30DS starting August 1st...Anyone? :)

Options

Replies

• veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started it in May but was then out of state taking summer intensive law school classes and couldn't keep it up! I plan on doing each level for ten days, maybe the first level only a week if I can, but I don't know. After the thirty days I plan on alternating with other videos. Good luck everyone!

-- Hope it's not too late to join. My starting weight is 176. I have lost a total of about 36 pounds and would like to get down to about 160-155, a healthy weight for my height.
  • xxangelaxx
    xxangelaxx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Not sure which thread to post in now but this was the one at the top.

I'm done for today. It's been a while since I did any exercise so am jumping right in there with 30DS. I've never gotten past day 5 so that's my goal for the week. It was as hard as I remembered but I stretched well after so hopefully won't hurt as much as it did back then!

My starting weight is 210.
  • tlscali
    tlscali Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi beckyard!
    I used to do that dvd as a supplement when I couldn't get my butt to the gym. I liked it, but I got bored with it too. I even tried turning down the volume and putting my own music on. One thing that I did that I loved was download the nike training club app on my iphone. About the same amount of time to do the workouts but there are so many to choose from so you don't get bored...and it's free. Good luck whatever you do!
  • JessieAnneMarie
    Options
    Yes i will start today!!
  • beckyard
    beckyard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    What is 30DS???

30DS is the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd
  • tippietoes
    Options
    I'm a day late.. But count me in!
    I plan to either do 30DS or pilates everyday this month as my own personal challenge.

SW 72kg or 144p
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    D1L1 done!
  • beckyard
    Options
    I'm a day late.. But count me in!
    I plan to either do 30DS or pilates everyday this month as my own personal challenge.

SW 72kg or 144p

Very nice. What kind of pilates are you going to do? DVD or class?
  • Mrspoulos
    Options
    I'm in! Starting tonigt -- I'll take "before" photos before starting so I can journal additional photos at the 10 day, 20 day, and 30 day marks.
  • Jesse13
    Jesse13 Posts: 72
    Options
    I went to Walmart and purchased the 30 day shred with weights, it comes with Levels 1 and 2 for 30 minutes, is it the same thing? I don't I want to return since I want to start tonight, what y'all think?
  • Jesse13
    Options
    Taking before and after pictures is a great idea.
  • adventuring
    Options
    Planning to start tonight!
  • triciamarie
    triciamarie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to join? To be honest I did start this a few weeks ago, and my husbands work sched changed and it trew me for a loop so now i have to say screw it and just get up super early and DO IT!!! I did it this am and dont have much to lose(maybe 5-10 lbs) but i just want to be involved in a group and get some motivation from all of you :) I am not dieting hard core but have recently changed to a gluten free diet due to a new diagnosis of hashimotos, auto immune thyroid disorder. just looking to improve health and exercise a bit more :) will do pics in a few days and post in 10,20 30 like some others :) good luck ladies and gents!
    SW 121
    Goal just a little less jiggly
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Jesse - Sounds like you got "Shred It," and not 30 Day Shred, but no reason you can't start there!

Is there an easier way to post exercise?? I tried to post after doing L1 tonight, but looks like I have to go through and do each individual exercise?
  • Jesse13
    Options
    Hello Team,

Just finished my 3 mile slow walk and did my level 1 shred it, and not the 30 day shred (bought the wrong one)...I am sore already..Let's see how I feel tomorrow...
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Think I'm going to try it with level 1 tomorrow its has been months since I last shredded. I'm so ashamed. I was doing really well in Jan/Feb with it slowly started missing days in March and was having a hard time getting back in the habit. My knee has been bothering me for a couple weeks. Arthritis type stuff I have a fluid cyst very similar to what I have been getting in my wrists for years now. ARGH! I need to get the inflammation down.

Jumping jacks will be modified to start off. I KNOW I can do them at this weight(as she states in the video) I did before and kept up with the pace after a week and half or so but I don't want a major injury should this knee be more than "arthritis".

I was alternating days previously but want to try 5-6 days a week with it.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I went to Walmart and purchased the 30 day shred with weights, it comes with Levels 1 and 2 for 30 minutes, is it the same thing? I don't I want to return since I want to start tonight, what y'all think?

Hmm mine has levels 1-3 at 20ish minutes length.
  • mommybear0922
    mommybear0922 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey Girls! I'm gonna start 30day shred- level 1 day 1 tonight.

My starting weight is 196
    My goal for the week is 3 lbs.

Good luck everyone:flowerforyou:

Nice to have you and good luck :) have you ever done it before?

I have, but only the 1st level!
  • beckyard
    Options
    Yesterday I felt good after my workout...today I am sore lol. Hopefully I'll make it through the workout tonight. Guess I need to make sure I stretch lol. Good luck to all tonight
  • flrnr11
    flrnr11 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here and would like to join this challenge, I am also new to MFP so I hope I am replying to the correct place.