going to finish up the chart and challenge tonight and post the link to the new thread once its ready. Thanks everyone!
  • JenMac18
    Options
    I'm late! 228 lbs at today's weigh-in
  • yramesor333
    Options
    Ok, I am going to assume that who ever has already weighed in will be it for this week. I don't want to keep everyone waiting. I am going to finish up the chart and challenge tonight and post the link to the new thread once its ready. Thanks everyone!
    AWESOME !!! thanks jenn
  • yramesor333
    Options
    i just come up with this recipe ....fix it 2 night and my family loved it !!!!
    hope you enjoy it too!!

low fat ....HAWIIAN CHICKEN

2 carrots

home made sauce or speg. sauce

3 chicken breast
    (boneless)
    20 oz can pinnapples,(in natural juices)

1/2 box of orzo noodles

parsley

2 cups shredded reduced fat mozzeralla cheese

directions

cut carrots up ,steam for 10 min.

cut chicken breast into pieces

put chicken,carrots and pinnapple chunks w/juice in crock pot ,cook 3-4 hours

15 minutes before done sprinkle 2 cups cheese and parsley flakes on top ,let melt

cook noodles

on plates add noodles then sauce top with hawwian chicken !!

serves 4
  • lauralu71
    Options
    Yeah! Week 2 started! Does anyone know if there is a particular challenge we are focusing on for this week, or just continuing with water and fruits/veggies? I tried scrolling back but didn't really notice one posted.

Thanks!

Have a great week everyone!!
  • yramesor333
    Options
    Yeah! Week 2 started! Does anyone know if there is a particular challenge we are focusing on for this week, or just continuing with water and fruits/veggies? I tried scrolling back but didn't really notice one posted.

Thanks!

Have a great week everyone!!
    hi,no new challenge yet !!! jenn is sorting the chart out and then she will tell us the new challenge!!
    have a great evening