Strange baby names?

Options

Replies

• abcerc
    abcerc Posts: 58
    Options
    I have an uncle named Newborn. Really? That's the best you could do?? It's extremely silly now considering he's 79 years old. We just call him Bud. HA!
  • abcerc
    abcerc Posts: 58
    Options
    Oh.. I also know a lady named Ragina... and yes, it's sounds exactly like the "v" word. ;o)
  • laureneva15
    laureneva15 Posts: 280
    Options
    I wanna name my first son Zenthin (not sure if thats how I'll end up speling it tho)

Also my mum went to school with a "Dwanye Pipe" :noway:
  • HaniRyu
    HaniRyu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My oldest daughters name is Jasmine Elaine, her names pretty normal.
    When i had my second daughter i named her Dahlia Isabel. When ppl ask me what her name is i tell them its Dahlia and they just stare at me and ask,"Like the Black Dahlia?" I just smile and say,"No, like the flower."
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    (Interesting side note - there was a point where the girl's last name was father's name + "dotter" (think daughter, not one who dots, lol) ... like Larsdotter ... )

This is how names are given in Iceland. So a girl named Elle, whose fathers name was John would be Elle Johnsdottir; her brother Erik would be Erik Johnsson.

Also -- I grew up with a friend named Merry Christmas (yes, spelled that way!)

And my nephews' names are Aloysius and Podo-Tiberius.

I gave my kids boring names, but at least people don't mess them up!!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    (Interesting side note - there was a point where the girl's last name was father's name + "dotter" (think daughter, not one who dots, lol) ... like Larsdotter ... )

This is how names are given in Iceland. So a girl named Elle, whose fathers name was John would be Elle Johnsdottir; her brother Erik would be Erik Johnsson.

Also -- I grew up with a friend named Merry Christmas (yes, spelled that way!)

And my nephews' names are Aloysius and Podo-Tiberius.

I gave my kids boring names, but at least people don't mess them up!!

Podo-Tiberius. wow. I have a cousin named Aloysius and my sister-in-law chose very unique names for her kids:

boy - Laren (her maiden name)
    boy - Tallin (for the capital of Estonia, minus an 'n')
    girl - Xanathea (for the poem Xanadu - Kubla Khan--not the movie)
    girl - Esti (for the country of Estonia -- Estonians call it Eesti)
  • leonardk09
    leonardk09 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I want to name my future son Sailor, but my boyfriend keeps objecting to it -______- He is such a boob.
  • asunshinec
    asunshinec Posts: 74
    Options
    I went to elementary school with a boy named Sandy Beach. And in high school, there were twin girls named Burgundy and Brandy.

My boyfriend wanted to name our son Angus, but I hated the thought of him being teased later in life (beef, cow, etc.) if he inherited my family's "thick" genes... hehehe So we went with Gavin. =)
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Well - I have never met another Jessamin Annabella before. My brother is Lukas Rebel. My Mom was good at finding names that aren't too common but not MONSTROUSLY odd.

I want to do the same with my kids. If all goes well, a girl will be named Shiloh and a boy, Indie.

I forgot: I used to go to school with a boy named Sandy Foote. I believe he changed it.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Well my friend named her son Kerzon. they call him dax.

i went to school with a Raymond Wrey.

and my father used to work with a man named Richard Ripper
  • AJay513
    AJay513 Posts: 187
    Options
    My bf works for a big insurance company and he was talking to one woman, her name as it appeared in his records was

"La-ah"

When he called he proceeded to say, "Hello Ms. La-ah...."

She corrected him....

"Excuse me, it's Ladashah"
    Yes, LA-DASH-AH
    the - is meant to be DASH

Ooh i got a kick outta that one!
  • cpanzeri
    cpanzeri Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I must confer on the "Sh*thead" name at my husband's school there was a girl by that name. I heard of that by a substitute and i thought he was lying, but unfortunately not! Also there were 2 brothers, one named Lemonjello an the other Orangejello. Very strange! I also knew a family with the last name Bush, their son's name was Thorn and thei daughter Ima Rose. My sister's friend in high school name was Candy Barr. And when I was a waitress there was an old guy who would come in for coffee every day, his name was Bud Weiser. However, the one I am most close to is my step dad, his name was Kermit!!
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My son went to school with a girl named Liberti Apollonia. Her sisters name was Lioness, I don't remember her middle name.
  • saadler
    saadler Posts: 116
    Options
    A kid at my school (though I've never met him) is named Achilles Inca Striker. I think it's probably the most awesome name ever.
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    At my old practice I had a patient by the name of La-A....it was pronounced "LaDASHa".......seriously.

Another patient's name was nevaeh....heaven spelled backwards. I always thought backwards heaven would be hell, but what do I know?
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    WOW I am shocked at the amount of La-a (LA-DASH-A), Lemonjello, and Orangejello names in this topic... Also all the SHI*HEAD's. What the heck?! Why are these names so popular???
  • mjtbb
    mjtbb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My Sister in law had two neighbor boys with odd names. One was named "Endurance" because he was a hard labor when born so the mom decided to name him about how she had to endure. Then by the time she had the other boy she had decided to change her life around so she named him "One twenty". I guess she didn't quite know that a complete change is supposed to be 180. Her change was not quite complete ... Considering they had to leave after "problems" arised, it makes sense ;-)
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    My church is a school. And years back when i would help me dad clean the rooms i saw a lot of weird names on the tables.

Bonquiqui
    Jordaven
    Eliasent
    Mortagan
    Britasha
    Copper

I cant even pronounce half of those. I dont even know if those can be pronounced....i like different names but those...are odd.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    My church is a school. And years back when i would help me dad clean the rooms i saw a lot of weird names on the tables.

Bonquiqui
    Jordaven
    Eliasent
    Mortagan
    Britasha
    Copper

I cant even pronounce half of those. I dont even know if those can be pronounced....i like different names but those...are odd.

Britasha is my new fave. Although I think I would spell it Bra' tasha. :laugh:
  • amberlineilene
    Options
    Radiowave Taylor