Team 20... Team Persistent Determination (closed group)

Options

Replies

• wilsonshome
    Options
    Done for the day, water good, sit-ups great, calories awesome.
  • cshore54
    cshore54 Posts: 70
    Options
    So happy to report a successful day. Met all the challenge goals. It was hard getting a walk in here today between the raindrops. The sit ups were a huge challenge! Water is just not a difficult thing for me.

For tomorrow I wasn't too sure if I could do an up and down, so I just tried a few. I will admit it is not pretty and is difficult with this cast on, but I will be able to get them done.

Bring on day 4!!! I am ready and determined to meet all goals along with EVERYONE!!!!! Let's make it a 100% day. Just for tomorrow. Then we will worry about the next day and forget about yesterday. Just one 100% day. I callenge all my wonderful team mates to join me.

Chris
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    Okay, I had to actually see how this exercise works so I "googled" it and this is a video I found, but looking at the picture Sonia posted...are we suppose to jump up when we come to the standing position????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiIoXedx1qk&feature=related

Let me know your thoughts please
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Okay, I had to actually see how this exercise works so I "googled" it and this is a video I found, but looking at the picture Sonia posted...are we suppose to jump up when we come to the standing position????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiIoXedx1qk&feature=related

Let me know your thoughts please

Football teams do these...they don't look easy to do...I'm probably going to do my 40 and call it a day...they go from the crouching position pop up (thereby jumping up) and when they land, they go right back onto the ground. They are HARD, but worth it. All over body buster.
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Good Evening TEAM PERSISTENT DETERMINATION!!!!!!

EXERCISE CHALLENGE ~ UP AND DOWNS

The video that Gary sent me had the jump up as part of it... I do not believe it is entirely necessary... if you can... do it... :bigsmile:if you can't... don't! :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts?v=bkD9LwDBWW0&feature=pyv&ad=7237549087&kw=exercise

from time 1:45 to 2:00

SO FAR today I have some awesome loggers!!! :flowerforyou: Full Water, Under Calorie Goal, SIT-UP QUEENS!!!

sonybalony, Barbara_Wilson, BCFossett, ckarlovec, CookieGem, cshore54, DaFrogRibbit, Eplizzitiz, gemmaterry, jah1165, K1Teacher, megansmom311, psychofied and shortee75 have given me their full info, and knocked it out of the park today!!!!

For those who missed a water, missed an exercise, or overdid calories earlier this week, you can make it up on Sunday!

AS of NOW... we have 49 points!!! :bigsmile: Once I get all the loggers, it WILL go up!!!

I will message EVERYONE that has missed an exercise or log under/64+ water (on the excel sheet), even if you have already contacted me about it. This way those of you with only 1 day to make up can decide if you want to make it up on Sunday or not. (Even if you logged under cal/and less than 64+oz water, you can make it up on Sunday) or if you did it and forgot to message me or post it here, (or, I didn't get it in the spreadsheet.... NAH!!!! That couldn't happen to ME!!! :wink:) lol

The challenge may be going to a % of loss rather than a straight pound loss challenge seeing as there are so many people under 150... I will start tracking that for everyone as well. (so if you wanna know it, I will let you know!)

Sunday MORNING I will post a picture of the spreadsheet for everyone to verify their results. If I missed something please let me know ASAP! :flowerforyou:

Have an awesome evening!!!!

~Sonia
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    BURPIES!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :grumble: :grumble:
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Not that I'm, competitive much but do we know what the other teams are doing? How're they all getting on? Where do we fall in the ranks?? Just curious!
  • CookieGem
    CookieGem Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Great, ups and downs YEEEEEEEEEEEEEY (sense the sarcasim) These are so hard and so exhausting! But just thinking about my target I will hammer todays challange.

Yeah how are the other teams doing?
  • cshore54
    Options
    Working through the up and downs. I can only do 4 at a time , but they are slowly getting done. Only 12 more to do! My water is all in and eating is right on track. Come on everyone, we are up to this!

Chris
  • psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options
    Done with day 4 challenge! God, it was HARD AS HELL.
    I thought I couldn't make it. My brother even cheered up on me while I was doing the last 10 Ups and Downs in a Jillian Michaels style lol

How would you log it in the exercise btw?
  • cshore54
    Options
    Just finished mine too. During the last set I didn't think I could get up. Every muscle in my body felt like it was going to give out.

Chris
  • shortee75
    Options
    YOU LADIES ROCK!!!

I intended to get up a few minutes earlier this morning and get mine done, but that didn't happen so I will have to do them after I get home.
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Gary posted an alternative to the up downs on his status this morning. Sonya is on her cell phone, so she can't post, so I'm posting for her. Here's the alternative!

