The last 10 pounds challenge (closed group)

Options

Replies

• vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I failed last week's challenge. I don't think I did any crunches. I only walked 2 extra miles. Ooops! I'll have to get on the ball this week.

If you earned the extra points, make sure that you report how you did with the challenge!
  • Brooklyn85
    Options
    Sorry I'm late checking in.

No weight loss.
    Did run 5 extra miles, all at once on Saturday!
    Only did 100 crunches.

2 days of strength training (upper and lower body)
    1 day of cardio.

Rough week.

Back on track today!

Congrats to everyone else!
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Wow! Everyone is going so well! Good job guys :flowerforyou:
  • vsetter
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!
    Well....if I have learned anything from this challenge....when you are this close to goal, your body does not give you much forgiveness. Those that are dropping weight are pretty consistent in meeting goals. Great job to you ladies!

The top loser for the week was cheshirechic and Cathie (crazytxmom)!!!!!! Congrats on losing 2 pounds each!!!! WOW!!!! These ladies were well deserved of the weight loss. Both met calories, protein and water most (if not all) days of the week!!!!

Last week's challenge was 5 extra miles and crunches. Congrats to the following for getting in those miles (and 5 extra points): ljbhill, Kate (kblue2007), Brittany (bprague), Nicole (nickikole1), Jenn (jalysons), Cathie (crazytxmom), Brooklyn (brooklyn85), and Tina (manit1117).

Our top 3 crunch winners (and winning 5 extra points) were Kate (kblue2007) with 400, ljbhill with 340, and Cathie (crazytxmom) with 140. Great job! You will all have super flat bellies before you know it!

This week's top points go to:
    1) Cathie with 35 points
    2) Kate with 33 points
    3) Nicole with 24 points

Grand total point leaders are:
    1) Kate with 105 points
    2) Brooklyn and Cathie tied with 82 points
    3) Kristin (kerick9) with 75 points

Keep up the good work ladies! I have some catching up to do :)

week4.jpg

weightweek4.jpg
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    wowza!!!! great job everyone!!!!

I am so pissed I didn't log my water sunday and friday, WTF I'm usually so good logging it all!! Oh well, just a reminder for me to make sure I do, BOOO me :laugh:

So far this week I have 2miles down with another 2 tonight, gonna do 4 tomorrow to knock them out, plus lots of walking saturday. 40 push ups down, gonna try regular push ups tomorrow at the gym and see how many I can knock out. So far I only have about 40 squats from sunday, my legs have been so sore that I haven't been able to do more, tomorrow I should be back in the game.

This weekend is going to be soooo difficult for me. Friday is my bday and we are going out to dinner with my family, then saturday we are doing a brewery tour and lunch. Sunday my husband is taking me out for some dinner and drinks. I've already looked at the menus of the places we are going and logged best I could, just hoping that i can stick to everything!!!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!!!!
  • ljbhill
    Options
    Uh oh!

Remember a couple of weeks ago the in-laws came to visit and I blew out with calories?

To quickly recap... they are all lovely but big people with huge apetites. Everything, all day long revolves around food. What are we having for breakfast? Tea, scones, cream or biscuits and cake anyone? What did you want to do for lunch. Should we go out to dinner? These are what the days revolve around. Ok. I get it. They like their food and that's the focus of their lives but my father-in law can barely walk. He has bad knees and the weight doen't help. My mother in-law has diabetes and gets infections under the skin fold on her stomach. It isn't pretty people.

At meal times, I feel like I have two heads. I feel like they think I'm a non-eater, weird, difficult and vain. All because I don't want to eat pancakes, toast, porridge, egg and bacon for breakfast followed by chinese food for lunch and a big 5 course BBQ for dinner. I feel out of place when they tell me I'm too skinny, that I need to eat more, that I'm being silly, that their food is good for you etc.

Sometimes when I'm there I make poor choices. We sit around the food-laden table for hours and there's so much of it that keeps being brough out and placed in front of me! Sometimes it's from lack of choice. Sometimes it's because they all eat so much at breakfast time, lunch isn't until just before dinner when I'm just about ready to gnaw my arm off (seeing as I only ate cereal and a peice of fruit for breaky). Sometimes I just have too many excuses for blowing my healthy eating!!

