The last 10 pounds challenge (closed group)

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    wew! back down to 132! Celebrate. 50 side crunches yesterday. :)

I agree with kate- if you have the water in front of you, you are waaayyy more inclined to drink it. Chug away!

YAY!!!!
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great job to the losers this week. Amazing job. kate, now sure how you drink all that water! I feel lucky I am getting 8 cups on a good day.

Valerie, thanks for doing this and sorry about your car. That is horrible.

I guess I never full introduced myself since I was on vacation when we started.

I am Jenn: here is a few facts:
    1. Mom to 2 year old boy/girl twins
    2. Work fulltime, travel sometimes and I am on a bad stint of lots of travel the next few weeks. My husband travels a lot which makes working out a pain. I like to go in the AM
    3. I show a lot more exercise calories then I feel count because I often walk my dog and at least a couple of time a week the kids in the stroller too.
    4. I am a horrible snacker and have trouble eating meals.
    5. would love to loose 8-10 pounds of baby weight but have been at this weight for 8 months so begining to think lost cause
    6. I will do the extra miles but cannot do crunches becasue of twin pregancy. I will do leg raises instead. How many are we supposed to do???

Happy Wednesday night
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options

6. I will do the extra miles but cannot do crunches becasue of twin pregancy. I will do leg raises instead. How many are we supposed to do???

As many as you can do. And that is perfectly fine to adapt the move so that it works for you. Those with the most will get the extra points. Keep track of your walking too. This week, there is points for that too!

Requests for next week's challenge????
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Aw, thanks for the WOOHOOs! :D

What about a push-up challenge for next week?
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey V... how did you post the table?
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Aw, thanks for the WOOHOOs! :D

What about a push-up challenge for next week?

Thats a great idea...will girl push ups count, PLEASE :happy:
  • vsetter
    Options
    Hey V... how did you post the table?

I made the table in Excel and then cut and pasted it into Paint. From Paint, you can save it as a picture file. You have to go through a website like Photobucket in order to post any pics. Sometimes it is difficult to make it the right size.
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thanks Val.

Well... posting my weigh in for the week. I too am so over this plateau. Bouncing around 122.7-125Ib each week, in and out... it is so annoying! I'm losing focus and it's showing in my diary. Definately not as strict anymore. At least I've been keeping a little active which is better than nothing, I suppose.

I feel like I'm good all week and lose it on the weekends. This happens over and over each week. Do good. Undo it. Do good. Undo it. I'm chasing my tail here! Argh :explode:

I think I need to start focusing on the toning and less on the scale number.

56.7Kg (125 Ib)
    Monday- Shred
    Tuesday- Run + Pilates (core and lower)
    Wednesday- Shred
    Saturday- Shred + 90 minute Walk
    Sunday- Shred + Run

The two runs... I did extra... and almost died!
    Crunches- 340 ( I LOVE CRUNCHES! I could do them all day long! Who would have thought??)
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Morning Everyone!!!

Weight stayed the same this week (130.6)
    Sunday-REST
    Monday-2 mile walk
    Tuesday-Elliptical, Step Mill, Strength Training, yoga
    Wednesday-Bike, Step Mill, Strength Training, 4mile walk/jog
    Thursday-Treadmill, Strength Training, yoga
    Friday-Elliptical, Treadmill, Step Mill, Strength Training
    Saturday-Treadmill, Strength Training

I did a total of 6 extra miles and 400 crutches.

My big hooray for me this week was that I started jogging, now I love it!!!!

Looking forward to see how everyone did this week, you are all awesome and amazing :flowerforyou:
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope your weeks went well!

weight: 132 (down one from last week, and after eating (twice), drinking, then exercising and drinking again. Dare I say I may weigh slightly less than this?)
    waist: 25 (same old)
    lower belly: 31 (same)
    hips: 39 (.5 more- could this be because I'm compacting my tushy to make it higher and more BAM with all that exercise? I don't FEEL more squishy.)
    thighs : 22.5 (.5 down from last week)
    arm: 10.5 (up .5 inches. woot! my bicep is out of control awesome)

So even though my numbers don't look good- I feel like I look better. For example: my butt is definitely rounded on the bottom, instead of the previous kinda flat and square. So... I dunno. For whatever reason I feel alright about the way things have progressed this week.

