Team 20... Team Persistent Determination (closed group)

Options

Replies

• SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Ok, the treadmill is H A R D. I dislike it, and tonight proved why. Though it was 110 outside, I managed to pull off a mile going 3.5 and a 5% incline. Yuck! I then ran for another 0.30 miles just to prove to myself that I could. I still disliked it. Running is going to take some getting used to.

GOOOO TEAM PERSISTENT DETERMINATION!!! I'm so glad to be on this team and around all these wonderful people! You all rock and I'm so proud of each of you!!!
  • wilsonshome
    Options
    One more thought about the heat in TX right now. I walked today, as I do most days. Yes it's hot, yes you sweat, but if you keep your water intake up, put your sunscreen on, walk where there's occasional tree shade and there's a small breeze it's not so bad. The shower and icy water afterwards is sooo good.
  • psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options
    OK, here it is ladies... our first week we will not be getting our log food +water bonus.... :brokenheart:

This does NOT mean that we shouldn't continue taking care of business! (WE ABSOLUTELY WILL!!!! (cracking bullwhip here!!!:mad: ):wink: ) but...

What that means is that we need to try our best to keep up the points in the exercise category and the weight loss category. Our continued logging under and 64+ of water :drinker: a day will assist in this!

As a group we need to encourage each other to do our best! We need to be about encouragement and support!!! (NO Stinking Thinking!!!):frown:

Gotta go finish my day as well!!!!

~Sonia

Aww. But I agree, we still should stick w/ out calorie goals.
    What's the point basis for the 1st week, though?
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options

As to when the challenge exercises need be done...

There are six exercises to be done in six days.... so there is a little wiggle room as far as "oppsies" go! You can rearrange as needed to fit your schedule just please let me know what you are doing so I don't get all freaked out on ya! :sad: :devil: :explode: :mad: ..... :wink:

On that same line... If starting on Mondays doesn't work, or you will be entirely out of touch for a day... let me know as soon as you can, this challenge is logged for 6 days of the week. I would just need to know so I can let Gary know when to expect our weekly total.

Speaking of weekly totals... here is the skinny on how points rack up...

1 point per pound lost
    1 point per day per person for exercise challenge
    5 points for the team if ALL of us complete ALL 6 exercise challenges for the week
    5 points for the team if ALL of us log under our calories and drink 64+ oz (this weeks daily team goal) for the 6 days

This may change as people drop out (the 1 point per day per person for exercise challenge specifically)
    but as of now, this is accurate.

Psychofied ~ This is the way the points are done.
  • sonybalony
    Options
    I did my mile.... :frown: actually did more than a mile....:indifferent: and of that I ran for 8/10 of a mile!!! :sad: In one minute increments!:laugh: When the inhaler stopped working...:embarassed: so did I!!!:ohwell:

Everyone have an excellent night!!!

~Sonia

Don't forget to message me your day 2 results!!!! :heart:
  • sonybalony
    Options
    DAY 3 EXERCISE

situps-1-1-1.jpg
  • CookieGem
    CookieGem Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love sit ups (i know im strange).

Lets have a great day No 3 peeps x
  • psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options
    Done with Day 3 challenge. 8)
  • cshore54
    cshore54 Posts: 70
    Options
    Looks like we are off to a terrific start for day 3! My water is in and 50 sit ups are done too. I couln't do them all at once, so just did 10 at a time. Wasn't so sure I could do even one. Who knows, by the end of the month I may be able to do 25 at a time. One can hope.

I hoe you all find success and happiness in this wonderful day.

Chris
  • sonybalony
    Options
    Good Mooooooooooooooorning TEAM PERSISTENT DETERMINATION!!!!!:yawn: ---->:drinker: ---->:bigsmile:

Today we already have 2 teammates who have completed their exercise challenge for the day!!! Go psychofied :flowerforyou: and cshore54:flowerforyou: !!!! 50 situp/crunches down!!!! wooooooo~wwhoooooo!!!!:bigsmile:

We have 1 teammate who only has 1 more water to drink:drinker: to be able to report not only under on food (which she already did!) but also 64+ oz water!!!! :bigsmile:

Now onto the business at hand... Although, while I was in the Army, I dreamed of being a Drill Instructor:glasses: , I'd rather not do it here... (DI's tend to either be loved:love: or HATED!!!:explode: ):wink:

I have 6... yes that is a 6... teammates who have not given me their food/water status for YESTERDAY!!! I would rather have that info, even if you didn't make it, and be able to encourage you:flowerforyou: to do better for YOURSELF than just think you don't want to participate!!!:sad: (AND Please please please people, if it says you have 7 cups drank, please please please get that last 1 in!!!:drinker: And you CAN eat your exercise calories, just remember to keep your TOTAL calories under the full allocation!)

I have 5 teammates that did not REPORT doing the mile. (If I can do it... anybody can!!!) btw, if there is a problem with a particular exercise let me know, there are alternatives out there! (ie if you have a arm cast on, it would be hard to do pushups!!!:noway: )

We did have teammates that either did not get their water drank, or did not log under on their food. (I am asking Gary about subbing Sunday for a messed up day, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet)

I know this is hard ladies.... but we ALL signed up for it, to support each other and to better ourselves!!! This is where that Persistence and Determination come in!!! Commitment and Dedication may not be part of the team name but they are integral parts of being on a team!!! We all need encouragement! :flowerforyou: It is hard to do this on your own, that is what the TEAM is for!!!!:flowerforyou:

On the other hand:bigsmile:, I have 15 TEAMMATES (not necessarily on BOTH lists :sad: ) that logged, reported and exercised their butts off yesterday!!! :bigsmile:

I am already emotionally invested in all of you:flowerforyou: ... I am sure many of you are invested as well! :heart: Please, lets all make that investment pay off!!!:smooched:

With Friendship and Warmth from Missouri!!!

