[CLOSED GROUP] 36 Pounds Challenge - Welcome!

Options

Replies

• weightlosssw
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! Sorry, I've not been posting too much cause I was travelling! But I am back and today is weigh in day! Please post your weight or message it to me! I am already updating the sheet based on your tickers, but feel free to send me any updates to the sheet.
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    All!

I just updated our 36 pounds challenge sheet! I am so proud if you! First of all - according to your tickers :) - NOONE GAINED WEIGHT! Now that is good news :)

Of course, some lost more than others, and we have a couple of people who did not lose, but no worries. Today the new month begins and it starts all over. Your target for this month is another 4.5 pounds, and if you really try, I know you can do this!

So now please go and check your numbers in the sheet and make sure it's what you expect. If there are any mistakes, please feel free to email me what I need to update. Also, if you would like me to record your weight, please email me as well. Here is the link one more time:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AnZyjQx9RLtvdGtHeVBiUUc0bEhoWlNpU25oRWxXMXc&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Now to the fun part. The 4 biggest losers are:

mikeyken
    Kimmy546
    weightlosssw
    AmerTunis

Congrats, I am so proud of you (me included in this list)!!! Here is what I would like from you:

Please identify an exercise routine that is doable without any equipment (e.g. walk extra 30 minutes, 30 extra crunches, etc). It should not take more than 30 minutes. Please post the exercise on our topic, or email it to me in which case I will post it to the site as well as to my status for everyone to read. Please try to identify the exercise by Sunday evening.

Now, we have a long list of participants who did not make the 4.5 pounds. No worries, you still did really well, I am so proud of all the pounds lost this month.
    But this is a challenge, and this month, you are under the target.
    So you will need to complete 3 out of the 4 exercises suggested every week until the next weigh in. You will start next week on Monday, and I think you should post which exercise you are doing when to your status updates, so we can cheer you on :)
    That means during the next 4 weeks, every week you will have 3 extra 30 minute exercises to do. And this in addition to whatever you are already planning to do!

I hope it won't be too hard, but if it is, it will be a motivation to make the 4.5 pounds next month :)

Here is the list of people who will have to do the exercises:

melbaby925
    amomii
    elmobabie84
    savynurse
    verair
    kellicarter11
    Aprilstar480
    fat351
    echeindl
    januarygal

At least you are all in good company :)

Last but not least, congrats to

januarygal
    DebGaDavey

You guys did amazing and you exceeded your targets, and because of that you won't have to do these exercises :) Just keep going, you are on the right path!!

Ok, now I got to think about what exercise I want to suggest!! :)
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    All!

Another update for our challenge.

I made a mistake with echeindl entry - she actually lost the 4.5 pounds! Congrats on that, no exercises for you :)

79.3 total pounds lost as a group! Isn't that amazing!!

Also, I want to especially congratulate AmerTunis who lost above and beyond everyone else: 23 pounds! That is incredible, you should be really proud of yourself!!!

Keep up the good work & have a wonderful weekend.

Don't forget to send the exercises!
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    All,

And here is my exercise routine (as we have 4 biggest loser this month, feel free to pick 3 out of the 4 I am going to send over the next few days):

It's going to be a 15 minute stretching exercise. I figured you all have your idea and plan for doing cardio (and maybe the 3 others will identify a cardio exercise for this list), but most people forget to stretch. Why is stretching important?

- it activates your muscles and therefore can help to burn calories faster, of course is effect is much less visible than cardio, but still important
    - best after one of your cardio exercises when you are warmed up, but I do it in the morning or after work sometimes
    - stretching can help you to build muscles, decrease pain if you have any, reduce stress, etc. we know there are lots of benefits.

So for the exercise, please go to this link:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/stretching/SM00043

It will guide you through 10 little stretching routines, if you do them right, it won't take more than 15 minutes to do!

Now happy stretching!

I am including everyone in this email, but of course you only do this is your were under the 4.5 pound goal :)
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone! 79 pounds is sooo good!

Lets try to get to 100 this month :)
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    exercise routine from mikeyken:

she suggests 200 mountain climbers in a week, because she absolutely HATES these on her Wii active game, but they really are a good exercise.

