30 Day Shred Group- August

Options

Replies

• spotteddrafter
    spotteddrafter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post last night before I went up to bed to collapse.....Day3Week1 complete! Went up to 5lb weights and did well. My complaint is still my shins though - the jumping jacks seem to really aggravate them so maybe tonight I'll try punches instead. Keep up the good work, all!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    day 5 complete and feeling good!
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've lost 5 pounds since we started this group. I'm shocked but happy. 7 more pounds to go.

Day 5 // Level 1 Complete!

I'm finding that my body isn't as sore anymore. My endurance has improved DRASTICALLY and I can finish the whole workout start to finish with no breaks.
  • mmlovers90
    Options
    Day five DONE! Yeah! I am having a much easier time overall now but it is still pretty tough! Those bicycle crunches kill me and nearly make me vomit. I have lost 7 pounds since Monday. It probably doesn't hurt that this week is Hell Week for me and I sweat like a pig every night during our performances (3 hours long) and I've been running around all day long driving my kids places (130+ miles a day on average) so I think that has helped some. I am pretty heavy too so I think for me, I will definitely lose more weight than some of your thinner people. Can't wait to take my pictures again on Monday to see the changes because I can definitely feel things changing on my body! :smile:
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Is this a closed group? If not do you mind if I join in? I started 30DS on the first and it be awesome to have people I can share this experience with.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post last night before I went up to bed to collapse.....Day3Week1 complete! Went up to 5lb weights and did well. My complaint is still my shins though - the jumping jacks seem to really aggravate them so maybe tonight I'll try punches instead. Keep up the good work, all!

Try stretching them out well by doing calf lifts on a stair prior to your workout. Go BOTH directions, raise up AND lower your heel below the stair.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Can I also join? I finished day 5 today too and started on the first. I wish I would have seen this in the beginning because Jillian has kicked my butt this week.
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Can I also join? I finished day 5 today too and started on the first. I wish I would have seen this in the beginning because Jillian has kicked my butt this week.

Both of you can join =) This group is open to anyone. The more people, the more support =D
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    day 5 was a lot easier, my body's starting to adjust to this type of workout..might need to invest in some 5 pounders
  • kalcide
    kalcide Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    can i join too!! im on day 2 of level 1.

didnt feel it yesterday, but sitting here i can feel my stomach. just taken some measurements too!!

really hoping to change my body shape and keep the pounds shifting!
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting me join late..... :wink:

My 5 day run down. I did day one monday and it wasnt to bad. keeping up was hard. Tueday D2 I was so sore but pushed through it. D3 even more sore and thought for sure I was going to die (or my legs were going to fall off) :sad: D4 still sore and still pushing though. Day 5 feeling alot better and walking normal and going potty without dreading the pain that comes with sitting on the potty. :laugh: I am still having a bit of a problem in the cardio section but I can almost make the hole 20 minutes. And Oh man the push ups.... I have never been able to do push ups :grumble:

Is anyone taking rest days? Also how often are you weighing and measuring? I usually weigh myself every Saturday morning so I am excited to see tomorrow results. I will probably wait on the measurements until I am done.

Also Jullian really makes me what to punch her in the face so I will add my MP3 player and mute her for now on, I hope that will help with getting through the cardio portion.:laugh:
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Just finished Level one Day 4 - hope to catch up one work out this weekend so I am back on schedule!
  • erinoldham19
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspays.biz/gaining-weight-exercising <--- this made me feel a little better about the weight gain.. just wish there was another way around it because seeing the numbers go up kill me..

anyway day 5 was a lot easier for me.. we are half way through level one.. i'm excited..

hope you all had a good day..
  • shawn526
    shawn526 Posts: 79 Member
    Options

My 5 day run down. I did day one monday and it wasnt to bad. keeping up was hard. Tueday D2 I was so sore but pushed through it. D3 even more sore and thought for sure I was going to die (or my legs were going to fall off) :sad: D4 still sore and still pushing though. Day 5 feeling alot better and walking normal and going potty without dreading the pain that comes with sitting on the potty. :laugh: I am still having a bit of a problem in the cardio section but I can almost make the hole 20 minutes. And Oh man the push ups.... I have never been able to do push ups :grumble:

Is anyone taking rest days? Also how often are you weighing and measuring? I usually weigh myself every Saturday morning so I am excited to see tomorrow results. I will probably wait on the measurements until I am done.

Also Jullian really makes me what to punch her in the face so I will add my MP3 player and mute her for now on, I hope that will help with getting through the cardio portion.:laugh:

I will be taking a rest day every Sunday, which is my long run day. After running 17 miles, I am NOT going to want to deal with it :wink:

I'll be doing L1D5 after I get home from work in a little bit. Great job sticking with it, everyone!!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Level 1 completely done! YEA Day 10! I didn't do an early workout before doing Shred, and to be honest, I felt a little tired. I think workout #1 helps prepare me mentally and physically for workout #2. Tomorrow's my long run, hopefully there will be enough energy to kick butt with Jillian!

Hope everyone's having a GREAT day!

Rock ON! :tongue:

I'm going to weigh myself every 10 days and let people know how much I've lost after each level. How much have you lost so far since Day 1?

I've got to be honest, I don't know. TOM started and I'm bloaty so I'm not getting on the scales. I know my arms are looking thinner. BTW, you're in WI, correct?
  • myiceisonfire
    Options

I'm not taking any rest days =) I'm going to weigh myself every 10 days (after each level). And I'm going to take measurements on day 31 =) LOL.... When I'm doing my punches I aim at her face, no joke! =P
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    Level 1 completely done! YEA Day 10! I didn't do an early workout before doing Shred, and to be honest, I felt a little tired. I think workout #1 helps prepare me mentally and physically for workout #2. Tomorrow's my long run, hopefully there will be enough energy to kick butt with Jillian!

Hope everyone's having a GREAT day!

Rock ON! :tongue:

I'm going to weigh myself every 10 days and let people know how much I've lost after each level. How much have you lost so far since Day 1?

I've got to be honest, I don't know. TOM started and I'm bloaty so I'm not getting on the scales. I know my arms are looking thinner. BTW, you're in WI, correct?

I got TOM on Monday, and so I when I weigh in on the 11th, I think I'll end of having lost weight. =P ... Yes, Fond du Lac, WI.
  • jnlk80
    jnlk80 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Day 6 level one done baby!!! 4 more days and level 2 I am ready for you!!!
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Only just noticed this one. Me and the Fiance are rocking the 30 day shred for August. Started 1st and finished Day 5 today! :)
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for a challege to start my cousin is in one for august, I would really like to join so it can motivate me alittle more help with all the bad temptaions. I offically started my diet/work out reg on the fist so I am late but better late than never. I have been doing good so I am excited:wink: