Ripped in 30 w/ Jillian M. Who's in?!?!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• ts014
    ts014 Posts: 34
    Options
    2 days off with a mini vacation to the beach! really needed the workout this morning. I went overboard this weekend!:sick:
    W3D3 for me today. Glad to hear everyone is doing so well. keep up the good work.
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I finished Week 3 this morning!

ON to the final week tomorrow! I will only get halfway through it but that's better than nothing!!

I lost my measuring tape so I can't check my progress that way. :(
  • daad13
    daad13 Posts: 68
    Options
    ^ Hi! I hope you're moving in goes well and everything! Congrats on finishing week 3, I just started it today and it's definitely a good workout. I hate to say it...but I found Jillian to be really encouraging this week..and I think this might be my favorite week so far :)
    Good luck with Week 4, you got this! Do what you can until you move back to school, and hopefully continue until the very end when you find the time. You should definitely be proud that you've made it this far! All of you here have been doing great so keep on keeping on.

I had a question about Week 3...the very last ab move in the 3rd circuit is somewhat like a leg lift while doing a crunch and raising your hands. I can't seem to do either of them (not the advanced or modified). I can bring my upper body and hands up but my legs just won't raise up. Any tips? I ended up doing the move while my legs laid flat on the ground =/
  • BeautyFromWithin
    Options
    W4D1 done!

Why do I feel like its half yoga poses? Theres like a cresent pose and swan dive thing and the downward dog again.. I don't know how to do them that well! I haven't really taken yoga before except for the occasional day in high school aerobics class.

This week is HARD!!!!!! But it felt good! I love how she lets you lie down for like 1.5 minutes at the end and just breathe. I think that's my favorite part of the DVD.. LOL!!!! But seriously, lol!
  • ts014
    Options

I had a question about Week 3...the very last ab move in the 3rd circuit is somewhat like a leg lift while doing a crunch and raising your hands. I can't seem to do either of them (not the advanced or modified). I can bring my upper body and hands up but my legs just won't raise up. Any tips? I ended up doing the move while my legs laid flat on the ground =/

yeah you have to lift your legs and reach for your toes with your arms in one move. try bending your knees a little that might help.

W3D5 for me today. Ready for this week to be over. The tricep dips really kill me for some reason. I can't believe how weak my triceps are. Plus I have the whole hurting wrists thing again with it!
  • ts014
    Options
    W4D1 done!

Why do I feel like its half yoga poses? Theres like a cresent pose and swan dive thing and the downward dog again.. I don't know how to do them that well! I haven't really taken yoga before except for the occasional day in high school aerobics class.

That actually sounds good to me. I love yoga!! I am going to start doing it again once I lose all the weight I want to. I doesn't really burn calories so I havent done it in a long time. I can tell now that she is preparing for those poses with a little bit in week 3 with the storks and the balance moves she does. The laying there for awhile like you said she does is typical yoga as well. Good luck with week 4.
  • kbizzleoo
    kbizzleoo Posts: 114
    Options
    Ahh so I took a couple days off. I guess you could say I was getting bored and so I stopped working as hard. I guess starting this immediately after the 30DS wasn't a good idea.

So I had already completely 21 days. Then after my break (which was 4 days) I decided to give it another shot. I started week 4 just so I wasn't doing something I had already done. and it was soo difficult. and again, I felt like I wasn't working as hard. I'm not sure why I give up so easily now. what happened to my motivation?

So all of you who are doing this consistently - kudos to you! you are doing great! I am so anxious to get back to college to use the gym and participate in the group fit classes that are offered. so hopefully that change will help me get back on track. im still going to shoot to complete the 30 days though.
  • BeautyFromWithin
    Options
    I finished W4D2 this morning! I think I'm going to have to stop after tomorrow's workout because of leaving for college, but I'll bring the DVD up with me along with my weights and get it done when I'm too lazy to go to the gym, or my muscles shrink again.. haha.

It was much more enjoyable today!
  • ts014
    Options
    W3D6 for me. One more day left of week 3 and really excited about that. I am really happy with my progress so far and feel like everything I have been learning this past 9 months is finally coming together! :happy:
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I want to take a moment to thank all of you who are working through Ripped and checking in here throughout the last 4 weeks! You have all been so great. I know that I've had my moments where I seriously just wanted to throw in the towel, but thanks to all of you wonderful ladies, I haven't. And at this point I know I've come to far to quit now. Thank you for the support, the dedication and motivation you all bring to this group! I really appreciate it! Thank YOU!!!!

Today I began W4D1 of Ripped in 30! It was great! And for the first day, I think I might love it. It may be my favorite week. It was challenging, but I have to say that Im only sore in my shoulders (for now) I really enjoy the warm up too.I don't have all of the positions to exact form quite yet, but after all, it was day 1! C'mon week 4! Help kick me into overdrive and really lose some inches!!!
  • BeautyFromWithin
    Options
    W4D3 done!

This is the end of RI30 for me unfortunately for a little while as I will be moving into my apartment for college! I'm bringing the DVD with me in case I want to start up again though along with my handweights!

Thanks for your wonderful support everyone! I wish I could find my tape measure so I could post how many more inches I've lost. I know the first two weeks it was about 6.5 inches, so it's probably a little more! However, I have become way more toned and my muscles are more defined as well! SO EXCITING! I can now wear half the size of pants I was wearing at the beginning of the summer too! That's enthralling! :)

Good luck everyone, don't give up! GET IT DONE!!!!
  • ts014
    Options
    W3 done for me!! yay! excited for week 4 because of what I have heard from all of you here. My friend did RI30 and her favorite was week 4 as well. She still uses it occasionally for a workout on its own.
    Good luck today everyone!:smile:
  • ts014
    Options
    W4D1 done today. I really enjoyed this workout and didn't think that it was any more intense then the others when I first started them. I actually really liked the moves in this one.
  • daad13
    daad13 Posts: 68
    Options
    Today is my last day of Week 3 and off to week 4 I go! So excited to take it all in by the end of week 4. And to hopefully start the 30DShred :D
    I was wondering what the average weight loss was for doing ripped in 30? I heard about a lot of people losing up to 5-7 pounds. I know it all depends on what you eat, how hard you work and other exercises you put in. Halfway through the 2nd week I realized that I lost 3 pounds but from that point on I haven't lost anything. I actually gained around a pound by the 3rd week. Could that be muscle gain? I'm not too sure. My family keeps telling me that I do look more toned but the number on the scale is messing with my head :(
  • ts014
    Options
    W4D5 done today. The workout is getting easier too! I was so happy because I started back to school yesterday and everyone was commented on how I looked. It made me feel that all this hard work has been so worth it!!
    Have a great day everyone!