~ Sonia (I will be writing my final exam answers and finishing final papers today, so I will only be on sporadically, please be patient if you message me):flowerforyou:

GO TEAM PERSISTENT DETERMINATION!!!
    53869-1-1.gif
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    Just to make sure you have my info for yesterday: I did the 1 mile, was under calories, and drank 9 (8oz) glasses of water :happy:

I have already completed the 50 crunches challenge for today :wink:

LET'S GO TEAM DETERMINATION!!!
  • sonybalony
    Options
    Hi TEAM!!!!

Several of our teammates are having trouble getting 64+ ounces:drinker: in during the day... what are your suggestions? :drinker: what has worked for you? :drinker: let's get some ideas going!!!:drinker:

To paraphrase what other team captains said recently. If you need me to, I'll send you some toilet paper! :blushing: if you feel like you are gonna float away... grab a water bottle, drink up and use it to stay above water!:laugh: And if your eyeballs are floating... shed a few tears!!!! :sad: lol

We'll get this together as a TEAM!!

You guys are AWESOME!!!!

:flowerforyou: , ~Sonia
  • sonybalony
    Options
    Just to make sure you have my info for yesterday: I did the 1 mile, was under calories, and drank 9 (8oz) glasses of water :happy:

I have already completed the 50 crunches challenge for today :wink:

LET'S GO TEAM DETERMINATION!!!

AWESOME!!!!! got you down!!!:flowerforyou:

Sonia
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Regarding water: I used to drink diet Pepsi all day long. It wasn't until I joined MFP in may that I started to drink water. I bought three 20 oz water bottles - one for work and two for home. I usually drink three of those water bottles during the day at work (one in the morning, one with lunch and one in the afternoon) and a minimum of one in the evening at home. For me, it is all about routine. I just guzzle the water down now - taking the water bottle with me everywhere I go so that I will drink it. Yes, I am getting up every 1/2 hour to use the restroom. Yes, it is really annoying when I have a 1+ hour meeting at work. But I do believe it has made a big difference in my weight loss.

If it's the taste that you don't like, try adding some fresh fruit slices to your water. I like lemon but have heard of others adding strawberries and even cucumber slices.

Good luck!! For me, water is not an issue. It is staying under my calories all seven days that is difficult :embarassed:
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of all our teammates who are working so hard!! I did a Turbo Kick class at the gym this morning and tweaked my foot a little :mad: so I finished my cardio on the bikes. I'll be doing my P90X later this afternoon and will do my sit-ups after that (I have to do my P90X ab work first - otherwise I won't be able to get through it...lol!). I'm on my 7th cup of water and it's not even noon yet. :drinker:

Keep bringing it!! Go Team Persistent Determination!!

:heart: Shanna
  • sonybalony
    Options

We did have teammates that either did not get their water drank, or did not log under on their food. (I am asking Gary about subbing Sunday for a messed up day, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet)

TEAM PERSISTENT DETERMINATION!!!!!

Gary got back to me and he said we can sub Sunday for ONE of the other days!!! Please let me know about logging for Sunday as well so I can adjust the excel sheet to reflect our right points!!!!

Woooo-Whoooo!!!!!

~Sonia
  • wilsonshome
    Options
    Hi TEAM!!!!

Several of our teammates are having trouble getting 64+ ounces:drinker: in during the day... what are your suggestions? :drinker: what has worked for you? :drinker: let's get some ideas going!!!:drinker:

To paraphrase what other team captains said recently. If you need me to, I'll send you some toilet paper! :blushing: if you feel like you are gonna float away... grab a water bottle, drink up and use it to stay above water!:laugh: And if your eyeballs are floating... shed a few tears!!!! :sad: lol

We'll get this together as a TEAM!!

You guys are AWESOME!!!!

:flowerforyou: , ~Sonia

I have also drank all my water, done my crunches but still have dinner to go on the calories. I'll message you when I'm finished in about 4 hours.

On the water issue. What helps me is carrying a Bubba Mug with me where ever I go. I fill it with ice and water, keep it in my car when I'm running errands and the water always stays cold. You can get these online or at Walmart: http://www.shopbubba.com/?gclid=CLjent32s6oCFYLu7QodiCem7g.
  • shortee75
    Options
    Hi TEAM!!!!

For me water is the hardest part because I just don't get thirsty throughout the day at work. I did manage to get in my 64+ ounces yesterday and I only need 8 more ounces for today. I have a Droid and there is an app that will remind you to drink water - mine is set up to remind me every hour starting at 8am and ending at 4pm so if I make myself drink 1/2 of my 16.9oz bottle every time the reminder pops up I will have all 64 oz drank before I leave work.

Something else that may help is to have all the water close at hand and every time you look at the bottle/cup take a drink or two. For instance, I know I will drink the water better if it's in a bottle so I put 1 (16.9oz) bottle in my gym bag and grab another (16.9oz) bottle as I walk out the door to go to work. I try to finish one bottle before I go to the gym, one during my workout and then when I get done with my workout I take both empty bottles to the break area and refill them, both are normally gone by the time I leave work at 5pm - what's not finished goes with me and I finish it between work & home or with dinner. I normally try to finish it before dinner so I can have a diet rootbeer or sweet tea instead while I'm eating.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ***67.6 OZ OF WATER DONE***:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • shortee75
    Options
    8/3/2011 CHECK-IN

Under Calories = YES:happy:
    64oz Water = YES :happy:
    50 Sit-ups/Crunches = YES:happy:
  • sonybalony
    Options
    THURSDAY EXERCISE CHALLENGE IS....