Strange baby names?

Options

Replies

• Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    I have friends from high school that named their daughter Kaylex.... I've never heard that name before...

If you want to talk starnge baby names, you should google "strange celebrity baby names." :P Apple... Rumor... Scout... Lets not forget about the Zappa family... Dweezil, and Moon Unit to name a few.

I forget where I heard this one.... Le-ya... pronouced La dash ya... Yup! You're pronouncing the "-" that's in the name....
  • dclove0912
    dclove0912 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    We named our son Damien because we liked the name, and we knew we'd get a good knee-jerk reaction out of people :P When they ask us, "Like in the Omen?" We say, "No, like the saint." LOL! Sometimes you just have to have a sense of humor when you name your kid. I do think that names like "Adolph" and "Lucifer" are a bit overboard....
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I once had principle whose name was D!ck Hare. I think his parents hated him.

I have 2 cousins whose names are River, and Lake. They are brothers.
  • piezoeyjune
    piezoeyjune Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I met someone named extrafine once, yes extra fine. Interestingly she wasn't, I guess people don't always grow to fit their names. oh and there is a movie star who's kids name is I am pretty sure pilot inspector.

I think thats the guy from "My name is Earl". The lead actor...

I dont have any weird names but just look to Hollywood theyre full of oddities...
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Mine! Starla. Well, not super strange, but unusual. I've only met two others in my 27 years
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    My uncle Jeff's kids are all something Jeffrey. Tyson Jeffrey, Jarod Jeffries, Ashton Jeffrey, Alec Jeffrey. Yeahhhh
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Celebrities...

Jason Lee has a son named Pilot Inspektor

That chick from 40 Days & 40 Nights (Shannyn Sossamon) named her kid Audio Science
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I met someone named extrafine once, yes extra fine. Interestingly she wasn't, I guess people don't always grow to fit their names. oh and there is a movie star who's kids name is I am pretty sure pilot inspector.

Pen Gillette named his little girl Moxy Crimefighter. I kind of love that one. :)

And, of course, Nicholas Cage named his son Kal El (Superman's Kryptonian name, for the non-geeks).
  • jillwaller
    jillwaller Posts: 82
    Options
    My friend's aunt is a pre-k teacher, and had a student named Pajamas.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I knew a girl who's name is Sherry Whiskey Coke...and her brother's name is Rye-an Coke (ryan)...I didn't believe them when they told me either lol...and my best man in my wedding is naming his first born son Torsten...I kept my opinion to myself...
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    that's Pilot Inspektor, with a "K"! :tongue: it's actor Jason Lee.
    And there is Moxie Crimefighter, born to Penn or Teller, I think.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Growing up I knew a girl by the name of Vodka

HAHA well she must have been the life of the party
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    One of my friends has a nephew named Jasper. A co-worker recently named their son Clyde. I realize these names aren't that "out there" but all I can think is poor kids. Thank goodness you can change your name when you grow up. I've always hated my first name and I plan to drop it when I get married.

What is wrong with those names? They are fine names...
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    So, this one is often regarded as an urban myth. I am here to tell you that, unfornately, it is not.

My stepmom works for Children's Services. One of the girls on her case load is named Sh*thead (and if you've heard the "urban myth" before, yes --- it is pronounced "Shi-theed").

Please tell me how THAT name was ever legally allowed. Poor girl. There's a reason children's services is involved.

(Coincidentally -- Police Officer that patrolled near my high school was named Richard Butt. He actually went by ****.)
    It's actually a pretty common Indian name, pronounced Shi-thay-yed, my friends husband saw it on the roll when he started as a teacher, yikes, I wouldn't know what to say!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Billie Joe Armstrong (lead singer of Green Day) named his son Jakob Danger Armstrong...so he can say "danger's my middle name" lol I think that's awesome
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure in Austria nad Germany it's illegal to name your kids Adolf or Hitler. I went to school with a family of kids, Duke, Duchess, Prince, and Rashaad....I'm not sure whether to be glad or sad for Rashaad that he got left out of the royal naming trend...

Then there was Cash Money (pronounce Cash Monet), then there's the urban legand of La-A (prounounced Ladasha, yeah, read the dash out loud lol) A friend of mine had a cousin name Female (pronounced like tamale), it was a hispanic relative who didn't understand the form where it said name-female, she thought they had named her daughter already or something? It was strange
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    oh my husband worked with a guy whos name was ahshoh...they called him (a*shole)
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    So, this one is often regarded as an urban myth. I am here to tell you that, unfornately, it is not.

My stepmom works for Children's Services. One of the girls on her case load is named Sh*thead (and if you've heard the "urban myth" before, yes --- it is pronounced "Shi-theed").

Please tell me how THAT name was ever legally allowed. Poor girl. There's a reason children's services is involved.

(Coincidentally -- Police Officer that patrolled near my high school was named Richard Butt. He actually went by ****.)
    It's actually a pretty common Indian name, pronounced Shi-thay-yed, my friends husband saw it on the roll when he started as a teacher, yikes, I wouldn't know what to say!

Didn't know that! I'll try to pretend like that's what this girl's mother intended.

(Poor husband! I wouldn't even try. Just ask them, lol.)
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Also had a college professor that was named Harry (not Harold) Weiner. It was rumored, but never confirmed, that he named his son Richard.
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I work at the airport and I hear and see some odd names. Just the other day this very posh English woman (i'm British) was shouting at her screaming little brat who was running around being obnoxious: "Huxley you come here, right this instant". My colleague and I just looked at each other. Huxley? The thing is there used to be a cartonn on in the 80's which was called Huxley Pig! Incidentally, she later told him that if he didn't behave she would tell his nanny!
    Another time a woman came through and she had twin boys. Their names were Calvin and Klein. Poor things.
    Get alot of people called names like Godspeed, Godswilling, those names are very popular in Nigeria. Just today my friend dealt with a lady called Beauty Smooth!
    I'm sure i'll remember some more later.