Still waiting on exercise 3 + 5. Hopefully will announce them soon! Happy exercising!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    exercise routine from mikeyken:

she suggests 200 mountain climbers in a week, because she absolutely HATES these on her Wii active game, but they really are a good exercise.

Still waiting on exercise 3 + 5. Hopefully will announce them soon! Happy exercising!
    At the risk of sounding silly.... what are mountain climbers!
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    exercise # 3 from AmerTunsi:

Below is a strength/cardio combination of exercises that she recently tried and really enjoyed. There are two versions for those who are beginners and then sets for more advanced. They can look at youtube videos if they aren't sure what the moves are. None of them should take more than 30 mins per day.

Beginners:

Day 1 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

OR

(Advanced) - it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

Day 1 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees, 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees , 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees, 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT!
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    Exercise # 4 from Kimmy546:

Strength = 3 minutes

-pushups (30 seconds)
    -squat and press (1.5 minutes)
    -pushups (30 seconds)
    -squat and press (1.5 minutes)

Cardio = 2 minutes

-jumping jacks (30 seconds)
    -jump rope (30 seconds)
    -jumping jacks (30 seconds)
    -jump rope (30 seconds)

Abs = 1 minutes

-crunches (30 seconds)
    -reverse crunches (30 seconds)

CIRCUIT 2

Strength = 3 minutes

-dumbell row (pull – 30 seconds)
    -static lunge w/ bicep curl (left – 1.5 minutes)
    -dumbell row (pull – 30 seconds)
    -static lunge w/ bicep curl (right – 1 .5 minutes)

Cardio = 2 minutes

-butt kicks (30 seconds)
    -punches (30 seconds)
    -butt kicks (30 seconds)
    -punches (30 seconds)
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    All exercises have been posted! Make sure to keep up the exercise if you were below the 4.5 pounds! If you work hard, next month, you won't have to do any :)

I haven't been doing well over the long weekend. Had too much good food and no exercise for a while. So now I am already 2 pounds up (it goes so quick after losing), but today I am back on track and hopefully will catch up to avoid the exercises next month :)

BTW, from now on we will do weigh-ins, that's a lot easier than recording the pounds lost from the tracker. So make sure to report your weight either here in our topic or via a message to me.
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    BTW, we are 7 days into month 2 of our challenge :)
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    Good job everyone! 79 pounds is sooo good!

Lets try to get to 100 this month :)

that would be cool, but might be hard :)
  • echeindl
    Options
    12 days in and I have not lost any weight!! Gahh. 18 days to lose 4.5 pounds? Am I crazy to think that's going to happen?
  • amomii
    Options
    Hi All
    Just wanted to let everyone know I am still in the challenge. I work and go to school fulltime so my postings have been few and far between. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • echeindl
    Options
    Tomorrow is the first! I can't believe its been a month since last weigh in
  • echeindl
    Options
    Weigh in for the first- 155.8
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Ehhh... Saturday weigh-in is not good!!! I've been at 152-153 for the last week or so but I tend to slack a little on the weekends so my weight is slightly up:grumble: I thought about not changing my weight in my ticket:devil: But that would not only being cheating you guys it would be cheating me too!!! So today I am at 154.4lbs.
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    All, thanks for posting your weight. I updated our chart. Still waiting to hear from some more people before we can announce the biggest losers and next month exercises.

I didn't have a good month, I ate not too healthy, was travelling, but I actually did not gain (which is good after losing a lot the previous month). But I want to reach my 36 pounds in 3 month, so I WANT TO DO BETTER IN OCTOBER! Will try to be back on track starting today. I also need to hit the gym, I don't think I made it a single time to the sym in September :(
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    Ehhh... Saturday weigh-in is not good!!! I've been at 152-153 for the last week or so but I tend to slack a little on the weekends so my weight is slightly up:grumble: I thought about not changing my weight in my ticket:devil: But that would not only being cheating you guys it would be cheating me too!!! So today I am at 154.4lbs.

I did not have your weight from last month in the chart, but recorded your loss from the ticker. So it looks like you maintained since last month (Like me :) ) - is this correct? let me know if I need to change the chart.