August Day by Day Challenge (OPEN): 1 year anniversary!!!

Options
Hello everyone!

I cannot believe that I started this challenge a year ago! That's crazy. Thanks to everyone who kept it up and running when I fell off the horse and spent some time away!!

The idea of this thread is to set daily goals (usually around 3). This way if we mess up one day we can get right back up the next and start over. Mainly, we just support each other and keep in touch.

So feel free to introduce yourself and let us know your story! Here's to keeping healthy in August!!

I'm Nicole, 22 years old, and a college student. I go back at the end of the month and I know that's when the difficulty will really start in terms of staying healthy. I gained about 20 pounds since moving onto campus and I am now working on losing them. I also stopped dancing when I headed off to school and got severely out of shape so I'm working on building endurance and strength. I recently started training for a 5k and I can't wait for October when I know I will be able to run the WHOLE THING!!!

Hope to see some new faces this month as well as some wonderful returners!!

Nicole

Replies

• MissConfidence
    Options
    Bumpers thumpers
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Not sure how the last 2 days got away from me but they sure did. Yesterday morning I had great plans for the day and then my best friend called me and needed a ride back home. She is running the marathon for the same race that I am doing the half and yesterday was her 20 mile run. She waited too late to start and the heat got her at mile 10 and just couldn't take it any longer. So that threw my day way off, but I did get to spend a good part of the day with her and then an impromptu dinner with her, her husband and a mutual friend of ours and my husband at my house....which is always fun cause God always seems to multiply the food that clearly was barely enough to feed my husband and I. God is so good.

Today was my 12 mile run for the 1/2 marathon training and that took me 158 minutes.... 2 hours and 38 minutes. IT FELT GREAT! So, I figure that the race will take me 2 hours and 51 minutes....I will shoot for 2 hours and 45 and anything under that is just BONUS!!!! I know it is a horrible time, but I don't care, I just want to get the 1st one under my belt so I can say I am a racer!!!!LOL

Hope you all have a great AUGUST! I can't believe it is here already!.

August 1st goals
    1. Water....I have slacked off a bit and I can feel it!
    2. LAUNDRY put away......Is there anyone who wants to do this for me?
    3. Get menu made for August
    4. Get my finances squared away for the month!

The infection looks great, just a scab now and thanks to any of you who prayed for me.
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! I can't believe its been 1 year since this thread was started. I fell off for awhile but am trying to get myself back to where I need to be. My name is Beth and I'm an at home mom of 2. I'm actually looking to get back into the work force since my youngest will be starting kindergarden in 2 weeks.....YIKES!!! They grow up too fast!! I have a thyroid issue so I have more trouble losing the weight than I used to. I've held steady somewhere between 240 and 245 for over 5 yrs. Its where my body seems to want to keep me. I really want to get the weight down so I can finally convince my doctor that I really do need a breast reduction. I'm aiming to get down to about 180 and am hoping to get there within the next year. I was a part of this for awhile then the last few I've dropped the ball and lost sight of what was going on. I'm back and trying to get that ball back too:) LOL

Goals for Aug 1
    1. Eat healthy all day!
    2. Drink lots of water, will have crystal light in it but its a start since I've not been drinking nearly enough.
    3. Do some sort of exercise in the morning before I get started on cleaning my house.

Non-fitness related goals
    1. Clean living room
    2. Clean bathroom
    3. Sweep and Mop floors
    4. Work on laundry.

I've missed you all!! Hope you all have a good day! I will more than likely check back in at lunch time and see who all is here:)
  • frubjious
    frubjious Posts: 355
    Options
    Morning!

1 Year! Wow, that is impressive. It’s a wonderful thread and deserves to survive.

My name is Kim, I’ve been on this thread since October or November last year. I live in the UK. I come from a family of big eaters. It wasn’t a problem when I was studying sculpture and walked every where but then I learnt to drive and got a desk job! So I’m trying to lose the lbs that crept on and fight off the ones that were certainly to come. I am also maid of honour at my best friends wedding next month and want to be able to feel confident standing up in front of everyone (I know I’m not the one they’ll be looking at but my dress is *short!*:noway: ). Since joining this thread I’ve taken up running and I’m working towards running the Brighton Marathon next April.

I had a really productive weekend and I’m hoping to carry the momentum over into the week.

