August Day by Day Challenge (OPEN): 1 year anniversary!!!

Options

Replies

• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Goals for Aug. 9:
    1. Water!--MUCH better!
    2. Exercise for 20 minutes.--Yes.
    3. Eat clean and track my food.--Mostly and yes.

Got lots accomplished at work yesterday AND the weather was beautiful! I have today off and am meeting a friend for coffee in a couple of hours and then will get a little grocery shopping done. Need more fresh produce!

Goals for Aug. 10:
    1. Water.
    2. Exercise for at least 30 minutes.
    3. Eat clean and track my food.
  • Shanaedunn
    Shanaedunn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Thanks Ruri however the best laid plans are often out done by YES MONSOON RAIN!!!!LOL

I did get 33 minutes in before it began to thunder and lightening so I did get a partial....

So due to today being Bible Study there is no workout going on....

Goals for August 10

1. Stay in Calorie count A MUST
    2. Water a MUST MUST
    3. Do not go crazy because I am a daily weigher and the scale says I have gained since yesterday and I cant figure out the why...
    So when I do that it throws my whole day off and I try not to eat. So just be with me as I struggle on this issue! I want to lose more than I want to eat something wrong because I am angry at the set back which will upset me more and the cycle begins NOT THIS TIME!!!!

Be blessed ladies good luck on your goals! I would love some friends if anyone would like too.....

Shanae`
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Just came back to check all my goals off. Looks like I managed them all ! yippee!!
  • frubjious
    frubjious Posts: 355
    Options
    Wednesday:
    1. Under on calories - Yes
    2. Water - Yes
    3. At least 30 minutes exercise - Yes
    4. Clean the bathroom - No
    5. Tidy my bedroom - Some

Well getting better at the health stuff but I think it'll be a while before I start getting better at housework.

Thursdays Goals:
    1. Under on calories
    2. Water
    3. Run
    4. Clean the bathroom
    5. Tidy living room.

Have a lovely day!
    Kx
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    August 10th
    1. clean off carport if I can stand being outside. I think I will take my fan out there. - No......stayed inside!
    2. sweep and mop the bathrooms, kitchen and laundry room. - YES...THE HOUSE IS CLEAN!!!!!
    3. Clean the bathrooms - YES...THE HOUSE IS CLEAN!!!!!
    4 Drink a boatload of water and gatorade cause I am dehydrated! UGH - Drank a gallon of water and 60 oz of gatorade
    5. Type out a little note of encouragement I wrote last night for my friends' wedding - Got it started
    6. do some arm strength training. - No, life called instead. UGH

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Shanae, you need to throw your scales away. LOL Enjoy bible study!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Goals for Aug. 10

1. Ab Circle workout-Nope
    2. 8 glasses of H2O-Nope
    3. Clean either the dining area or bathroom.....:huh: and Nope

I don't know why I thought I would get something done yesterday....I had my son's dr appt in the morning and then my normal Wednesday running around and paying bills, ugh! Oh well, today will be better.

Goals or Aug. 11

1. Walking the zoo with the kids and a friend
    2. water, water, and water
    3. Healthy dinner tonight
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Goals for Aug. 10:
    1. Water.--Yes.
    2. Exercise for at least 30 minutes.--Yes, +.
    3. Eat clean and track my food.--Mostly and yes.

Had a nice day yesterday. Poked around in Michaels and got some colored jump rings for a pair of earrings and pendant I am making my DD for her birthday on Saturday. Also found some 3-D puzzles of famous buildings (ie: Empire State Bldg., Eiffel Tower) and I may give her one of those, too. Did LOTS of walking!

Shanae--it is normal for your body weight to fluctuate daily. Lots of things will influence it including how much water you drank, how much sleep you got, etc. That's why most people weigh weekly instead of daily. Hang in there and don't take what the scale says so seriously!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Goals for Aug. 11:
    1. Water.
    2. Exercise for 20 minutes.
    3. Eat clean and track my food.
  • Shanaedunn
    Options
    Good Morning!

Well today I am NOT the "heavy weight" I was yesterday! Thank you guys for the support and more for understanding where I am!

Today's Goals

1. Try to get in some type of Walking after my second bible study of the week
    2. Missed the calorie count by 24 yesterday so I have to do better today
    3. Complete list of what kids need for back to school, boys and girls club entry
    4. Finish my shopping list and month of meal plans for when children get back and school begins (this is in order to stay organized and ahead of myself) If I know a month worth of meals and grocerys are in the house then whats for dinner is a choice not a I need to go get it game.
    5. Begin to review my life goals and update what I have recently accomplished and push my focus to the next level

As a side note my lesson last night was on Failure and Success now how was that for right on time?

Have a blessed and encouraged day everyone I am right there with you! We can soooooo do this!

Shanae~ Your cheerleader (Who Knew?)
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    so much to do, so little time to do it ! I've already got a lot done. I got up extra early to do it!

but for the rest of the list

8/11 goals:
    1. return shoes, pick out a dif pair.
    2. wash atleast 2 loads of clothes
    3. run before 12
    4. open house @5
    5. zumba @ 7
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Gonna be out of the loop for several days. Hope you all have a great next several days!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Goals for Aug. 11:
    1. Water.--Yes.
    2. Exercise for 20 minutes.--No.
    3. Eat clean and track my food.--No and no.

It was a bad day yesterday. No real reason that I can find, either, just in a funk lately. It's hard to get myself moving. I'm sore and am going to just take it easy for today, if I can. If I feel better, I will exercise later.
    There's some kind of a bug going around so maybe I picked it up and this is the start of it. I hope not because it seems to be a nasty one!
    I'm SO glad it's Friday!