Sunday- beach none
    Monday- beach none
    Tuesday- Strength training, Cardio (bike)
    Wednesday- walking- 35 running 15
    Thursday-running 30, strength training 45
    Friday- strength-15, walking- 50, biking- 20
    Saturday- running-40, strength 15

The vacation was good since if forced my to rest my ankle and get ready to get back into running. I'm pleased to be back!

ALSO- so in my insanity, I have decided that I really really really want to do a half marathon next year. I guess I'll be training for that mostly. I raised my carbs accordingly since I'm back running and now have a huge goal in mind, but I'm not too concerned about meeting my carbs yet. In a month or so I'm going to have to pay attention so I don't crash. I'm also going to make the transition to run outside. It has always been a huge problem with me because the months when this is ideal (spring and fall) are also the seasons that virtually tear my lungs apart through my asthma. I'm going to do this though because I am tired of asthma dictating when I can and cannot run. Anyone who wants to join in my half marathon dreams- PLEASE DO! :)
  • nickikole1
    Options
    I lost 1 pound, so I'm down to 138. Focusing more on calories apparently worked. :-)

I did walk/run intervals for my miles.

Monday - 2 miles
    Wednesday - 2 miles
    Friday - 4 miles
    Saturday - 2.5 miles

I hope everyone enjoyed this week's challenge as much as I did!
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I was actually down half a pound this week. We will see if it sticks. I was actually down more saturday but popped back up this AM. Am eating more calories now and adjust protein to 30% - much harder to meet

I may need to cut my exercise, way too much this week

Monday -stairmaster, 50 - full body training, 55, walking 51, running - 30, ellipical - 10
    Tues - running- 80 treadmill, 35 walking
    Wed - running - 66 min treadmin, 2 walks - 105 total
    TH - body lifting - 57, moving stairmaster 35, walking 100 min (2 walks)
    Fri - elliptical - 21, spinnign 70, walking - 99 min (2 walks)
    Sat - run - 82 minutes outside, walking - 76 min (breakfast and farmers market with kids, elliptical - 10, 60 minutes full body weights (sadly did not count the leg lift etc), 30 minute walk with stroller and dog
    Sun -Insanity (58minutes-), Walk - 66 min (kids to breakfast and then home). spinning - 58 min, ellipitcal - 15 min cool down, Walk dog - 50 min
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I lost 2 pounds this week. My goal weight is now only 5 pounds away. Unbelievable.

Sunday - rest
    Monday - rode 6 miles
    Tuesday - rest
    Wednesday - shred & rode 2 miles
    Thursday - just dance 2 w/daughter
    Friday - shred & rode 6 miles
    Saturday - rode 4 miles

I only did 140 crunches. Squats were easier to do at work - I'm NOT getting on the bathroom floor to do crunches!

I hope everyone has a great week!
  • vsetter
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just checking in.....

So this week I was going to start the Turbo Fire 5-day Inferno Program (low net calories because of low calorie and high cardio). This was part of my plan to break my plateau. BUT --- that really only lasted for 2 days. The rest of the week was pretty high in calories actually. BUT.....

Today's weight was 125.2#. This is a 2.8# weight loss from last week. Now....before we get too excited, let's remember that I have been bouncing between 125.5 and 128 for two months now. BUT
    this is a whopping 1/4 pound less than my lowest so far. That is not spectacular, I know, but I'll take it. I feel though that I can only record a 0.25 weight loss.