Monday’s Goals:

1. Under on calories
    2. Water
    3. Introduce my brother and his girlfriend to C25k
    4. Buy spray paint
    5. Check I've got enough bedding for people coming to stay this weekend.

Have a lovely day! See you tomorrow.
    Kx
  • Mommawarrior
    Options
    Kim, are you following a running schedule to prepare for the race in April?
  • frubjious
    Options
    Hi Momma,

I'm not yet but I will be. I had a problem with one of my hips a little while ago and its taken me a while to ease back into it. I've got an addidas Micoach pacer so I was going to use one of its training programmes. Did you have a good one you could recommend? I'm always on the look out for better solutions.

Kx
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Nicole, thanks for kick starting things this month! I'm also getting ready to run a 5k. Its less than 2 weeks away and I am uber excited about it. In fact, I'm headed out now to get a good run in!

August 1 (I can't believe its already August)
    1. run and meet w trainer.
    2. eat healthy all day (no more than 100g net carbs)
    3. finish laundry
    4. clean the kitchen
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I would like to join this group. I'm so close to reaching my goal, I can feel it and hope by the end of the year on reaching it, if not definitely by next summer, when hubby and I and the kids go to Florida for a vacation.

My name is Barb, I'm 27 years old and live in Indiana. I have 2 kids, an energetic 7 year old daughter, who we recently found out has ADHD and a 15 month old son, both keep me busy and sometimes we don't always eat the healthiest, we tend to grab the quickest, esp when we are out and about. When I first started MFP, I was 222 lbs and I'm currently sitting at 167 lbs. I would be happy going down to my weight when I was a senior in high school, which was 140, but my goal weight is 130ish. I'm a SAHM and my husband is a 3rd shift truck driver. Both of us are starting new goals for this month.....

So , here are today's goal:

Fitness goals:
    1. Bike ride
    2. Ab circle Pro
    3. Drink 8 glasses of water (I can usually get 6 in, that last one, kills me)

Non-Fitness Goals:
    1. Keep hubby motivated
    2. Organize the living area
    3. Get laundry put away
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Welcome back returners and welcome Barb! We are happy to have you!

Leela I didn't know you were 5k training!! And 2 weeks! That's exciting you'll have to let me know how it goes!

Well... I hit a gain on the scale this week. Darn. My body just does not seem to want me to hit 155. Every time I get close... gain. But I'm not giving up. I know I did poorly this weekend so back on track for me.

Goals:
    1. Water. Water. Water.
    2. Gym with some running and strength training.
    3. Healthy choices, log foods, and stay within calories.

I know they are the typical ones. haha But since I fell off the wagon its a good place to start.. Here we go...

Nicole
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Goals for July 30: (and 31)
    1. Water!!!--Yes and Yes!
    2. Exercise for 30 minutes.--Again, Yes and Yes!
    3.Track food and HEALTHY choices! (Stay away from the leftover pizza!)--Yes and Yes 9and stayed away from the pizza!)
    4. Watch the evening snacking.--Did REALLY good on this one!

Did not have time to post yesterday but I had a good day. Hope all of you had a great weekend!

I'm Kathy and I am 55 years young, I was doing well until I quit smoking and slipped a bit but now I am back on track. It was and is a struggle but I WILL NOT GIVE UP! I lost over 100 pounds before putting about 20 back on and now have between 40 and 50 to lose.
    I work part time at an outside lawn and garden center and that involves a lot of walking and a good bit of lifting, shifting, pushing and pulling, etc.
    I share a house in Western WA with my son (23) and my oldest daughter (21) and her family (BF and year-old baby). I have a 19 year old daughter who is living and going to school in TX.
    I make wire jewelry in my spare time and hope to sell it one of these days.

Nicole--Thanks for starting the new thread!

Momma--I'm SO glad the infection is healing! Take care of yourself.

Beth!--Good to see you back! You can do this--we ALL can do this!

Kim and Leela--Nice to see you both!

Welcome, Barb--This is a great thread and is really helping me get back on track!