AUGUST CHALLENGE: If you have bad knees here is an alternative for the ups and downs exercise. 100 Toe Touches. Stand up straight arms straight above your head. Take your right hand down and touch your left foot. Alternate the left hand to right foot. Stand up Straight that = 1. Do 100 of those and you are set for today.! PUSH YOURSELF TO DO MORE!!! Your big weigh in is right around the corner. Its crunch time people. You are stronger than you believe so go go go go!
  • nlynnm716
    Options
    I love up and downs! I used to do them all the time during my Turbo Kick class. They give me a high!
  • sonybalony
    Options
    Knew we were gonna end up doing %'s :bigsmile:

TEAM CAPTAINS PLEASE RE POST THIS INFORMATION! We are going to announce a modification later today regarding some important changes in the team scoring. After much thought and consideration we've decided to move towards a percentage based challenge. These changes are to accommodate those teams who have lost team members. The % will make this fair across the board. I want to especially thank all of those who have helped with this process especially jitteryspork. She has modified my old sheet and created a new point sheet. I will be emailing it later today once we're sure its set. Thank you for your understanding I believe this will provide for better results and make all teams equal. Thanks! UNLEASH THE BEAST WITHIN!
  • sonybalony
    Options
    Not that I'm, competitive much but do we know what the other teams are doing? How're they all getting on? Where do we fall in the ranks?? Just curious!

I don't know yet.... was considering lurking on some of their boards to see..... sneaky sneak sneaky!!!! :tongue: but until my exams are over and the papers are posted to the teachers, I will be sitting in front of my computer, typing insanely to get this all done in less than 9 hours and 25 minutes!!!! :sad: (Including getting guest bed ready for stopover guests, cooking a dinner they can eat (severe food allergies) and cleaning the house.....) ARGH!!!!!!!!!:grumble: :ohwell: :noway:

As to how to log these ..... Gary logged his as AEROBIC HIGH IMPACT for however long it takes to do.

I am very excited for how many of you contacted me with your prior log-ins!!! and your log-ins for yesterday!!!! We are getting in that habit! Waiting on 1 to get hold of me!

We have one team mate that is going to be with family due to a death, (I didn't ask if I could share who, she may post to let us know as a team) she will be away several days and I have contacted Gary about how to deal with the points (he said with the new % system it won't matter quite so much) I am sure she would appreciate your encouraging thoughts and prayers for a safe trip and for her family.

We are still having problems getting in all the water!!! :drinker: you CAN do this!!! Remember these are not 8-16 or 20 oz bottles of water, this is 8 -8oz waters.... sometimes we don't think about the fact that you can count 2 for a 16 oz bottle of water, and 2.5 for a 20 oz!

Have a great day!!!! :flowerforyou:

I have procrastinated long enough.... finals here I come!!!!

~Sonia
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    For those who missed a water, missed an exercise, or overdid calories earlier this week, you can make it up on Sunday!

So does this mean I get a free pass for my Vintage Ohio wine festival tomorrow if I make up my under calories on Sunday? :bigsmile: And in general, is Sunday always a "day off" from the challenge if we've completed all of our exercises, water, under calories Monday-Saturday?

I'm reading the board - all of your ladies are doing awesome!
  • shortee75
    Options

Since I was late finding/joining the challenge and didn't get my water in on Monday, I will definitely make up for my missed water on Sunday. Glad I already did the Jacks and I was under calories :laugh:
  • sonybalony
    Options

So does this mean I get a free pass for my Vintage Ohio wine festival tomorrow if I make up my under calories on Sunday? :bigsmile: And in general, is Sunday always a "day off" from the challenge if we've completed all of our exercises, water, under calories Monday-Saturday?

I'm reading the board - all of your ladies are doing awesome!

Sunday is an "off" day, just remember that weights MUST be in by Sunday night/Monday MORNING... therefore.... Yeeeeesssss......:grumble: :ohwell: you can make it up on Sunday....:smile: that does NOT mean you can go Hog Wild!!! :wink: (or eat the whole hog as far as that goes! :laugh: ) Be aware of what you eat and drink... do you really WANT that particular thing or is there a better choice? Enjoy yourself, drink your water :drinker: , it will help with any bloating you may experience and see if you can get some exercise in to offset those festival calories!!!

Otherwise, have fun and enjoy yourself!

Be safe!!!

~Sonia
  • nlynnm716
    Options
    I saw that Gary is adding 50 mountian climbers to his list of challenges today. Let's all do it!