[CLOSED GROUP] TEAM CURVETTES - AUGUST CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• wrgawife
    wrgawife Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies I name is Theron and Iing in the Peach State. I am super duper excited to be on this journey with so many wonderful ladies. I have been the same size clothes wise and after my 1st child have been weighing in betwen 202 and 212 I used to think the scale was lieing when it read 220 I was like no way But i i am glad to say i am down to 213 and have a ways to go. My ulimate goal is to get down to 150 i will be so happy to get down to 190 I want to be in my size 12 pants by the end of AUG . Let's go
    TEAM CURVETTES!!!!
  • wrgawife
    wrgawife Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ok Team Curvettes
    here is the way to get it into your signature

TheCurvettes_logo.png
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Just testing to see if I did the logo right.

And nope it's still not working for me what the heck gives!
  • JRena225
    JRena225 Posts: 373
    Options
    aaawww boo boo finally got it lol

good job
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    Hey team! I'm LaDonna. I joined MFP on May 17, the day my doctor told me my blood pressure was high and that I was in an unhealthy BMI range. I log my food everyday but I don't exercise daily. Honestly, I joined a 30day shred group and a C25K group and quit both of 'em after 4th of July. I need this challenge to jumpstart my exercise commitment so I can reach my goals. Let's do this!!!
  • CavewomanCoby
    CavewomanCoby Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    EXCITING! Let's see if this logo thing works...

TheCurvettes_logo.png[img][/img]
  • llkeefe
    llkeefe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hola! I my name is Linda! I'm a 33 year old stay at home mom to four kids. My highest weight was 267 (YIKES! I've never told anyone) and I'm down 28 pounds. I used to be in shape and now I'm shaped like a 2 liter.Most of my life I have tried to make others happy and do what they want. Those days are over! I'm learning to make myself a priority and to do things that make me a better me. I'm looking forward to this challenge to motivate me and to help motivate others!
  • MsLadyVirgo
    MsLadyVirgo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Nikki_GodzPrincess
    Options
    Welcome to my fellow Curvettes. If I did not add you please be sure to add me and let me know you are a curvette. I am super excited to get this party rollin and motivate and encourage you all. YAY Curvettes lets kick some BOOTAY!!!!!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Options
    WooHoo Say then Nikki I can't wait to get started this is going to be a great challenge!
  • JRena225
    Options
    I should have some information tonight regarding our first steps.

We will need to weigh in Sunday and also post realistic goals for the month of August...
  • upinthecosmos
    upinthecosmos Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'll be out of town this weekend but back sometime Sunday so I'll be sure to check in then to see the plan, I can't wait!
  • JRena225
    Options
    I'll be out of town this weekend but back sometime Sunday so I'll be sure to check in then to see the plan, I can't wait!

yes please do....
  • Sasha_Bear
    Options
    Jaime send me a text when you post the info so I can remember, you know my mind ain't what it use to be! LOL
  • JRena225
    Options
    AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 1

This is the week one team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine.
    This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact me and I will search for some new ideas.

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days, the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks*(see below)

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (extra)

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches*

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs *
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts?v=bkD9LwDBWW0&feature=pyv&ad=7237549087&kw=exercise

The very first part of this exercise is the up and downs. They may be modified by simply starting on all 4's and then standing up quickly and returning to this position to all 4's. This is a cardio exercise! Don't be freaked out but all he is doing just do the first part and modify if needed.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Pushups *

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges*
    http://youtu.be/vcIXrvuwcok

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
    as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each of us.
    Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.

Week One Weekly Team Challenge

Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over
    their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days
    your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions

And I just want to say, we all need to be honest with ourselves and each other. If you didn't do the exercises or whatever the case may be, be honest and let us know. We are all here to motivate each other, yes it's a competition but at the end of the day, we are doing this to lose weight. So you have 20 other people that are behind you 100%!!!
  • brightycc
    brightycc Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm excited to start!
    I have a question though. On day 4, what are up and downs?
  • JRena225
    Options
    I'm excited to start!
    I have a question though. On day 4, what are up and downs?

i just added some you tube videos.....the up and downs are basically what the football players do but watch the video and it's the first part of the exercise the guy does....and you don't have to do the jump up part if you can't.....
  • JRena225
    Options
    Still need current weights from:

SASHA
    TONIA (HOTT)
    ABSOLUTELY
    ANDREA
    LADONNA
    LINDA
    TINE
    CHANTELL
    COBY
    TAMARA
    SHELLY (BRIGHT)

I will also send you an email....
  • TamTamLove88
    Options
    Still need current weights from:

SASHA
    TONIA (HOTT)
    ABSOLUTELY
    ANDREA
    LADONNA
    LINDA
    TINE
    CHANTELL
    COBY
    TAMARA
    SHELLY (BRIGHT)

I will also send you an email....

TAMARA: 225 (and I'm proud to say that now lol)
  • Shineonme06
    Shineonme06 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I got this!!! and yes Lets' be Honest with ourselves. We r here for u and each other; not against. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!