Goals for August 1:
    1. Water.
    2, Exercise for 20 minutes.--Done.
    3. Track my food and make healthy choices.
  • Ravyn1982
    Options
    Goals for Aug 1
    1. Eat healthy all day!--Well I've done well so far but we just realized we don't have meat for everyone for dinner so we are going out and my son has requested Old Country Buffet. I'm gonna try to eat as healthy as possible which means lots of salad and no trip to the dessert bar!!! God help me be strong tonight!!
    2. Drink lots of water, will have crystal light in it but its a start since I've not been drinking nearly enough.--I've done pretty good on this so far today. Will keep it up for the rest of the night:)
    3. Do some sort of exercise in the morning before I get started on cleaning my house.--Found me a walk at home thingy on my On Demand and walked a mile in my living room this morning. My kids even joined me with it and thought it was a blast:) YAY for working together to be healthy.

1. Clean living room---I started but the tornado came thru while I was doing it....LOL...Happens everytime I start it looks worse for about a day then gets better when I finish:)
    2. Clean bathroom---Will have to get to that tomorrow.
    3. Sweep and Mop floors---nope
    4. Work on laundry.---yes and the reason why I didn't get to the other two, I broke a bottle while doing the laundry and ended up having to clean the laundry room floor instead of the other things.

Goals for Aug 2
    1. Water
    2. Eat healthy
    3. try to do the 2mile walk instead of the 1mile.

Non-fitness goals
    1. bathroon
    2. Laundry-still
    3. sweep and mops floors
    4. finish living room

Hi everyone!! Barb, I'm glad you joined this group! You'll like it here, these people are some of the best ever! I love them all dearly! :heart: I'm so happy my walking buddy is here:smile: I'm off here to go eat dinner. See you all again tomorrow sometime:)
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Goals for Aug 1
    1. Eat healthy all day!--Well I've done well so far but we just realized we don't have meat for everyone for dinner so we are going out and my son has requested Old Country Buffet. I'm gonna try to eat as healthy as possible which means lots of salad and no trip to the dessert bar!!! God help me be strong tonight!!
    2. Drink lots of water, will have crystal light in it but its a start since I've not been drinking nearly enough.--I've done pretty good on this so far today. Will keep it up for the rest of the night:)
    3. Do some sort of exercise in the morning before I get started on cleaning my house.--Found me a walk at home thingy on my On Demand and walked a mile in my living room this morning. My kids even joined me with it and thought it was a blast:) YAY for working together to be healthy.

1. Clean living room---I started but the tornado came thru while I was doing it....LOL...Happens everytime I start it looks worse for about a day then gets better when I finish:)
    2. Clean bathroom---Will have to get to that tomorrow.
    3. Sweep and Mop floors---nope
    4. Work on laundry.---yes and the reason why I didn't get to the other two, I broke a bottle while doing the laundry and ended up having to clean the laundry room floor instead of the other things.

Goals for Aug 2
    1. Water
    2. Eat healthy
    3. try to do the 2mile walk instead of the 1mile.

Non-fitness goals
    1. bathroon
    2. Laundry-still
    3. sweep and mops floors
    4. finish living room

Hi everyone!! Barb, I'm glad you joined this group! You'll like it here, these people are some of the best ever! I love them all dearly! :heart: I'm so happy my walking buddy is here:smile: I'm off here to go eat dinner. See you all again tomorrow sometime:)

Are you talking about that Leslie Sansone? I bought one of her DVD's at walmart...John and I do that all the time and we love it!
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Met all my goals today ... but my doctor said I need to take a break from running until I increase strength in my thighs and flexibility in all my muscles relating to my knees. Apparently the pain is tracking issues so my muscles are pulling my knee cap in all sorts of ways. But luckily, he said I should see improvements really fast if I do the exercises and stretches he gave me.

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow... my goals are the same... plus doing those exercises.

Nicole
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Fitness goals:
    1. Bike ride -Got a 2.45 mile ride in this evening
    2. Ab circle Pro -Doing it when hubby leaves for work
    3. Drink 8 glasses of water (I can usually get 6 in, that last one, kills me)-Got 10 in today!! :drinker: :bigsmile:

Non-Fitness Goals:
    1. Keep hubby motivated -So far so good
    2. Organize the living area -Got it half way done
    3. Get laundry put away-Done!

