You know you were born in the 70's and 80's if..........

Options

Replies

• joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    just a couple more: trolls, My little Pony, long thread tied together in a circle to make webs and brooms (i dont know if they had a name). Mr. T and his big chains, the original A-team.

This brought back memories!

Maybe trolls were in the 90's? idk?
  • shiggyshane
    shiggyshane Posts: 215
    Options
    lmao HULK HOGAN AND MR. T at the first wrestlemania and you watched it!!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    laying on your bed to zip your jeans up

THAT REALLY HASNT CHANGED MUCH OVER THE YEARS!!! LOL. BUT NOW ITS CUZ I AM CHUBBY!
  • 2Heavy2Long
    2Heavy2Long Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    $.39 McDonald's Cheeseburgers! :tongue:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    If you can complete the next line to this song from Schoolhouse Rock... "I'm just a bill. Yes, I'm only a bill."

Wasn't that along with.. "conjunction junction, what's your function?"

Someone talked about having a bike and using a clothespin to hold baseball/hockey card in the spokes.

Well about a month ago, I was with friends, and their kids were riding bikes.
    The newest thing. They put an empty water bottle in between the frame and the wheel, so the wheel makes noise as it rubs the empty bottle.

i asked him. "Don't you guys know about using a hockey card and sticking it into the spokes" (he's about 10).

He looked at me with that "what the hell you talking about look" :laugh:
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I never did get a swatch watch but I loved my jelly shoes!
  • fmbarbuto
    fmbarbuto Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I never did get a swatch watch but I loved my jelly shoes!

I still have my swatch! It's red and white and has a yellow screen guard!!! My kids asked if they could wear it and I told them no way - it's an antique!!!! :laugh:

Forgot about my Chicago rollerskates! They were white with big red wheels - and they were "it" at the skating rink I used to go to growing up! Many birthday parties there! Now they call it roller blading. Yes, I have rollerblades too - but there's no nostalgia with them! LOL
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    If remember the GI Joe PSA "and now you know and knowing......"

....."is HALF the battle."!!!

LOL! We STILL say that to each other in my family ;-)
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    These are all GREAT!!!!! :laugh:
  • carriecolleen
    Options
    Chip and Pepper T-shirts
    Typing Class (with typewriters) lol
    Pogo Balls...I wish I still had mine...great exercise!
    Prizes in chip bags/popsicle sticks and in the liners of pop caps
  • tiffwhit16
    tiffwhit16 Posts: 76
    Options
    POGS! Those stupid cardboard disks with metal "slammers"! Bahahaha...

OMG!! I forgot about those! My brothers and I all had them. The bigger your collection the cooler you were!!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options

Those shoes with the hole in the heel?

We called them highwaters, but some people called them Yo-yos. And guess what? They're back!

Those were my very first "cool" shoes!
  • tiffwhit16
    Options
    just a couple more: trolls, My little Pony, long thread tied together in a circle to make webs and brooms (i dont know if they had a name). Mr. T and his big chains, the original A-team.

This brought back memories!

Maybe trolls were in the 90's? idk?

The original A-Team, Dukes of Hazard, and Chips...we have all of these on DVD and my kids love to watch them!
  • tiffwhit16
    Options
    Both of my brothers had My Buddy dolls. (My blond brother had the blond and my brunette brother had the brunette!!)

I had a slumber party one night and we watched Chucky! One of my friends fell asleep in the recliner (that had a plant hook above it). She woke up screaming!! My dad had taped a plastic knife in the hand of the My Buddy doll and hung it from the plant hook over her head.

Scared us all to death.
  • mialsya
    mialsya Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    - you were stirrup pants under your multiple layers of different colored scrunchie socks
    - you were a side ponytail with multiple scrunchies to match your socks
    - you wore your clothes backwards as a fashion statement
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    If you can complete the next line to this song from Schoolhouse Rock... "I'm just a bill. Yes, I'm only a bill."

Wasn't that along with.. "conjunction junction, what's your function?"

Someone talked about having a bike and using a clothespin to hold baseball/hockey card in the spokes.

Well about a month ago, I was with friends, and their kids were riding bikes.
    The newest thing. They put an empty water bottle in between the frame and the wheel, so the wheel makes noise as it rubs the empty bottle.

i asked him. "Don't you guys know about using a hockey card and sticking it into the spokes" (he's about 10).

He looked at me with that "what the hell you talking about look" :laugh:

They came out with a School House Rock cd with all the songs done by various groups like 3 is the Magic Number by Blind Melon and Conjunction Junction by Better than Ezra and The Energy Blues by Biz Markie. My kids all know the words to every song from hearing that cd over and over!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Babysitters Club books (when they first came out)
    Muscle Men (is that what they were called? the little 2" plastic guys)
    Chocolate Milk was a friday treat at school lunch
    The A-Team, MacGuyver, Knight Rider.
    You saw ET, Star Wars (any of those 3, not the prequels), or Never Ending Story in the theater, first run
    Leg warmers!
    Oh, don't forget the Dungeons & Dragons "cult" scare; don't remember if it was before or after the Cartoon series (LOVED that show!)
    Happy Meals came in a cool box with a cool toy.
    "Uh-oh spaghetti-oh's"
  • Lleldiranne
    Options
    Learning to program BASIC in jr high tech class.

And thongs were something you wore on your feet (now called flip-flops)
  • Lleldiranne
    Options
    That Coca Cola commercial, " I'd like to give the world a coke.." Two all beef pattie special sauce.... you know the rest...

And the Wendy's commercial with the old lady (don't remember who) saying "Where's the Beef?"
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    The Burger King commercial with the 3 old ladies..."WHERE'S THE BEEF?!?"