Sunday - rest
    Monday - Turbo Fire and upper body strength
    Tuesday - Turbo Fire
    Wednesday - rest
    Thursday - Turbo Fire and upper body
    Friday - Turbo Fire
    Saturday - rest

Leaving for vacation on Thursday, so I think that I am going to try to do low cal/high cardio on Mon, Tues, and Wed in order to balance out the "nothing-for-exercise-eat-whatever-I-want-plan" that I plan to do while on vacation.
  • vsetter
    Options

Squats were easier to do at work - I'm NOT getting on the bathroom floor to do crunches!

HA! :laugh: What an image!!!!
  • vsetter
    Options
    CHALLENGE!!!!!! CHALLENGE!!!!!! CHALLENGE!!!!!

This week's challenge is all exercise based! AND --- has three parts!

1) For a little bit of cardio, this week's challenge will continue with the run/jog/walk/bike challenge. EXCEPT -- this week your goal is 8 miles. Easy to do, especially is you spread it out over the week. 5 extra points will be awarded for completing this challenge.

2) PUSH UPS!!!! These can be done any style that you want/prefer/are able. But, please do try to challenge yourself. For example, if you do girlie-style (on knees) push-ups and you are able to them with no problem, push yourself and see how many you can do on your toes. You may not be able to go all the way down at first, but we will all improve! Your CHALLENGE is to do 20 push-ups per day for 5 days. A grand total of 100 push-ups. 5 extra points will be awarded for completing this challenge.

3) More squats!!!! Keep track of them! The top 3 will get 5 extra points.

So this week it is possible to gain 15 extra points! Easy way to catch up with points if you are behind. And to those ladies in the lead.....watch out. You may need to gain these points to keep your lead :tongue:
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Weighed myself yesterday morning, since we were "out of town" because of this lovely east coast weather.

Down to 135.4!!! :D

Exercise:
    Sunday: Ripped in 30, levels three and four, plus walking
    Monday: Running (only four miles)
    Tuesday: Rest
    Wednesday: Ripped in 30, levels one and two
    Thursday: Yoga and Zumba
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: Ripped in 30, levels three and four

I hope everyone is safe and sound now that the crazy weather is (hopefully) over. <3
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone ~ hope you all had a successful week! I was down .8 this morning to 146.4 ~ 3 pounds to goal (though I may change it once I get there to an even 140). Not as much as I've lost the past couple weeks ~ but I'll take it! Knew it would taper off to a smaller weight loss sooner or later.

Though I did do some form of cardio every day this week (with the exception of today) ~ I only did strength-training ONCE (on Tuesday) AND....I bombed at the challenges. :( I only walked 2 miles above and beyond my "usual" and did only 120 crunches. No excuses - pure laziness.

I'm heading out of town on Saturday and won't be back until Monday (with no scale in sight) so I think I'll have to do my weigh-in and post on Saturday before I leave. It'll be a day early, but I want my #s to count for the week. So I hope that's ok. That means then that I'll have one less day than everyone to get my challenges done. I best get to work!!

Wishing you all the best this week ~ and have a wonderful holiday weekend! :glasses:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I am so impressed so far with everyones results!!!! Congrats on the weight losses...I'm so jealous :happy:
  • manit1117
    manit1117 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've been slacking :sad:

Sunday: Rest
    Monday: Fire 55 (TurboFire), Lower Body Weights & Abs
    Tuesday: Fire 30/Sculpt 30 (TurboFire) & Walk (about 2hrs)
    Wednesday: Fire 45 (TurboFire), Upper Body Weight & Abs
    Thursday: Rest
    Friday: Lower Body Weights & Abs
    Saturday: Rest

I took too many rest days from the program I'm doing. I'm supposed to do it 6 days a week and only did 3 BUT I still lost 1.6lbs WOO HOO :glasses:

I'm ready for the challenges this week. I'm loving the push up challenge. I've been slacking on those and want to get back into the swing of things.

NSV: I was sitting at the kitchen table reading the paper yesterday and my husband said "wow you're legs are really muscular...i think you have more muscle in your legs then i do." i'm talking that as a complement :happy:

Good Job everyone else on your accomplishments :drinker:

Val: My name is Tina in case you want to add it to the spreadsheet. Thank you for putting this together.