***TEAM PERSEVERANCE - AUGUST CHALLENGE*** (Closed group)

Options

Replies

• PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Lori,
    Just a couple of questions -

1. Where do we send our photos to?
    2. How/where do we log our completed challenges?

• Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Ralph and I are playing theatrics all in the name of fun Arielle it's ok.

You send your photos to my email which is menorahlover@gmail.com and you post here in our forum when you have finished completing a challenge and that is your "log in". Then I put it in my spreadsheet. Just makes it easier to come here and get all of your info than having everyone message me when they've completed a challenge.

LoriasMrT-1.jpg
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    So I have had stomach pains all day yesturday, it may be bad heartburn too and today the same thing but not as bad. So yesturday I hardly ate anything but come dinner time, I felt a lot better and I was starved at that point so I ate really bad. I did'nt even right it down but one of the bad things was garlic fries. I have'nt even exercised this weekend because I don't feel good. I hope this stomach pain goes away soon because I am not gonna loose any weight if I keep this up.
  • rj_knitnchick
    Options
    tanya - sorry you are not feeling well. We do some of our worst eating when we don't feel well. Hope your stomach feels better soon.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Hugs Tanya you will be in my thoughts and prayers today! Get as much rest as possible and I hope you feel better in time to start the challange!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Haha Lori - this is really a challenge!!

I now have to have a photo too!!

lol

lol hmm... not sure if I'll see to much difference in one month (I have more than too much fluff around the edges).
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    [/quote]

lol hmm... not sure if I'll see to much difference in one month (I have more than too much fluff around the edges).
    [/quote]
    You may be plesantly surprised at how different you look by the end of August!! Honed & toned :wink:
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm so sorry for the late intro but I've been really worried I couldn't compete in this challenge due to my hip injury. However I feel like It has improved a lot so will try and workout 2morrow to see how it goes:bigsmile: .

I've just been catching up on all that Ive missed and I really can't wait to get to know you all so we can kick some butt (especially someone starting with R and ending in alph:tongue: )

My names KJ and I'm 32 and I've been living and working in South Korea for nearly 8 years as a teacher. I have been overweight most of my life however at school I was very athletic and had a nice sporty bod. Well that has def changed! I really want to get back to a healthy weight so I can think about having a baby and be confident when go out. I have just stated really using MFP in the last 2 weeks and I'm really enjoying the supportive community and love the opportunity to partake in challenges (I'm very competitive!!!)

Lori - you seem like a born leader who is def going to help us push ourselves to the limit, I love it!!! I'll post SW 2morrow as I will weigh myself in the morning. A pic, mmmm I'll try but I'm scared the camera will break :happy:. Also if my hip is a bit sore to do starjumps 2morrow is there another exercise I could do for the challenge. I'll try my best but I just think the jarring on my hip may be too much this early on.

Jill - I too am very sarcastic (I'm from New Zealand and all us Kiwis are :laugh: ) I never mean it but it keeps everyone on their toes:wink:

Amanda - My heart goes out to you at this tough time and I really hope everything is ok

Tanya - Hope your stomach feels better, nothing worse than being sick!

Everyone else - Can't wait to KICK SOME *kitten*!!!!
  • rj_knitnchick
    Options
    I agree KJ. I am ready to kick some *kitten* right off of my *kitten*!!
  • Trans4mations
    Trans4mations Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

Tanya - I hope you feel better soon!

Lori - here you go...

CW: 343.6
    MFP Starting: 376
    GW: 225

Will get a pic over to you sometime today.

Love the Mr. T pic, btw...lol.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    That's for your post KJ!!! Loved getting to find out more about you! Fascinating life it sounds like!!!!

I have messaged Gary about an alternative to the jumping jacks and waiting to hear back from him.
    He made a forum for us captains and the same question was addressed over there but still no word.

a1821.jpg
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Good Luck everyone for Day 1 - I'm off to dream of 'Jumping Jacks' lol :happy:
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Night Jules!!!!!! See you tomorrow!!!
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    Do you have to send a pic?? I mean, I guess I can, lol, but it's a bit depressing for me lol. It's sad this is a healthy weight for my height IMO. Anyways, I am fine being disqualified from the prizes if I have to be. Just let me know and I'll send one if I need too.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with a new personal trainer. You get 12 free short sessions to develop a work out plan and goals and then thee free one hour sessions once you do that. I'm excited.

As for calories, I recently started trying something new and love it. I'm doing 4 day sets with days 1 and 3 at 1.5lbs loss (so 750 calorie deficit), day 2 at target (500 calorie deficit), and day 4 at no deficit. It's nice since I'm getting to treat myself on day 4 which keeps me on point the other three days.
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    So it's 100 jumping jacks tomorrow? In addition to the normal work out?
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    That is correct the challenge for tomorrow is 100 jumping jacks on top of your normal workout!!!

Also NO you do NOT have to send a pic if you do not want and it does NOT disqualify you from anything.
  • boosmama98
    boosmama98 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My pic will be coming later tonight. Today proved to be a very busy day. :)
  • ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Options
    Love the picture, Lori!!!!! Hilarious!! So excited to start.
  • ncgatorfan
    Options
  • ncgatorfan
    Options