You know you were born in the 70's and 80's if..........

Options

Replies

• wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,161 Member
    Options
    You had to wear a gym uniform (girls) that was one piece with a zipper up the front, striped on top, solid on the bottom.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    You ever wore a banana clip. Or if you ever had a swirl comb sticking out of a back pocket of your jeans. They were even cooler if the comb was covered in puffy stickers!

And you feathered your hair like Farrah with it, and applied the super-sized Bonne Bell lip balm -- bubble gum flavor.
  • arh0117
    arh0117 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    The boys and girls sang the different parts of Meatloaf's "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" at parties.
    Do you love? Will you love me forever......

OMG my husband loves that song!!! He runs to it! It drives me crazy everytime I hear it. I was born in '85 and remember a lot of this stuff, but I am more of a 90s kids I guess. I love the 90s on 9 station on Sirius!!
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I loved my banana clips!!
    How about penny loafers with dimes in them to make an emergency call home
    or pay phones charging 20 cents to make a call
    the Pepsi Challenge
    Valley Girls
    Those shoes with the hole in the heel?
    Dr. Schols
    flip flops being called thongs
    recording your favorite songs on cassette when the radio played them
    polaroid cameras
    car phones
    CB radios
    laying on your bed to zip your jeans up
    Forenza sweaters
    What were those layered knit clothes that came out where one size fits all called?
  • MaeKhaleesi
    MaeKhaleesi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    your students have no idea what you're talking about when you mention the DiCaprio + Danes version of Romeo and Juliet

I LOVE this movie! This list is so true. I remember watching Dinosaurs, Full House, The Brady Bunch and countless other shows when I was little. <3
  • MaeKhaleesi
    MaeKhaleesi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Eeep! So many memories!
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    You went to the theater to watch the first version of Star Wars...

You actually own an original Cabbage Patch doll.... adopted at the time for $80

Your jeans had purple glitter in the fabric

You spent every Friday night at the roller rink with your white roller skates and the pom pom tassels

The first boy you had a crush on, had a bobbed hair cut

You thought it was cool to have a mullet

You owned all things Hello Kitty when it was popular the first time around

Michael Jackson had his original nose

American Band Stand was what you watched for the latest songs and dances (not MTV)

Your collar could actually make you hang glide if a big enough wind picked up!
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    LOL We've continued the traditions with our 9 year old twins! They are into the Choose Your Own Adventure books and Mad Libs. We even have them watch Beakman's World on Netflix (though that's more 90s)
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    LOL We've continued the traditions with our 9 year old twins! They are into the Choose Your Own Adventure books and Mad Libs. We even have them watch Beakman's World on Netflix (though that's more 90s)

I still like the idea of Choose Your Own Adventures... and my teen boys and I love Mad Libs. :)
  • welcominganewself
    Options
    Hyper color shirts

The Smurfs

Fraggle Rock

Kris Kross
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You went to the theatre to watch the first version of "Star Wars", dressed up like Yoda:)

Went from wearing mostly plaid, to mostly leopard with big hair (Ah, the days) DO NOT miss hairspray~ never use it now.

Madonna was your idol. Knew every word to every song!

You'll never forget MJ's "Beat it" video~ Was amazing:)

Couldn't live without your Atari.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    MTV still played music videos!!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Saturday morning cartoons.

Best thing EVER! I remember getting up at 6 on Saturdays to watch cartoons until like 10....Those cartoons were awesome, I kinda feel sorry for all the kids that will never experience that...it's just NOT the same nowadays ;-(
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Jem, Rainbow Brite, Strawberry Shortcake, Cabbage Patch Kids, Smurfs, Snorks, Bangs taller than your head is, My Little Pony, Care Bears, Masters Of The Universe, GiJoe, Transformers, Garbage Pail Kids, Teddy Ruxpin, Gremlins, Goonies, the "Cories" (Feldman and Haim), Pac-Man....:bigsmile:
    My kids watch these today on The Hub!
  • amybluefish
    amybluefish Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    How about having a long enough cord on your phone so you could drag it into your room for some privacy! BTW, my kids play MASH :)

Oh ya, the intricate ways we would fold notes to pass in class. I wish I could remember some of those.
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    You could do the dance to Thriller and you went to the drive-in.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    You know what a Pamama Jack and "Just a Swingin'" shirts are. Too fun!
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say I LOVE THIS THREAD!!! Awesome!
  • kristiek7
    kristiek7 Posts: 198
    Options
    I haven't read all the replies.............but

The 20 minute workout is burned into my brain for all eternity.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    If you were male and had *THAT* Farrah Fawcett poster tacked to the ceiling over your bed...

And you all should know what poster I am talking about...