August Walking Challenge - Don't sweat it!

Options

Replies

• licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I did 60 minutes yesterday :)

I was just wondering if everyone counts all the little walks like 10 minutes to the shop etc or if you just count the 'purposeful' I'm-going-for-a-walk walks?

I seem to pop out here and there but don't know if I should count them too.

I don't count the 10 minutes here and there of my daily day. I only count it, if I walked extra, I don't count my other exercise either, like yoga and biking. But I guess it's your choice.
  • xnissax
    xnissax Posts: 40
    Options
    I did 40 minutes today.

I was worried I'd not make my target but it's been easier then I thought so far.

I've decided I'm going to count anything over 10 minutes continuous walking so the quick trip to the school, shop or nursery won't be added. I want the more mind full decisions to walk to count.
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Another 30 down
  • big_beautiful
    Options
    going to do 4 miles today lol wish me luck
  • tobybear
    tobybear Posts: 109
    Options
    Went shopping over an hour, nice walk.
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I got in 7.4 miles over the past 2 days, hoping to keep this pace going all month!
  • sunsetveinsxo
    Options
    I'm late on starting this out! but I'm excited to start!
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    30 minutes of walking with my dogs on our 85 acres land. It's beautiful out there. Then got back home and did 45 minutes of yoga with my 12 year old son. I haven't done yoga in years, felt great. :smile:
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    Last week was rough as I was dealing with a foot injury, but I think *hope* it's healed up finally. Ran w7/d1 of C25K this morning so will soon see if the foot is truly ok. I am excited that I improved my distance for the 25min - last run 10 days ago was 1.8mile, this morning I managed 1.9mile. If my foot doesn't act up, I plan on getting the dog out for a long walk later, and probably a Leslie Sansone dvd today too. Gotta get my walking minutes racked up!!
  • amie031182
    amie031182 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This weekend I walked 4 miles in 60 minutes! I was so proud and am so motivated to continue. I know I can't walk every day for 60 minutes, but my goal is to walk a mile in under 15 minutes, and up my exercise to 4 days a week!

Now, I just need to figure out how to update my ticker....
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    6 miles today
  • Karen_need_2lose
    Options
    I am a few days late but I am in.
  • xnissax
    xnissax Posts: 40
    Options
    20 minutes today but I may be back with more in a while if I get everything done in time :)
  • blueberrypancakes
    Options
    August 7: 20 minutes
    August 8: 0 minutes :(
  • tobybear
    tobybear Posts: 109
    Options
    20 minutes on my gazelle.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    70 minutes today: 35 minutes C25K w7/d1; and another 35 minutes walking the dog.
  • kls79
    kls79 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join in :)
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    2.5 miles today - Up to 16.5 for August. not where I want to be, but need to get my butt in gear and get my walking in!
  • GrandmaJody
    GrandmaJody Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this even though I am a little late, no time like the present! :)
  • Cher3940
    Cher3940 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm a bit late in the game - so here's my stats for August so far...

August 8: 3.89 km (PM)
    August 4: 3.35 km (AM)
    August 3: 3.94 km (AM) + 3.63 km (PM)
    August 2: 3.28 km (AM)
    August 1: 5.08 km (AM) + 2.64 km (PM)

It's a bit late in the night, I'll try with the tickers another day :)