Goals for Aug. 2
    Fitness Goals:
    1. Bike ride
    2. Ab circle pro
    3.Drink 8 glasses of water
    4. Do one of my workout videos

Non-Fitness Goals:
    1. Finish cleaning the living area
    2. Put dishes away

Beth and Kathy-Thanks for the welcome!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    August 1 (I can't believe its already August)
    1. run and meet w trainer. YES, NO (SHE TXT ME AND TOLD ME SHE WAS SICK, WILL TRAIN WED THOUGH)
    2. eat healthy all day (no more than 100g net carbs) YES BARELY 98 NET CARBS
    3. finish laundry YES
    4. clean the kitchen YES

So I feel good about meeting my goals today. I think they were very obtainable and not too many as to feel overwhelmed.

August 2 goals:
    1. ab work
    2. run after daughter goes to art camp.
    3. stay hydrated all day.
    4. eat >100 net carbs
  • frubjious
    Options

Monday’s Goals:

1. Under on calories - Yes
    2. Water - Yes
    3. Introduce my brother and his girlfriend to C25k – No! They bailed but I did go running by myself.
    4. Buy spray paint - Yes
    5. Check I've got enough bedding for people coming to stay this weekend. – I knew there was one I forgot!

Leela – WTG!

Beth – Great to have you back!

Nicole – Hope your knee get better soon

Barb – Welcome! Well done on all the weight lost so far its really inspirational.

Kathy – Sounds like you’re doing brilliantly! Well done!

I did really well yesterday, got up early did 30DS then walked at lunch and ran in the evening. More of the same today please young lady.

Tuesday’s Goals:
    1. Under on calories
    2. Exercise: 30DS, Walk, & introduce brother & his GF to C25k
    3. Water
    4. Tidy up the living room before people arrive
    5. Check I've got enough bedding for people coming to stay this weekend

Have a great day!
    Kx
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Goals for August 1:
    1. Water.--Yes.
    2, Exercise for 20 minutes.--Done.
    3. Track my food and make healthy choices.--Yes and yes.

Had a good day. Didn't sleep well at all, though--disturbing dreams and woke up a lot. Now I feel like I could sleep for a week!

Goals for Aug.2:
    1. Water.
    2. Exercise for 20 minutes.--Done.
    3. Track my food and make healthy choices--esp. this evening at our neighborhood's National Night Out party!.
  • Mommawarrior
    Options
    August 1st goals
    1. Water....I have slacked off a bit and I can feel it! - Yes, but still not my usual gallon
    2. LAUNDRY put away......Is there anyone who wants to do this for me? - NO......DOES THIS REALLY SURPRISE ANY ON YOU?
    3. Get menu made for August - No
    4. Get my finances squared away for the month! - YES
    The infection looks great, just a scab now and thanks to any of you who prayed for me.

Frub, I like marathonrookie.com. They have 5K, 10K Half and Full schedules.

August 2
    1. Gallon of water
    2. 4 mile run
    3. Use my bonus coupons before the expire!!!!!
    4. LAUNDRY.....(why do I even try?)
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    all and all, not a bad day!
    August 2 goals:
    1. ab work YES
    2. run after daughter goes to art camp. NO, BUT I DID WALK TO THE MARKET AND I WILL RUN TOMORROW
    3. stay hydrated all day. YES
    4. eat >100 net carbs 76 NET CARBS! YES

August 3 goals:
    1. Run 3 miles, no zumba, training
    2. eat before and after workout.
    3. organize closet and dresser drawers
    4. go to bed at a decent time
  • Ravyn1982
    Options
    Goals for Aug 2
    1. Water-didn't do to bad on this but need to do better
    2. Eat healthy-did awesome on this today!!
    3. try to do the 2mile walk instead of the 1mile.-Well I didn't do the one on tv but I did go for a walk with Barb this morning:happy:

Non-fitness goals
    1. bathroon-done
    2. Laundry-still-still working on it lol but it is a never ending thing around here
    3. sweep and mops floors-nope
    4. finish living room-done

Goals for Aug 3
    1. walk at home thingy
    2. eat healthy(avoid the diet soda at my mom's)
    3. water water water

Non-fitness goals
    1. Do whatever it is I'm doing at my mom's tomorrow, I never know what she's gonna have me do but I can't complain since she pays me and feeds me while I'm there:smile:
    2. Get those floors done
    3. Clean my kids' rooms. Their floors need cleaned too so I should get it all done at once!

I'm off of here for the rest of the night, I'll check in on you guys sometime tomorrow:bigsmile: Night all:yawn: