WEAPONS

Options
1235»

Replies

• ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    I need to move where you live....I have S&W M&P that I'm only allowed to take the the gun range and have to have an authorization to transport. If I get caught with it anywhere else....to jail I go! :smile:

Wow! That's no fun. I bet you live in a high-crime area. The areas with the toughest firearm laws and make it difficult for law-abiding citizens to carry, often have the highest crime rates. Come on out to PA!

I'd rather be in jail and alive than... well.... I'd carry concealed illegally if I had to. ;)
  • Mr_C
    Mr_C Posts: 16
    Options
    FWIW, I have been running for many years, mostly in rural areas and have had a few scares. The only time my wife has been injured running was when it was getting dark and we doubled back only to find that now there was a car backed up in the corn field that wasn't there earlier with the lights out and someone watching us, it shocked us because it wasn't there before and it would have been hard to get there without us noticing the lights (it was only about a half mile from where we turned around). We tried to get past quickly, and in pushing herself my wife injured her leg. I also have had numerous cases of being miles from anywhere and having cars stop and turn around and drive by slowly after passing me, sometimes hollering at me out the window (usually a car full of punk kids, but punk kids do stupid things sometimes).

After a few uncomfortable situations, I either run with my large dog or my glock (in a belly band). Either seems to work fine.

As for those who don't think they have anything to worry about, I hope you are correct... but violence happens everywhere, and being prepared isn't that difficult. I have a fire alarm and fire extinguisher in my house just in case... even though a fire isn't likely to happen. I wear my seatbelt even though I haven't been involved in a car accident, why not have something in my pocket?
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I need to move where you live....I have S&W M&P that I'm only allowed to take the the gun range and have to have an authorization to transport. If I get caught with it anywhere else....to jail I go! :smile:

Wow! That's no fun. I bet you live in a high-crime area. The areas with the toughest firearm laws and make it difficult for law-abiding citizens to carry, often have the highest crime rates. Come on out to PA!

I'd rather be in jail and alive than... well.... I'd carry concealed illegally if I had to. ;)

It has nothing to do with high crime area....its just Canada......Every place has its bad pockets...but these rules apply to the whole country!! I personally think that if everyone can carry the crime rate wouldn't be so high...cuz they'd be afraid to attack anyone for fear that the innocent could shoot back..
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    As for those who don't think they have anything to worry about, I hope you are correct... but violence happens everywhere, and being prepared isn't that difficult. I have a fire alarm and fire extinguisher in my house just in case... even though a fire isn't likely to happen. I wear my seatbelt even though I haven't been involved in a car accident, why not have something in my pocket?

Well said.

I personally think that if everyone can carry the crime rate wouldn't be so high...cuz they'd be afraid to attack anyone for fear that the innocent could shoot back..

Exactly!!! I hope the OP is convinced :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    My dog, my hands, my feet. ROUNDHOUSE TO THE HEAD!!!!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I have just been reading through these responses and I have a niggling little question, the stats on gun crime, knife crime, murder, rape how do they compare in the USA say with the UK, I guess they are way lower since everyone arms themselves and it is apparently a great deterrent??? Any thoughts?
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Wow. I can't relate to the need/desire to carry a weapon, I can only assume that it's a cultural thing, that attitude just doesn't exist where I live.

In my part of the world people don't own/carry guns and the crime rate is low. Which suits me fine, I'm not moving anywhere, especially to the US!!!
  • McFrench
    McFrench Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have 2 dogs that I know would lay their life down for me. They are my first line of defense.

I have a husband who is law enforcement and carries concealed. I get lots of lectures on personal safety from him:) I would be more likely to shoot myself than a threat, so no guns for me.

I take BodyCombat so often, one might refer to me as a Ninja.

I have taken personal defense classes. I am very aware of my surroundings at all times. I am pretty smart, and know how to use my head!

Around my area I am more concerned about 4 legged threats. My hubby was attacked by a pitbull while on horseback (prob the only time ever he was not carrying anything), and the police had to come out to mace it. Doggy was very lucky that day.

Interesting thread!