Please stop "Banning" foods... It's killing my will to live.

Options

Replies

• judif63
    judif63 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree. Eat what you like. LEARN to eat better period, around the things you like but shouldn't have all the time. Moderation is key. :)
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    mmmm creme cheese browniessssss
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I am pretty good about eating junk but maintaining my calories goal for the day. I don't do it everyday but maybe a couple times a week. I know I would probably be losing more but this is just the easiest way for me to stay on track. Eat what I want but work out and stay within my goal.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Ha.. I say just do what you want and if your happy and losing weight than awesome!!! :tongue:
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Why would it matter if someone was on the Atkins diet and you weren't? Just eat what you like--if moderation works for you then great. For others, it might not...You don't haveta look at their food diaries!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I, for example, had to give up ice cream
    MORE FOR MEEEEEEEE!!!!!

oh wait, I'm one of those drastic cases you hate so much...
    *wink*
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    I'm not suggesting avoiding trigger foods. Absolutely give up things that are a problem for you. I, for example, had to give up ice cream b/c I've become hideously lactose intolerant *LOL*

Fair enough. But dammit now I'm thinking about bacon. Dipped in maple syrup. drooooooool.
  • camille97
    camille97 Posts: 91
    Options
    Well... I have banned butter, as crazy as that sounds... The calories in one tablespoon scare me. I had some with toast today though, so I guess that goes in moderation!
    And yeah you can't just 'go' vegetarian. Sooner or later you'll see that piece of bacon and snatch it up faster than you can say "diet".
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could ever eliminate bacon or pizza. Actually I don’t eliminate anything, if I wanted I try and make it fit in my calories and macros.

And what about bacon on pizza?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I both agree and disagree. I think everyone should eat healthy. I don't care if they think they should or not, I think they should. And that does mean limiting certain foods like bacon. Not that you should never eat bacon. But I don't think that eating what you always ate, just less of it is a good idea. UNLESS what you were already eating was healthy. You are free to do it, and you can certainly lose weight that way. But I still think everyone should just learn to like healthy foods and eat the rest sparingly as occasional treats.

Except for wine.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    One thing I had that I had a hard time stopping eating was chicken wings...they are so damned yummy and don't fill you up a ton...so it's hard to throw in the towel when you should ;) lol
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Did someone say "bacon"? mmmmmmmmm baconnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!! I can smell it now! :bigsmile:

I can smell it too..... Someone at work is eating it..... ohh.... evil..... jk lol
  • orleansmith
    orleansmith Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....maybe I should try that bacon wrapped cupcake my husband keeps begging me to make....

You should ... bacon maple donuts from Voodoo. Oh how I miss you, Portland!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I love this! I definitely eat for the most part what I want but do it in moderation. If it's something like McDonald's where I find the food digusting in general, and i'm still wanting it; I get it. NO BIG DEAL to anyone but myself so long as I hold myself accountable for it and log it. Thankfully I don't want that crap often lol.
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    I don't think I could ever eliminate bacon or pizza. Actually I don’t eliminate anything, if I wanted I try and make it fit in my calories and macros.

And what about bacon on pizza?

Haha… I am actually going out for pizza tonight. BBQ chicken pizza with bacon to be exact.
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that so many people are choosing to "ban" certain foods from their diets to lose weight... Carbs, Cheese, Pizza, Meat, Chocolate, Ice Cream, Goat, etc. It just bugs me. Eat what you like to eat. Eat it in moderation. Smaller portions. More exercise. Less often... whatever, but eat it. Count your calories for it, move on, and continue living life the way you enjoy.

If you can be satisfied with a similar healthier option - such as whole grain pasta vs refined bleached white pasta - by all means, eat the healthier of the two! I'm not suggesting you don't make healthy choices and changes in your food choices. But "limiting" yourself, uprooting your entire lifestyle overnight, etc. is unlikely to be a life-long healthy solution.

I see so many people say "I am going vegetarian" or something as a dieting tactic, yet they dam* well know they love bacon. Just... knock it off. Please. Eat a piece of bacon already.

I totally agree. When I want fries I go and get a medium fry at McDonalds (yes the mecca of all evil), when I want pizza I eat Papa Johns. I log it, make sure to work out enough to earn it. Stay under calories. AND I am losing weight. And before people b** at me, I meet all my nutrition so don't say that I am not getting what I need.
  • kathywoo10
    kathywoo10 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    It doesn't make sense to "ban" certain foods to lose weight because this is about more than just losing weight; it is about changing your relationship with food. If you never work to get to a point where you can control yourself and eat in moderation, have your really changed your relationship with food? What is going to happen when you get to your goal weight? Are you going to continue to "ban" certain foods or try to eat them again? How will your be able to control yourself when you haven't been working at it/? What is going to happen when you HAVE TO go to that birthday party and the have that cake/chips/soda you love and haven't eaten is months? Temptation will ALWAYS be there, so learning to eat foods you love in moderation is an important component of this process.
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    I agree. Eat what you want in moderation. hey, I looked at the pacakge to turkey bacon that is supposed to be bettr for you. Have read the ingredients? There is more chemicals in turkey bacon than there is in regular bacon. Go figure. This website is keeping me going. Teraching me to eat better but I do not deprive myself of something I want. I do count it and I will excercise more.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    No meat Thursday?? *LOL* OK, I have obviously heard of no meat Lenten decisions, but not in honor of dear Thursday! That's just fun.
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Macaroni n Cheese.... like a whole pan of it. Baked with some bacon mixed in it and that crunchy breading topping. That would be good

Really, I didn't give up anything but regular sodas and several glasses of nonfat milk every night.