Well... This weekend... my hubby and I are flying up to stay with them for 3 days. 3 DAYS. Staying. With. Them!!! Now don't get me wrong, they are lovely people but the constant food thing is stressful. Especially as we are staying with them and they organise when we ate and where we eat.

I need a plan of attack.

*I will excuse myself from the table during dessert and am taking up my own little treats that I can have with tea rather than eating the cake, ice-cream and scones with cream.
    *I will take little meal-fillers/snacks for those big stretches between meals
    *I will order my own dish at meal time rather than share all the other chosen dishes
    *I will limit alcohol to 2 glasses of wine
    *I will go for a walk when everyone else is having their day time naps

I am sick of chsing my tail after weekens. Losing during the week to put on during the weekends.

These people are my weapons against failure. Wish me luck!!
  • ljbhill
    Options
    Lol. Maybe not a quick recap after all. More of a rant :tongue:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Your plan sounds wonderful!!! Do not let them dictate what you eat or make you feel bad. You are making the right choices for yourself. I know its hard with family, you don't want to offend anyone or hurt anyones feelings, but they are family and you should be able to stick up for yourself. And when they say your are too skinny, you just smile and say THANK YOU :happy:
    Good luck Girl!!! We all know you can do it!!!!

My knee is not so good this week. I hurt it alittle sunday and now I can not jog at all without pain. Hoping the elliptical will be kind to me tomorrow morning, since treadmill and step mill are out for now. I did the bike this morning and that wasn't too bad, but the step mill killed me, only got 9mins into it before I quit.
    I got 4miles down for the challenge, and depending on how I feel tonight I'll try and get another 2 in. If its still bothering I might just hold off until saturday, where I am guaranteed atleast 4miles of walking (gonna bring my pedometer with me to make sure).
    90 squats down so far and 60 push ups....I was able to do 1 regular push up this morning....baby steps!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!
  • vsetter
    Options
    I think that it is very wise of you to make an in-laws plan of attack. How does hubby feel about this? Or is he just used to this as a way of life? If he is on "your side", maybe you can escape together. Take a walk together for some alone time, maybe.

Kate -- bum deal about your knee. Take it easy. You don't want to end up having to take a long break from all exercise. Let it heal! AND --- have a happy happy birthday!!!!! Enjoy the day and all that comes with it!!!!

Well.....I'm really not sure what to say about my week so far. It has been a hectic week with absolutely no free time (short work week, kid started first grade). Although I haven't eaten poorly (well....not over calories and junk food, but probably under calories and missing meals), I haven't recorded any of my food. Also --- my plan to take off a week of exercise started early. I am letting my body repair itself (I keep telling myself that). Then it was my TOM. See, this is only my second time having one in just about a year (i stopped because of chemo). It came back with a vengence. So I feel all bloated and ICK! I'll get back on track as soon as I get back from this weekend.

Don't forget that we are approaching the first Sunday of the month. SO ---- make sure that this week you report your weight, your status on challenges and other exercises, AND your MEASUREMENTS!

Have a great long weekend!!!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Valerie, I hope you have a great vacation!!!!! Stupid TOM better not get in your way of a good time...I'm sure it won't :wink:
  • ljbhill
    Options
    :happy:

*I will excuse myself from the table during dessert and am taking up my own little treats that I can have with tea rather than eating the cake, ice-cream and scones with cream <<<<< That's all in one sitting.

I am sick of chsing my tail after weekends.* Losing during the week to put on during the weekends.

These, people... are my weapons against failure. Wish me luck!!

Just fixing some typo's.... grrr hate typos!

Thanks guys! Sometimes you just need to vent.

Val, it can be annoying TTOM but it's a part a healthy lfiestyle, so the fact that you are back on track with it must mean that your body is healthy!! :happy: Hubby is aware of the food issue and is very supportive of me but we barely see them as they live up North (11 hours by car) and so just wants to spend the most time that he can with them when we are there. Totally understandable. I just need to suck it up and work my will power!

Kblue, take it easy! Rest that knee. You don't want to do more damage and be out for any longer than you have to be. Short term pain (no exercise) for a long term gain (having full movement with no pain and being able to exercise).

