30DS starting August 1st...Anyone? :)

Options
beckyard
beckyard Posts: 107 Member
I just bought 30DS today and plan on starting Monday the 1st. My problem is being consistent. I'm fine when I'm doing it but as soon as I don't do it once, I'm done for a week or so lol. If anyone's up to starting the 1st with me that would be AWESOME!! I keep gaining losing the same 4 or 5 pounds and I'm ready for that to stop now. I will be take weights and measurements the morning of the 1st and record them every Monday til 30ds is up.

Are you up for the challenge? If so, come join me and post in on the 1st and lets keep each other going.

Replies

• Abbie_Thompson
    Abbie_Thompson Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What is 30DS
  • beckyard
    Options
    What is 30DS

It's the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred dvd. You can get it at Walmart or Target for around 10.00 or even Amazon for 6 or 7.
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    My plan is to alternate days of the shred and slim in 6. I just can't do the same workout dvd everyday so I think this might work for me. Have started and stopped the shred 3 times now the longest being 14 days in a row but like you, if I miss a day it turns into a week. Then I'm so angry at myself that it turns into 2 weeks until I get myself together. But, not this time. I am changing things up and hopefully I will stick to this plan as best as I can without being too hard on myself!!!
  • beckyard
    Options
    My plan is to alternate days of the shred and slim in 6. I just can't do the same workout dvd everyday so I think this might work for me. Have started and stopped the shred 3 times now the longest being 14 days in a row but like you, if I miss a day it turns into a week. Then I'm so angry at myself that it turns into 2 weeks until I get myself together. But, not this time. I am changing things up and hopefully I will stick to this plan as best as I can without being too hard on myself!!!

That's interesting. You know...I have SI6 also lol. Are you going to do every day or will have any rest days? I may do that with you (on the side) if I can't keep up with the 30ds. I haven't tried it before so I'm going to try to go as long as I can to start off and see how I do. I'm going to send a friend request :)
  • mommybear0922
    mommybear0922 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello, I think i will join u with starting 30DS on 8/1....I too have a big problen with being consistent. But my job is starting a "biggest loser" challenge starting 8/1-9/30, and i'm so pumped to try and win!....Hopefully that will keep me on track:-)
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Just bought the 30 day shred today!! I'm in and hoping to see some results before school starts!
    Add me if anyone wants btw. I'm fairly new here! My goal weight is 130 and right now I'm about 154.
  • Jesse13
    Jesse13 Posts: 72
    Options
    I'll join also. What should I post on the 1st of Aug.? Weight, and what else? How long will this be open for? I think it's best to keep it small so that we could truly support each other and hold each other to some accountability, what do you all think?

I have seen large groups and don't know or understand how people know what's going on with each person.
  • Heidi_Maggott
    Options
    Ok I am in! I bought it a while ago and started it but did not finish level 1 even! I am totally unfit, and have reached a plateau in my weightloss efforts , so definitely need this!
  • Heidi_Maggott
    Options
    I'll join also. What should I post on the 1st of Aug.? Weight, and what else? How long will this be open for? I think it's best to keep it small so that we could truly support each other and hold each other to some accountability, what do you all think?

I have seen large groups and don't know or understand how people know what's going on with each person.

I like the idea of a small group
  • MissConfidence
    Options

That's interesting. You know...I have SI6 also lol. Are you going to do every day or will have any rest days? I may do that with you (on the side) if I can't keep up with the 30ds. I haven't tried it before so I'm going to try to go as long as I can to start off and see how I do. I'm going to send a friend request :)

My plan is no rest days. august 1st I'm starting with the shred L1, aug 2nd slim L1 and the following week move on to L2 of both programs, doing L3 for two weeks. I figure because they are different workouts I am technically giving a my body a rest because I'm working different muscles.
  • beckyard
    Options

I like the idea of a small group

I also like the idea of a small group. I think i've dropped out of my last two challenges that were pretty big. 4 or 5 teams of 10 to 15 people each lol. I'm not making it a challenge though, just support. On Monday, i'm going to post my weight and also taking measurements. I'm probably going to post those as well so I can keep track of the progress. I'm only going to weigh on Mondays and not even look at the scale in between (my downfall lol). If you would just post your weight and what you're doing that would be great. If you are up for your measurements then go right ahead. I'm very excited :)
  • Jesse13
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan.
  • Abbie_Thompson
    Abbie_Thompson Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My work has a gym in the office and the fitness center has a bunch of DVD's. I believe they have the 30DS because I've heard some of the girls talking about it before. I'll start it on monday too! This is a great Idea!
  • Jesse13
    Options
    OK, today is the 1st. I will do level 1 this evening. My starting weight is 196lb. My mini goal is to drop 2lbs this week and get through level1. I'm aiming to workout everyday using 30ds. What are your goals?
  • fiveisenough
    Options
    I would like to join. I started the 30ds today, my starting weight is 204.0
  • beckyard
    Options
    Looks like there are about 8 or so of us altogether. So lets get it started. If anyone would like to add me as a friend for the challenge, I'm more than welcome to it. I did LVL 1 Day 1 this morning and I did pretty good. The major thing that was a little tough was the lunges (omgsh lol). How did everyone do today? Let's try to post each day we do it and try to keep everyone motivated to do it along with us.

My starting weight today, 8/1/11 (according to the wii fit) is 203. I haven't taken the measurements yet but I will tonight (or in the morning). and maybe check them each Monday. My goal this week will also to be to lose 2lbs and also do lvl 1 day 1 every day this week. So in a nut shell:

SW 203 ~ Aug 1
    Goal this week 2lbs and LVL 1 every day
  • mommybear0922
    mommybear0922 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey Girls! I'm gonna start 30day shred- level 1 day 1 tonight.

My starting weight is 196
    My goal for the week is 3 lbs.

Good luck everyone:flowerforyou:
  • beckyard
    Options
    Hey Girls! I'm gonna start 30day shred- level 1 day 1 tonight.

My starting weight is 196
    My goal for the week is 3 lbs.

Good luck everyone:flowerforyou:

Nice to have you and good luck :) have you ever done it before?
  • beckyard
    Options
    OK, today is the 1st. I will do level 1 this evening. My starting weight is 196lb. My mini goal is to drop 2lbs this week and get through level1. I'm aiming to workout everyday using 30ds. What are your goals?

Good luck this week. I'll be right there with you!
  • todaynow
    Options
    What is 30DS???