Strange baby names?

Options

Replies

• boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    My nephews name is Roxton. Cant say that im a fan. I dont know why. :ohwell:

My sons name is Jacob and I think its boring. He looks like a Troy to me. My husband wanted to give him that name. I also wanted Joaquin (pronounced wah-keen not jo-kwan)
  • JodieLBradbury
    JodieLBradbury Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My brother went to school with a girl named Holly, not weird but her last name was Wood haha
  • PowerEqualsStrengthOverTime
    Options
    ha ha these are all funny! My cousin named his son Rocket. They are tatted up musicians so it actually kind of works. Speaking of names, I won't tell you crazy internet ppl what my name is but I will tell you that I share the same name as my father, brother, grandfather and greatgrandfather....then I went and married my husband who also shares the same name as me...and his father, grandfather and greatgrandfather. We have absolutely NO plans of keeping with tradition ;)

Wow!! That is crazy!
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    my cousin went to school with a girl named Rainey Day.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I cant stand guys that have girl names like...

STACY

sucks for them

A lot of those names were originally guy's names: Kelly, Ashley, Lesley, Beverly, and (I think) Stacey. Of course, we're talking in the 1800's, but they went through the same transition as Jordan, Taylor, etc are going through now.

Still hard on a guy these days to have one of those names, though.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    I work with someone whose name is "Welcome". She states its her mothers name, her mother's mom and so on...been in the family a while.:huh:
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Well my name is Laurel (which I do like), but it is a rare occasion for people to get it right. I hear Laurie, Lauren, Laura.

To make it worse, once I married my husband, my last name became Laren.

Yup, Laurel Laren. (no 'u' in that last name, folks). Almost EVERYONE calls me Lauren (which is neither of my names, thankyouverymuch). I do a lot of correcting. :ohwell:

I am also a professional belly dancer, and I do not use a stage name, but the owner of the restaurant where I dance used to introduce me always as "Laura" (he pronounced it "Lah-oo-rah" -- he's Greek, whatever), but eventually he decided that "Lola" is better for me. He even wrote it down so I could see how it's "better". Um . . . gee thanks, I'll let my parents know, I'm sure they'll be grateful.
  • squishyjenn
    squishyjenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I named my son Rowan Aurelius..... I like it! It flows well with his last name. If I ever have another baby I plan on naming a girl Lily Sophia and a boy Sterling but I have no idea what middle name I'll give him.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    Options
    I named my son Rowan Aurelius..... I like it! It flows well with his last name. If I ever have another baby I plan on naming a girl Lily Sophia and a boy Sterling but I have no idea what middle name I'll give him.

My step son's middle name is Sterling. Grant Sterling is his name. Looks just like his father too. UGH! lol jk
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    My dogs name is Lilly, one of my favorite names and she came with the name! I also love the name Sophia but Teen Mom kind of ruined that for. I read Bentley is not one of the most popular names becasue of that show.
  • kmorgan19
    kmorgan19 Posts: 3
    Options
    My son's name is going to be Copas. It is the last name of my grandfather. A lot of people who didn't know him think the name is strange but to me it is second nature. My grandfather was a coach and whenever I was little that was all anyone called him when I was around. I also just found out that my mom was called Copas (seeing as that was her last name as well) all through college. I am glad to be naming our son that unusual name.
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I like weird names... My children are going to have really eclectic names! I'm a big fan of these names:

Tea (girl) pronounced Tay-a
    Finnigan (boy) - I realize this is not a totally weird name, but kind of a rare name. Nickname would be Finn.
    Anders (boy) - popular Scandinavian name, but not popular in the US.
    Bine (girl) - another Scandinavian name. Pronounced 'bean'.
    River (boy or girl)
    Freja (girl) - Scandinavian name.
    Gunnar (boy) - Scandinavian name.
    Hanne (girl) - pronounced Hanna.
    Harbor (girl or boy)

I knew a Freja! It's the name of a goddess I think, this child was an evil shedevil. I also knew a Forrest, but he went by Fritz
  • SemperAnticus1643
    Options
    I have highly disliked the name Neveah cause of 16 and pregnant. Didn't realize that name was so common until I heard it on there. I bet the show Teen Mom has ruined a lot of names.
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I love different names! My daughters are named Raven and Valora. I wanted to name one of them Oncidium (but that was a little to out there for the husband lol) but if we had a boy I would have loved Lucifer or Malikai as a name.
    my youngest is also called Raven and her middle name is Ophelia.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    my husband went to school with a girl named onya johnson ( i think her parents probably didnt like her much )

i like unusual names my daughters name is kennedy ( i didnt know any other girls with that name til i had her )

i have a son named Maliki ( which i later have been told is a very bad childs name in something called children of the corn or something )

and my youngest son is Kaegan ( pronounced kay gun ) we were informed after he was born that that is the name of a head vampire in some movie. lol
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    My brother's first wife was Kandy Kane --last name. I once prepared tax returns for a Jammy James and a Formika Dinnette---last name.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I like weird names... My children are going to have really eclectic names! I'm a big fan of these names:

Tea (girl) pronounced Tay-a
    Finnigan (boy) - I realize this is not a totally weird name, but kind of a rare name. Nickname would be Finn.
    Anders (boy) - popular Scandinavian name, but not popular in the US.
    Bine (girl) - another Scandinavian name. Pronounced 'bean'.
    River (boy or girl)
    Freja (girl) - Scandinavian name.
    Gunnar (boy) - Scandinavian name.
    Hanne (girl) - pronounced Hanna.
    Harbor (girl or boy)

I knew a Freja! It's the name of a goddess I think, this child was an evil shedevil. I also knew a Forrest, but he went by Fritz

Freya/Freja is the Norse Goddess of beauty, love, and war. She's pretty awesome! (I had a Great Pyrenees named Freya. She was beautiful!)
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Oh I do know someone named Cash....

Cash Berry.

My nephew's name is Cash :heart:
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

My step son's middle name is Sterling. Grant Sterling is his name. Looks just like his father too. UGH! lol jk

I love the name Sterling! I always thought if I had another boy, his name would be Sterling Michael. I like the name Apollos as well.
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Only one thought comes to me....Jermaine Jackson. He named his son Jermadjesty and Jaafar. Actually all their family cause Michael's kids are named Blanket and Prince which is really odd...

Although I can't say much because I want to name my daughter (future daughter that is) Serenity.