As I'm away for the weekend, I'll have to submit my measurements on Tuesday. Maybe that will give me more incentive to flex the muscle of will power!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. My knee feels alittle better today. Elliptical was good on the knee and I walked SLOWLY on the treadmill this morning with a slight incline. No gym workout for me tomorrow, but we will get lots of walking in.

The scale was REAL nice to me today, lets hope I can keep it down over the weekend and I took some prelim measurements and I have to say I am pretty happy.
    I'm doing good with the challenges this week!! How about everyone else???

ljb and valerie, have safe and wonderful trips!!!!
    And everyone else I hope you all have a great weekend!!!!!

See you at check in :happy:
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Heading to the cabin this morning so I thought I'd log my stats a day early or it wouldn't be until Tuesday. Saw a "little" progress with regard to inches this month - and little is better than nothing!

Arms = 12" (same)
    Waist = 32" (down 1")
    Low Abs = 37" (down 1")
    Hips = 39" (same)
    Thighs = 24" (down .5")
    Calves = 15" (same)

Weight this week: 145.9 (down .5) ~ not what I wanted - but certainly what I expected after have a big piece of cake 2 nights in a row!

Didn't do great on the challenges ~ only did 2 extra miles and 40 push-ups and only 25 squats (found I probably shouldn't do these at all as my knees crack crack crack). :embarassed: Slacked on my work-outs too - didn't do ANY strength-training. :embarassed: :embarassed:

Going to try and eat well this holiday weekend ~ I'm only in TOTAL control of meals on Monday (I'm making them) ~ today & tomorrow I'll just have to watch my portions, get in my walking and drink plenty of water.

Have A WONDERFUL holiday everyone!!!!!!
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Your plan for the inlaws seems like a smart one! I hope it goes well! Eeek, it sounds like everyone had some setbacks this week. I hope you all heal and overcome them soon!

I just wanted to tell everyone I've had a NSV! woo! I ran for 25 minutes straight, which I haven't done for two years, so it feels pretty awesome. The day before that, I ran for a mile and a half on the road down by my house (pavement and hills). Which, even when I was running 5 miles a day two years ago- I couldn't run it. I know it was a mental barrier, but it feels really amazing to finally break through it. I have shin splints to show for it, but I'm doing the whole icing thing and relishing in my small victories.

Things are a little hectic here. I'm packing up for my senior year at college in three days (how is it senior year already?!). That is where I'm going to have a heck of a time keeping my diet in check but I should be alright on the exercise category. I'm also doing the grad school thing so I am stressed out just thinking about it. GAH. I hope I can stress exercise rather than stress eat....
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Uhhhh....so weird...I checked in and then came back to find it didn't post, strange!!!!

Here is it:

Weight: 129.2 (down 1/4lbs)
    Waist: 26 1/2
    Hips: 36 1/2
    Legs: 20
    Arms: 10 3/4
    Lower Waist: 30
    Bust: 32 3/4

Sunday: Cardio mixed with Strength-Wii Fitness Coach
    Monday: 2mile walk
    Tuesday: Cardio and Strength
    Wednesday: Cardio and Strength plus 2mile walk
    Thursday:Cardio and Strength
    Friday: Cardio and Strength
    Saturday: Cardio plus 4mile walk

I got in all 8 miles, 100 push ups and 165 squats!!!

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the holiday weekend. I have another day of indulgence today, getting ready to head to the gym now to try and offset some of the martinis I'll be having today :happy:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Uhhhh....so weird...I checked in and then came back to find it didn't post, strange!!!!

Here is it:

Weight: 129.2 (down 1.4lbs)
    Waist: 26 1/2
    Hips: 36 1/2
    Legs: 20
    Arms: 10 3/4
    Lower Waist: 30
    Bust: 32 3/4

Sunday: Cardio mixed with Strength-Wii Fitness Coach
    Monday: 2mile walk
    Tuesday: Cardio and Strength
    Wednesday: Cardio and Strength plus 2mile walk
    Thursday:Cardio and Strength
    Friday: Cardio and Strength
    Saturday: Cardio plus 4mile walk

I got in all 8 miles, 100 push ups and 165 squats!!!