Goals for August. 12:
    1. Water.
    2. HEALTHY CHOICES!!!
    3. TRACK MY FOOD!!!
  • Shanaedunn
    Options
    Good Morning!

Okay I have a busy weekend of planning for the boys to come home so

1. Doing my 2 hour workout of 5 mile walk on Friday, Saturday and Sunday!
    2. Going to the Farmers Market and getting all needed meats for my list
    3. Complete the organinzing and cleaning of the house get up all the little things that are lying around in the wrong places
    4. Purchase my sons back pack
    5. Hopefully get my nails done!!!!
    6. REALLY WATCH MY FOOD this weekend....

These are my weekend goals. I will see you guys on Monday God Willing have a blessed weekend and good luck on all your goals!!!!!

Shanae`
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Well I still haven't stayed on top of things yet. I'm slowly trying to. I have found that everytime I go for a walk with Barb my ankle starts to hurt at the same point and today I pushed thru it and ended up with it feeling numb only on the outside from the knee down to my toes. I'm thinking that is a good sign I need to see the doctor about it.

Since its the weekend my goals are simple. Drink lots of water all weekend. Clean my house and do the laundry. Make sure I have everything for my daughter for school. She starts Kindergarden on Tuesday!! Last but not least, get my resume around and make sure its updated so I can go look for work next week. I'm not looking forward to that one but with her in school and no other kids here for me to take care of I'm gonna go crazy if I don't find a job at least part time. LOL

Hope you all have a good weekend:)
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Goals or Aug. 11

1. Walking the zoo with the kids and a friend-Done
    2. water, water, and water-Done
    3. Healthy dinner tonight-Done

Didn't get a chance to post my goals for today, but here they are now:

Goals for Aug. 12
    1. Walking with Beth-Yes!
    2. Water-Sadly, no!
    3. Log everything-Yes!

Goals for Aug. 13
    1. Water
    2. Make healthy choices
    3. Exercise for 30 mins
    4. Have some cuddle time with hubby
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Goals for August. 12:
    1. Water.--Yes.
    2. HEALTHY CHOICES!!! --Mostly.
    3. TRACK MY FOOD!!!--Yes.

Not as bad a day as I thought it would be. Did not get a workout in at home but kept the eating in check and got a lot of rearranging done at work so there was LOTS of walking involved.

Today will be tough. It is my DDs birthday and I think we are going to my brothers and possibly to my DDs company picnic. That means lots of riding in a car (not my favorite thing at the best of times) and little control over the food choices. I'll manage but I really just want to stay here and maybe go to the Farmers Market.

Goals for Aug. 13:
    1. Water.
    2. Exercise for at least 30 minutes.
    3. Portion control and just do my best.
  • sl1mmy
    sl1mmy Posts: 185
    Options
    Hi everybody!

MIAfor 2 weeks for depression flare-up after reducing pills. It wasn't my best move but I'm back on track with full dose. Starting again my day by day challenges.

Congratulation to those who are here for the year long !

challenges of the day: Its gonna be a long day, I'm invited for dinner at a friends place. We will have seafood lasagna, leek cream and fo sure a delicious desert. And, of course Beer and wine!

1 : have only a small serving of lasagna
    2: half portion desert
    3: three alcool drinks max
    4 : small lunch to save calories
    I will be happy if I get 2/4

see you tomorrow! :flowerforyou:
  • sl1mmy
    sl1mmy Posts: 185
    Options
    I'm back from my friend's place
    1 : have only a small serving of lasagna .......................yes
    2: half portion desert .............................................yes
    3: three alcool drinks max ........................yes
    4 : small lunch to save calories ...................yes
    I will be happy if I get 2/4
    So I got a 4/4

Even if it is a calories disaster I'm proud of me doing damage control.

tomorrow
    Back on track

1:Be under 1000 calories
    2: water 8 cups
    3: wake up before 9:30
    4: exercise 30 min.
    target is 3/4

see you tomorrow :flowerforyou:

Niki
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Things are slowly going back to normal now and I should be able to post my daily goals again. Its so good to see everyone staying committed to the goals they set. Or if we slip up, not to beat ourselves up over it because tomorrow is a new day.

Sunday 8/14's goals:
    1. wash the last load of clothes (so thankful DH helped me with the majority of the washing this week)
    2. comb my daughter's hair/ get her ready for first day of school
    3. zumba @2:30
    4. follow the meal plan
    5. stay hydrated.
    6. early bedtime.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Nicole, how's your 5k training going? I just completed my first 5k yesterday. My time was 38:30. I did jog the entire race, except for about 30 seconds. I told myself if I were to take a break, it can't be any longer than 30 secs. But I only needed on "break" as the course was pretty hilly, but I made up a lot of time/speed on the decline. I'll be entering another one soon, around Labor Day. I hope to be conditioned enough where I won't need any breaks either.
  • _Splenda_
    _Splenda_ Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A little late but goals for August

1.) drink 2 liters of water a day
    2.) complete 7 miles at least 5 times a week
    3.) eat a piece a fruit BEFORE i eat anything else. my motto, if you're TRULY hungry, you'll eat anything.
    4.) work my *kitten* off (no pun intended) to be in the BEST SHAPE OF MY LIFE before MIAMI!!!

Non-fitness goal:

1.) appreciate every insecurity
    2.) count my blessings
    3.) positive thoughts