Options

Replies

• elmobabie84
    elmobabie84 Posts: 112
    Options
    Week 1 challenge from Jen:

Just as a refresher:
    We will base everything on a points system:
    For every mile that you run/walk/bike/swim/etc, you will earn 10 points for your team.
    For daily nutrition challenges - each person on your team that completes the challenge will earn an additional 5 points for your team
    For daily exercise challenges - each person on your team that completes the challenge will earn an additional 10 points for your team

Every day, the team captains will need to send me their team's total points for the day. I will maintain a spreadsheet for everyone to monitor the progress of the challenge.

For the exercise challenges - You choose if you use weights or not. This is all about pushing yourself to do something that you wouldn't ordinarily do, BUT we don't want anyone getting hurt. The main idea is to go DISTANCE. The Nutrition & Exercise challenges are EXTRA.

::::Week 1 Challenges::::
    Friday
    Nutrition - Under Calories
    Exercise - 50 Crunches
    Saturday
    Nutrition - At LEAST 10 cups (8oz) of water
    Exercise - 50 Windshield Wipers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeqA3O4DUk
    Sunday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium
    Exercise - 50 Woodchops (25 on each side) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBG7tzX0aT0
    Monday
    Exercise - 50 crunches
    Tuesday
    Nutrition - At LEAST 10 cups (8oz) of water
    Exercise - 50 Windshield Wipers
    Wednesday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium
    Exercise - 50 Woodchops (25 on each side)
    Thursday
    Exercise - 50 crunches

I KNOW WE CAN DO THIS LADIES!!! LETS MAKE THOSE POINTS!!!
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    hey, I haven't seen any postings from hopey33 - you with us, girl?
  • elmobabie84
    Options
    hey, I haven't seen any postings from hopey33 - you with us, girl?
    I havent seen her either. Let me go send her a message. she's on my friends list but i havent seen any posts from her either.
  • kristy9397
    kristy9397 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have a question about the way to tally points. I do water aerobics at least 2 times a week for an hour. I have no clue how many miles that is but I know it's a great workout.
  • MadBabysMama
    Options
    Hi, ladies. Here are my numbers so far today (I still have my date with Jillian late night so will complete the crunches then, you can count it as a yes).
    Miles = 3.0
    Nutrition Under Calories = Yes
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    50 crunches- Yes
    under calorie goal- yes

Those crunches gave me a nice burn.
  • MadBabysMama
    Options
    Crunches officially done - thank you, Jillian!
  • elmobabie84
    Options
    one mile done
    crunches yes
    under calories yes
  • elmobabie84
    Options
    I have a question about the way to tally points. I do water aerobics at least 2 times a week for an hour. I have no clue how many miles that is but I know it's a great workout.
    i would say its probably 3 or 4 miles per workout. what days do you do them?
  • elmobabie84
    Options
    has everyone posted their information?? i need to have it to jen my 10am.
  • elmobabie84
    Options
    ok ladies 115pts for day 1! way to go! i sent a msg to jen letting her know that 2 of our members havent posted yet. so we might be able to add more to that!! LETS GO SASSY SHAKEDOWN!!!!
  • Hopey33
    Hopey33 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sorry yall. Kinda new at this and just figured out what was going on. Will def catch up. Sorry :(
  • elmobabie84
    Options
    Sorry yall. Kinda new at this and just figured out what was going on. Will def catch up. Sorry :(
    your fine Hopey!! No worries!! Glad you're with us!
  • MadBabysMama
    Options
    Today's report:
    Miles = 5.0
    Nutrition = going strong, will get this one - 2 glasses to go, so mark it as yes
    Exercise challenge = I'll try, but they look HARD. If I can do them after my date with Jillian, I will, otherwise assume this one is NOT complete. I hope to at least do a few, though - but 50 sounds like a lot.
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    Miles- 2
    Windshield exercise- 50 done
  • MadBabysMama
    Options
    finished my date with Jillian - tried 10 of the windshield wipers and called it a night, sorry team. my sore hips are back, so I didn't want to overdo it, and I was just beat from my relatively intense cardio this afternoon. got the rest of my water, so that's a YES.
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    ^ those windshield wipers are a killer!

10 cups of water-done
  • elmobabie84
    Options
    Way to go ladies!!!! So proud of ya'll!!! has anyone heard from Kristy???? i'm going to post our points in a couple of hours! but we are doing so good!!!
  • elmobabie84
    Options
    MESSAGE FROM JEN:

Okay, so I thought about this issue with the non-distance workouts. I consulted some very smart, awesome people. Originally, my plan was to base this all on everyone doing some sort of DISTANCE workout. But I can see that this may pose a bit of an issue. So, starting today (we will not backtrack on yesterday's points), for every 20 minutes of cardio (not including the time you spend to do the daily exercise challenge), you will earn a mile (10 points). So, say you do Zumba for 45 minutes - we'll count that as 2 miles or 20 points. Does this make sense?

Captains - Please make sure that you send me the total number of points that your team earned for the day. I don't have totals for Lean Green Machines or Dropping Divas. Please check the spreadsheet, as I've updated it with the points that I've received. If you think I have an incorrect number, please let me know. I'm not trying to cheat anyone.

Oh! Just a side note - some of the girls playing this game (actually a bunch of the captains) are on my team for another game. So, if you see them post something on my wall like 'I burned 862 cals today' or anything directed to the Knotty Girls, pay no attention. It's not related to this game. (Unless you're one of those Knotty Girls! In which case, you better listen up, or I'll get you! *giggles*)

Soooooo........I think that's all questions/issues addressed. If I missed anything, please let me know.
  • elmobabie84
    Options
    ok ladies.. we had 105pts for 7/30!!! we did an awesome job!! lets keep up the good work!!!