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the holiday weekend. I have another day of indulgence today, getting ready to head to the gym now to try and offset some of the martinis I'll be having today :happy:

Just corrected a typo :blushing:
  • Brooklyn85
    Options
    Here's my check-in:

Current Weight: 133.5 (stayed between 130-136 for the last 2 years... so this isn't really a real loss yet, but 2.5 down from start of the challenge)
    Height: 5'7"
    Highest weight (over 3 years ago): 145
    Goal Weight: 127

Waist at belly button: 28"
    2 inches below belly button: 34"
    Hips: 38"
    Bust: 36"
    Arms: 10.5"
    Thighs: 22"
    Measurements are all the same but I am definitely feeling stronger and beginning to see a little more muscle definition.

Challenges this week:
    Push-ups: 140
    Squats: 525, yes, I really did that many.. =)
    Miles: 8 miles!

Strength training: upper and lower body 4 days
    Cardio: 4 days
    (some overlap)
  • nickikole1
    Options
    So glad to hear people's weeks are going well! I had a fantastic week and held my weight at 156.5 lbs for days. Then one cookout last night, I gained right back to 159. The worst part is, I went in ready to be really good. Water bottle at my side and I brought healthy food along. When we got there, a friend asked me to try an insanely hot pepper with him. Why not try it once, right? It was tasty too! However, it was so hot that it made me sick to my stomach and I had to eat like crazy to get my stomach to calm down. Then, being off the wagon, I drank a few glasses of wine, had some cake, and on it goes. I am too embarrassed by how much I really ate to put it in my food diary. Hopefully my efforts will recover quickly because I was really motivated.
    I walked and ran a combined 10 miles this week.
    I was up to 40 squats and realized I hate them, so good luck to everyone else who appreciates them. :-) I will cheer you guys on. I saw at least one crazy high number so far.
    I was stoked with the push up challenge, but didn't quite finish.
    20 - Sunday
    20 - Wednesday
    20 - Thursday
    20 - Friday
    5 - Saturday <-- The only reason I did that many is because I was waiting for someone on my walk and did them while waiting. I just plain forgot to do the last 15 when I got home.

32" * Waist (same)
    38" * lower abs (same)
    39" * hips (same)
    24" * thighs (same)
    10 3/4" * arms That 1/4 is lost is probably just muscle. :-P
    If I get back to 156.5 this next week, I'm writing it on here, even if it's not Sunday yet. Maybe that way, I'll have no choice but the keep the weight off. ;-)
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options

-- Starting weight 156
    -- Goal weight 145
    -- Measurements for: beginning
    * Waist 33.5"
    * lower abs 38.25"
    * hips 41"
    * thighs 24.25"
    * arms 11.75"

updated measurements

waist - 33"
    lower abs - 37.25"
    hips - 40.5"
    thights - 22.5"
    arms - 12" (increased, but I have biceps now :smile:)

Sunday - bike ride with kids - didn't track mileage
    Monday - rest squats 36 pushups 36
    Tuesday - rest squats 60 pushups 36
    Wednesday - shred squats 72 pushups 48 (not including shred)
    Thursday - shred squats 36 pushups 24 (not including shred)
    Friday - 5 mile bike ride squats 60 pushups 25
    Saturday - 22 mile bike ride

total squats 264
    total pushups 168

I know I missed calories a couple times this week - boo! My weigh stayed the same this week, but I did lose the past 2 weeks, so I can't complain there. I've loved the challenges - I can definately tell a difference since this group started.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options

* Waist: 25.0 inches
    * lower abs: 32 inches
    * hips: 38 1/2 inches
    * thighs: 22 1/4 inches
    * arms 10 inches

Hey all! Someone please explain to me this friggen fat reorganization. I feel like I didn't actually lose any fat, it just moved around. >.< Anyone have any insights?!

Waist: 25
    lower abs:31
    Hips: 39
    thighs: 23
    Arm: 10

Sunday: Rest
    Monday: strength training and cardio
    Tuesday: Strength training
    Wednesday: Cardio, and strength training
    Thursday: Cardio
    Friday: Cardio
    Saturday: Cardio and strength training

I totally didn't track my squats/lunges/pushups! I don't know why! I just do them until I can't anymore and don't bother counting. I feel like if I'm lunging with forty extra pounds in dumbbells then it's totally fine to do three sets of 12 per leg. I dunno.

Oh, and at 133 this morning. I'm feeling kind of helpless at this point. Nothing seems to be changing.