Options
    :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    BUMPBUMP.gif
  • readyforyou
    Options
    water info! always good to know! lately i feel like a camel i just cant stop drinking water ALL DAY! is it true that too much water is bad?
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    water info! always good to know! lately i feel like a camel i just cant stop drinking water ALL DAY! is it true that too much water is bad?
    oh I think you'll probably hear that from time to time from someone who heard from some friend who heard from another friend who heard from someone who read it on the internet:huh: :noway: :laugh:

I'm sure there could be an issue if you drank it all in one sitting...it might make you sick

But for most of the rest of us...I think NOT drinking enough can be much more harmful and happen more often than od'n on water.

I didn't click to see your location but mysel living in the Winter States I definitely feel the very dry skin, very thirsty side effects now with the snow and all here.

FC:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    BUMPBUMP.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    BUMPBUMP.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    BUMPBUMP.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    BUMPBUMP.gif
  • cheryl1999
    Options
    Hello I have an anwer to too much water...I'm a kidney patient and my doctor told me to not drink any more that 80oz a day that's 10- 8oz cups a day...after that you start to pee out the good stuff that your body needs. Now if your exercising I'm sure you can up it to make up for what you sweat out, but I would stick to the old rule of 8 8oz glasses a day.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Hello I have an anwer to too much water...I'm a kidney patient and my doctor told me to not drink any more that 80oz a day that's 10- 8oz cups a day...after that you start to pee out the good stuff that your body needs. Now if your exercising I'm sure you can up it to make up for what you sweat out, but I would stick to the old rule of 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Thanks for the input...being a kidney patient like yourself would make all the difference in the world on input of many things I imagine.

What others docs have shared with me is the more you weigh the higher your water intake should be...I workout HARD and drink plenty of water to get back my fluids...just like anything we need to make our own decisions on what is working best for us..... I think I worry much more on folks that workout out and pass out because of lack of any water drinking during that time. Crazy how many folks workout for hours with not a drink of water...then only a sip after getting off the machine..YIKES:ohwell:

I believe that's more what this thread is about...making sure you're re-hydrating yourself and keeping healthy!!:drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:

This is a site that is not medically supervised so folks really need to chat with a doctor themselves if they feel any concerns...
  • tuxedo702
    Options
    "these pretzels are making me THIRSTY" who am I?

Elaine! (Do I win a prize?) :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    "these pretzels are making me THIRSTY" who am I?

Elaine! (Do I win a prize?) :laugh:
    nope:noway: ...because it would be Kramer who said that.... ohhhhhhh but so did George...:laugh: Too funny....I was wondering where the question came from so I had to scroll because it sounded hauntingly familiar...DUH....it was from me...silly silly me:blushing: :bigsmile:

Your prize for playing?? :flowerforyou: <~~ there ya go Debbie...a pretty flower just for you~!:wink::bigsmile:

OOPS!! :blushing: Everyone but Newman actually DID!! lol

fun video flashback!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRaLpHoZA8E
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :drinker:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I'm gonna get up to pee 5 times tonight
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :drinker:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I read through all of this. I am a water girl, love the stuff, I'm always telling people to quit pop,juice (my sister drinks lot) and drink more water.
    I don't drink before I run/walk outside for the very reason that's been talked about. But I drink lots when I get back. If I'm on the treadmill I drink as I get thirsty. In 45min it's usually about 16oz.

Now for the leaking issue if you haven't found an answer. Start doing Kegel exercises. Here is a link to the Mayo Clinic website to explain them.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/kegel-exercises/WO00119

Happy Drinking!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I'm gonna get up to pee 5 times tonight
    well?:laugh: 5 then? Just sayin...it does get better! I used to have to pee all the time too, now I sleep through the night and even drink a bottle before I hit the bed...once in a blue moon I wake up to pee ...was gonna say TMI? :laugh: But since that's the subject at hand...how can it be to much info!

So just know it won't last forever you body will become used to the water and LOVE it and every thing else will fall into place.

Now drinking water before you go to bed might not be for everyone but I've been a pretty good water drinker for quite along time. If I slow up my water drinking for too long I have to go through the same process of what everyone else does when they first start out... drink, pee, pee, drink, drink, pee, pee,pee, drink..ok, see where I'm going with this?

I think the key is not to drink your full day of water in one sitting, some folks that think they hate water want to get it over with but that could definitely not be a wise choise for a number of reasons.:noway:
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Wow, this water thing works! I brought a bottle with me when I did my elliptical and it TOTALLY kept my energy up
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Wow, this water thing works! I brought a bottle with me when I did my elliptical and it TOTALLY kept my energy up
    Isn't it absolutely amazing Phoenix!! Egawds I went to the gym the other day and somehow left my water bottle sitting here at home. OMG:sad: I thought I was gonna die, yea they have drinking fountains but sheesh...a nice bottle ready to grab at anytime is by far better than stopping a workout to go drink a sip .......so I make sure to ALWAYS double check for my bottle now...I'll probably never forget it again..but it was hell without that one day!:sad: :wink: :laugh: :noway:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    BUTTERFLYchasingsmiley.gif