Running in a sports bra.... and a smile?

Options

Replies

• susioryan
    susioryan Posts: 180
    Options
    Its hot, I run at 6 am in the morning and I don't care what other people think of me so yeah, I run in my sports bra and no t-shirt.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Seriously people? How is a sports bra any different from wearing a bikini top in public???

(or in your profile picture, for that matter?) :wink:

Agreed! Actually, my sports bras cover much more than a bikini and to another person's post: I've never seen a "sports bra" that looks like a bra. They look like a really tight halter top and that's more than enough coverage for me.

I also run either very early or very late as the sun is rising or setting, so no worries about sunburn.
  • Madrow
    Madrow Posts: 62
    Options
    I never have and the main reason is because I wear a regular bra with it and it shows from underneath the sport bra (I have a 38 f bra size). I also have a big floppy belly not unlike the one you mentioned, but if wearing just the sport bra keeps you from heatstroke and makes it easier for you to work out, then I'm not gonna criticize you - I commend you! Besides, nobody HAS to look. On the other hand, there isn't anything wrong with feeling modest as long as you don't let it stop you from reaching your goals.

And as for seeing others run in a sport bra, I don't really notice unless they are big chested like me and I wanna know what kind of bra they are wearing, and then I ask them so I can take note and don't look like some kind of gawking perv. I actually see them and, no matter how fit they look, think "I wish I had that kind of confidence!".
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Can the pasties run with just a sports bra?

Being pasty - go for it. Running IN pasties ... no recommended! LOL ... sorry ... just could NOT resist :)

bwahahahhaha!:laugh:

Thanks :) And I am very happy you could not resist...it is threads like this that make me love MFP more than I already do!!
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    For the record, the only thought that goes through our mind is same thought that goes through our mind anytime we see any bra of any type on any woman of any size...

...BOOBS!...
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I wish I could! I know people would be thinking that of me, but I have a lot to lose. I'm hoping by next summer, I can be the girl that runs in a sports bra and makes people do a double take. (For a good reason) :laugh:

This was exactly my thoughts.
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    If I'm running outside then I may wear a sports bra if it's hot enough out. I don't do it at the gym, it's annoying and a bit inappropriate for a gym setting.
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    I personally don't run in just my sportsbra, i wish i could but just don't like my belly that sticks out! One day though! but saying that it's never really too hot in the UK though! I just wear a t-shirt with little sleeves over my sports bra.

However, i say if you feel happy just running in a sports bra then GO FOR IT! i salute you!
  • shellyxxxxx
    shellyxxxxx Posts: 143
    Options
    all i can say if youve got it then flaunt it girls x x
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I would never run in a sports bra. Not until I am at my goal weight.

But at the beach I don't give a rat's *kitten* what anybody thinks of me in my bikini and I wear it with pride. :)
  • afinkel
    afinkel Posts: 1
    Options
    I start out with a sports bra and tank top. But after 2 miles last night in 90 degree heat index I lost the tank top. But I also run when it is dark out. Maybe next time I will have the nerve to start without the tank top.
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    I debated this the other night, it was still HOT out, I wear double sports bras with a tank over the top but I was tempted to ditch the tank. Kept it on. Don't really know why. My husband was watching my internal debate, rather amused, and told me I had nothing to worry about and I should go without the shirt..don't know if he was just trying to stay on my good side or what.

At the gym a few weeks ago there was a girl in a...some sort of sports bra, but it had a V cut in it so her (fake) boobs were out for everyone to see. Matching pants. Matching visor. I couldn't help but giggle at her.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    For safety sake you may want to wear a tank top over just to avoid attracting unnecessary attention to yourself. I'm not super paranoid but it is something no one seems to have considered on here.

First, he/she would have to catch me. And second, they are in for a BIG surprise when they do!! LOL
    Seriously, I dont think sports bra or t-shirt is going to make a difference with a perp.
  • remembertheharddrive
    remembertheharddrive Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    When I see women running in a sports bra only on a hot day, I admire them - regardless of the state of their abs. I've only done it a couple of times when it was over 100 when I ran. Around here it's actually more comfortable to wear a wicking tank because its always humid and hot, not just hot.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I've never done it. I still think I'd come away from the scene with 2 black eyes.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    What kind of bar are you talking about? I have ones that lool just like a regular bra and then the ones that look like a two piece bathing suit top. The larger one is ok but not a cleavage showing one where your boob might pop out lol
  • Annamotion
    Annamotion Posts: 16
    Options
    If you have enough confidence to run in a sports bra then do it! whenever i see woman running in sports bra I always think i wish i could do that !
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    I have an active wear tank with a built in sports bra. I don't know if I'll ever be comfortable running in just a sports bra. We'll see.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    no way that would cause serious issues to my face im sure. lol but if i was smaller on top and had a flat stomache i would consider it for a moment before hubby vetoed. lol
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    I might try that if I knew my boobs wouldnt give me a black eye. I bought a sports bra and I hate hate hate it... but I think its just cuz the girls are pretty large lol More power to you girl! At least your out there tryin!