[CLOSED GROUP] 36 Pounds Challenge - Welcome!

Options
12346»

Replies

• Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    According to my progress report that looks about right. I really feel like I lost weight this month but maybe it was just inches. I had to buy a new belt cause I had already punch two extra holes in it an needed it tighter:bigsmile: Will you post another link to the chart please. For some reason the old one isn't connecting. I don't know if its just me or not but if you could post it that would be awesome!
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    Here is the updated chart:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AnZyjQx9RLtvdGtHeVBiUUc0bEhoWlNpU25oRWxXMXc&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Let me know if there are issues with opening it.

The winners of the month of September are:

amomii
    mikeyken
    MissKahli

Congratulations!!! Can you please send out your exercise to me via mail or post it right here.

We have 4 people who are below the 4.5 pound mark and will need to do the exercises every week - I am included this time :) Don't be too hard on us, each exercise should be less than 20 minutes and something everyone can do at home.

2 people dropped out, and I have not heard from 7 participants, so not sure if they dropped out, or will still report their weight. Either way, we will continue, we still have 7 people who are actively participating.

Total weight loss this month is 32.6 pounds. That is A LOT LESS THAN LAST MONTH (where we had over 80 pounds together), but then again looks like we are less than half people reporting in.... so as a group we are still doing well!

Let's continue with full power, so that we all can reach our 36 pound goal by April 1st 2013! Some of you are already half way there :)
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I can open the page but it won't let me update it :(
  • amomii
    amomii Posts: 5
    Options
    This is some of the exercises I did last month. I suggest these for those who did not meet the challenge or as someone suggested last month 20 mountain climbers. They kicked my butt.

Warm Up/Prep
    5 minutes

Circuit 1
    1 ) Modified Push-up
    3 sets of 15
    A modified version of the regular push-up. This one still forces you to use your core muscles.
    2 ) Squats
    3 sets of 15
    This basic move emphasizes strengthening your quads and glutes.
    3 ) Jumping Jacks
    3 sets of 1
    1 minutes
    This is an excellent form of cardio that you can perform anywhere.

Circuit 2
    1 ) Dumbbell Chest Fly
    3 sets of 15
    Grab some dumbbells and perk up your pecs!
    2 ) Sumo Squat
    3 sets of 15
    This squat modification places a greater emphasis on the inner and outer thighs.
    3 ) Jumping Rope
    3 sets of 1
    1 minutes
    This is an outstanding form of cardio in terms of calorie burning and toning quads, hamstrings, and calves.

Circuit 3
    1 ) Bench Dip
    3 sets of 15
    Use a chair or a bench, and your own body weight, to work your triceps.
    2 ) Anterior Shoulder Raise
    3 sets of 15
    The anterior shoulder raise targets the front of your shoulders.
    3 ) Jumping Jacks
    3 sets of 1
    1 minutes

Circuit 4
    1 ) Lateral Shoulder Raises
    3 sets of 15
    This move helps get rid of sloping shoulders and builds muscle so that your arms look smaller.
    2 ) Basic Crunch
    3 sets of 15
    Isolate those abs! As the name suggests, this is one of the most basic of all of the crunches.
    3 ) Jumping Rope
    3 sets of 1
    1 minutes
    This is an outstanding form of cardio in terms of calorie burning and toning quads, hamstrings, and calves.

Circuit 5
    1 ) Dumbbell Triceps Extension
    3 sets of 15
    By lowering and raising the dumbbells behind the head, this exercise creates definition in the back of your arms.
    2 ) Scissors
    3 sets of 15
    Two for the price of one! Scissors work the lower abs as well as inner thighs.
    3 ) Jumping Jacks
    3 sets of 1
    1 minutes

Cool Down
    5 minutes
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Sounds great Amomii! What are Mountain Climbers though? To be honest I didn't do the workouts last month and it really showed so I want to make sure I do them this time.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Hey, I'm starting to lose this thread! Is anyone still here? Tuesday is weigh-in. How are you all feeling? I can't remember what I weighed at the beginning last month but I know I'm 3 weeks into another challenge and I'm down 3lbs for that one so I could be close to the monthly goal... Pretty exciting!
  • amomii
    Options
    Still here just not a big poster.
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I still following along and I am down 3 lbs for the month:tongue: