The last 10 pounds challenge (closed group)

Options

Replies

• vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    100 :smile:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I got 250 so far.

The holiday definitely worked against us last week, but this is a new week!! Lets do it Ladies!!!
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    500 so far. 150 each Mon & Tues and 200 so far today.

I find it helps to break them up into sets of 50 and spread them out during the day.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    500 so far. 150 each Mon & Tues and 200 so far today.

I find it helps to break them up into sets of 50 and spread them out during the day.

Wow Cathie, that's nuts....good for you!!!!
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Zero so far. I forgot about it. :blushing:

I'll do some tomorrow.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Apologies to everyone! I haven't done any of my weight/measurement/count up stuff. I am still trying, going to the gym, etc but I am struggling with the food thing. For now I'm not going to worry about it too much. It will take a bit with the school move-in to get back in the groove, but I'm still here! If you guys want me to hop out of the challenges, I understand, since I am not really participating in them, but I do appreciate the motivation you guys provide! Best wishes for everyone's week!
  • vsetter
    Options
    Apologies to everyone! I haven't done any of my weight/measurement/count up stuff. I am still trying, going to the gym, etc but I am struggling with the food thing. For now I'm not going to worry about it too much. It will take a bit with the school move-in to get back in the groove, but I'm still here! If you guys want me to hop out of the challenges, I understand, since I am not really participating in them, but I do appreciate the motivation you guys provide! Best wishes for everyone's week!

Brittany,
    It's okay. It will all fall into place again for you once you get settled. And in the meantime, if you have a rough few weeks, its okay --- your body will forgive you. I don't think that you should hop out of the challenges.....well, not unless you want to.

So what is going on the with food thing (I haven't looked at your diary recently)? School food? Where are you living at school??? Are you on a meal plan or are you preparing your own stuff?
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Brittany-stick it out!!!!!

So, yesterday morning my ankle was alittle sore. Went to the gym with no real problem, even did jogginh/walking intervals on the treadmill. As the day went on it got more sore and alittle swollen. This morning, ehhhh, but went to the gym did the elliptical and walked on the treadmill...no real issue. Its still swollen and sore, but not necessarily when I walk on it. Currently, I am icing, elevating and taking aspirin. Think I might have done it with the jumping jacks ( noticed my right foot turns in alittle when I land) or C25K....although I didn't feel any immediate pain when I was doing either of those things.
    Any thoughts or suggestions?
  • crazytxmom
    Options
    Sounds like you've got the ice & elevation going on. Now maybe add the rest & compression and it'll feel better.

I've noticed a few new sore spots from the jumping jacks too. My calves are sore down near my ankles (the good kind of sore, I think) and my upper back is a little sore too. It's got me thinking that I could add some small hand weights...

Hope you feel better soon!!
  • vsetter
    Options
    Kate -- Take it easy. You don't want to make it worse. Let it heal itself. Brittany -- didn't you hurt yourself too? She may have some suggestions.

I'm super tired tonight. I think that I am going to take the night off of exercise. I have been running like crazy at work preparing for a huge event that we have on Sunday. If the weather is nice, we will expect about 8000 people. It is a pioneer festival -- candle dipping, apple cider, butter churning and more. BUT -- It is spread out over a one mile trail. I should wear the pedometer for fun. I have to work 7am-7pm. OUCH!

Good night!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Thanks Guys!!! I swear I feel like an old person, haha....first my knee now my ankle!!! I have to admit, I have not really been taking it easy...I've been working out on it, not jogging but still elliptical, treadmill and step mill....it doesn't feel so bad when I'm on it. Its hard not working out, can't get my mind around it!!! I'll make sure I rest it all day sunday, but tomorrow I need the workout....adult bevs and food will be in my future for sure!!

Val-good luck on your event, it sounds like fun! Long day though!!! Defintely wear your pedometer, it should be interesting to see how much you'll be walking around!!

I am having a not so great week...haven't been making my protein goals, substituting beer calories for protein calories, booo me :frown:
    I really have to get my butt in gear next week. I haven't been doing my after work workouts either, UGH...

Weekend are so difficult for me to keep myself in check, too...I sabotage myself thinking that I have done so well all week and I deserve to get alittle crazy. Our lifestyle at the moment doesn't really provide weekends that are booze free....nor do I, honestly, really want them to be!!! I don't know, I find that because I am so close to my goal I allow myself more leeway.
    Anyone else feel that way???
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hmm, my diet has changed a bit since getting to school. I try to eat two of my three main meals in my apartment so I can control my nutrition but that final meal at the cafeteria always kills me. There is basically no excuse for it. I see hot food and eat it. I HAVE been noticing that my portions are much smaller, but it's not a conscious decision. Then there is the snacking... but I haven't bought a single processed snack item for my apartment... but that only helps until 10 pm when I really want a thing of cookies and the school has a convenience store a few blocks away. So I'm pretty angry at myself for that.

Umm... as far as injuries go I am in the process of completely and utterly destroying each tendon in both my ankles. *sigh* I know I should rest and let them heal but I find it extremely hard to not run once I get to the gym. I'm terrified that if I let myself rest for a week I will just stop running completely. And it's silly because I one week doesn't equal a lifetime but I have a history of stopping completely once I take a break from running. As it stands, I am icing every day and doing no exercise every other day. I feel bad enough today that I may bike instead but it doesn't give me any satisfaction to do so.
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Weekend are so difficult for me to keep myself in check, too...I sabotage myself thinking that I have done so well all week and I deserve to get alittle crazy. Our lifestyle at the moment doesn't really provide weekends that are booze free....nor do I, honestly, really want them to be!!! I don't know, I find that because I am so close to my goal I allow myself more leeway.
    Anyone else feel that way???

I definately am with you on this one Kate!

I'm a self-sabotager on the weekends AND on those ever popular "special" occasions! The only problem is....I don't just fall off the wagon a couple of weekend days or for that ONE particular "special" occasion ~ I fall off and have a really hard time getting back on. If I screw up one meal, one day - then the whole entire day is shot - I think "why should I bother!?!?!?" (Actually having one of those days today already - and it's only 2:50pm) I've been in a funk for the last several weeks and try as I might, I'm having a hard time sticking to things. I've just got to remember to take it one day at a time, one meal at a time.....I'll get there, we'll all get there......in the meantime, we have eachother to lean on, vent to and celebrate with!!

And Val......I'm in agreement with your proposed "perfect" week. There is no better time for me ~ so whenever you decide. I too will just have to try a little harder ~ though I need to try harder in general anyway. :ohwell:
  • vsetter
    Options
    Well I started off my week GREAT!!! BUT then I started my period. I can't even call it my time of the month because its not.....I just had my last one 2 weeks ago. I really feel like crap. On top of being exhausted from work, I haven't been able to exercise the past three nights. And now, to top it off, my GYN wants to do an ultrasound on Monday to make sure there is nothing bad happening. I f***ing hate cancer!
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Oh no Val! Really? Are you sure? Or is it just a precaution check up? I hope everything is ok.

To everyone else who is experiencing aches and pains or injuries please make sure you look after your health! I know we are all on here to lose weight and be healthy but that also means letting your body rest. Your body needs sleep and rest so that it can function at its peak level. Maybe we also need to make sure that we aslo incorporate at least 2 rest days into our week, along with diet and exercise.

Here's my stats for last week. Sorry I didn't post them on Friday.

Weight: 123.2 Ib (55.9Kg)

Ever so slightly down but at least it's a loss. I also managed to get 1 weight training session in, on the Friday evening.

I'm having a real issue with meeting my protein goal. I pretty much always eat all my cals and my exercise cals. At 1200 cals it's hard not to! Any suggestions for boosting protein without the expensive cals? I know eggs are a good source but any other ideas?
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I hope everything is ok, Val. <3

I'm at 136.4.

Sunday: 55 min. Circuit Training
    Monday: 63 min. Zumba
    Tuesday: 34 min. Yoga (JM's Yoga Meltdown Level 1)
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: 55 in. Circuit Training
    Friday: 39 min. yoga, and 40 min. kickboxing
    Saturday: Rest

ljbhill: Thanks for the reminder on rest! My natural inclination is to exercise a LOT if I feel like I can handle it, but then I overdo it. It's a mind/body war again for me. :(
    Regarding protein, what about rethinking your carb sources? "Carbs" like beans have a bit of protein, and switching from brown rice to quinoa would add some protein. Maybe switch from regular yogurt to Greek, too? I didn't take too close a look at your food diary though.
  • Brooklyn85
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well. I am getting ANOTHER cold. Normally my immune system is awesome; not sure what's happening lately.
    This week:
    3 days strength (upper and lower)
    2 days cardio

500 jumping jacks. I probably could have done more, but I just don't like them that much and doing more today with a bad sore throat seems like a bad idea.

My weight is still down at 132.5. Cannot wait to get under 130! So frustrating being so close but so far away, all the time...
  • crazytxmom
    Options
    Best of luck tomorrow Val! Keep us posted!

Let's see...I reviewed my week earlier today to post this, but I got distracted...happens a lot.

Sunday - I did list cleaning as exercise, usually don't, but this was steam-cleaning carpets & moving furniture - took about 2 1/2 hours and I listed 1 hour - totally exhausting
    Monday - strength
    Tuesday - strength
    Wednesday - 30 minute walk - I hoped to run/walk, but my younger daughter wanted to come with
    Thursday - strength - I hoped to run/walk again, but this time my oldest crashed her bike & had me really worried - I felt soooo much better when what I thought was massive bruising to her arm washed off in the shower - LOL - after that her scrapes didn't look too bad
    Friday - rest
    Saturday - rode 51.43 miles with my sweetie - had a great time, but dang it was windy!

I think I totaled 1000 jumping jacks. I think it helps that I tend to count when I'm in pain anyway. I count steps when I run too. Just something to focus my brain on.

I hope everyone heals up & gets to feeling better!
  • nickikole1
    Options
    I seem to be getting on track. I'm having a hard time logging my food because I'm visiting my parents and running all over the place. But, I'm back down to 165.5 pounds, so that's a good sign. I'll try to track from here on out while in New Hampshire.

Is this next week the one that we are striving for the perfect weight?
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Awwww Val!! I hope everything ok!!! I'm totally thinking of you :flowerforyou:

Weight was the same this week.

Sunday-rest
    Monday-rest
    Tuesday-cardio and strength
    Wednesday-cardio and strength
    Thursday-cardio strength
    Friday-cardio and strength
    Saturday-cardio and strength

Val-I was totally over calories saturday, just didn't log everything.

I've decided to cut back on my cardio this week to let me ankle rest. I will still be doing something, just nothing intense and keep it one machine a day.

I only got 250 jumping jacks in this week, after I hurt my ankle I knew it was bad to try and continue.

I need to put my game face on this week and really make better choices than last week. I was at my calorie goals most days, but put beer or wine over better dinner/protein choices.