***TEAM PERSEVERANCE - AUGUST CHALLENGE*** (Closed group)

Options

Replies

• emilyahsmommy
    Options
    Hello Team,
    I am dreading weighing in today but after I go to the dentist and do my 30 day shred work out I will. I am nervous that I won't see the numbers that I want to but I have to think again that this is only the beginning and I have been doing great. It just takes time.

How are all of you doing? TGIF!
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hello Team,
    I am dreading weighing in today but after I go to the dentist and do my 30 day shred work out I will. I am nervous that I won't see the numbers that I want to but I have to think again that this is only the beginning and I have been doing great. It just takes time.

I have my fingers crossed for you. Any loss is a great result!! :happy:
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    emilyahsmommy, I hope the weigh in goes well but no matter what we will really hit it hard in August so you will see results!!!!!!
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    I just wanted to let people know I had an ultrasound today and found out my baby doesn't have a definite heartbeat. :( So waiting to see what happens next, but I may not be around as much for a few days.
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Amanda - you are in my thoughts. I will keep everything crossed for you :flowerforyou:
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I ditto what Jules said.....we will be thinking about you and sending warm wishes. Hugs!!! When you're ready, we're here!
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Amanda, I will be thinking of you. Hope all goes well. Don't think about it too much. I am sure everything will be fine. This happened to my cousin and his wife and they now have a beutiful and healthy baby girl.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Praying for you and your little miracle, Amanda!!!!!!!!!!!! We will always be here and PLEASE message me if there is anything we can do for you.

For the rest of the team. Before we start on Monday I would like to have a few things from each of you. Need your start weight, how much weight have you lost via MFP to date, and what is your goal weight. THANK YOU!!!!
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    Lori, you're an awesome cheerleader. So glad you're out captain!!
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    **our captain!**
  • boosmama98
    boosmama98 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sending BIG prayers for you Amanda!!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Ty Bonnie!!!
  • boosmama98
    boosmama98 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Where else would we get old SNL videos with legwarmers and leotards?? :)
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    mountain-27-1.jpg

Here is the official member list of Team Perseverance!!!

I just received the challenges for the first week of August from Gary. Reading over everything and will post soon!!!!

GET EXCITED!!!!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 1
    This is the week one team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine.
    This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team
    captain for ideas.

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks*(see below)
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (extra)
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches*
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs *
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Pushups *
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges*
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

If you are uncertain on how to do an exercise get with your captains as they will have a weblink to each
    exercise.

Week One Weekly Team Challenge

Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over
    their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days
    your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
    as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
    Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    What are up and downs?
  • sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just put them in your search bar and youtube will pop up and show you.
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing they're also referred to as "burpees" too....
  • Trans4mations
    Trans4mations Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Amanda, you are in my prayers!!!!!
  • Trans4mations
    Trans4mations Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    What are up and downs?

I have the same question... but I think its this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPU2EpW5nT0&feature=related