Ideas for non-food rewards for losing weight?

Options
I've decided to implement a reward system for myself for losing weight, I have a few ideas, but I'd like to see what you guys can think of! Does anyone else do a reward system? If so, has it worked?
Some of my ideas:
- curling iron
- makeup
- purse
- teeth whitening
- perfume
- massage
- clothes (the last one, of course)

Replies

• harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    pedicures!
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Mine is a drivers' licence/passport photo update and half way.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    I'm also a big fan of the mani-pedi, or try a facial. New shoes perhaps?
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    For keeping on track and working out regularly, I would download new music for my ipod. For weight loss, I bought new workout clothes and shoes - that was for each 25 pounds. When I lost 100, I bought myself a new grill since mine was falling apart.
  • CatharinaC
    Options
    A massage :)
    Trail ride in the mountains
  • Hollie55
    Hollie55 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    For me -
    Mani & Pedi
    Facial
    Horse trek
    Shoes
    Clothes
    New hairstyle & colour
    A kindle
    Shoes, Shoes & more shoes :)
    Also for the mini goals some nice bath stuff, moistourises, body washes
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I have been buying a little cutesy inexpensive charm for my bracelet every 5 lbs Iost...that way I am giving myself something plus I get to be reminded of WHY every time I wear the bracelet.
  • bkweibel
    bkweibel Posts: 77
    Options
    My 20 pound goal reward is brand new makeup. I am going to get the works: eyeshadow, mascara, eye liner, lipstick, etc. I have avoided makeup because I didn't want people to notice me, but once I hit that 20, that will be a HUGE success for me and I want to celebrate it with the world!!!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Mani, pedi
    massage
    new clothes
    NEW SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Spray tan
    New makeup
    haircut
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    For me it is just looking in the mirror and actually liking what I see. No material reward could ever beat that!
  • JCPruitt
    JCPruitt Posts: 53
    Options
    A vacation (a real one)
    Dinner at your favorite restaurant
    a make-over
    a weekend trip
    Do you have hobbies? Have you been wanting anything for them that you have been putting off?
    A special outfit--for me, it would be a new hockey sweater
    Tickets to a concert/activity you really want to go to.
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a massage/facial deal from groupon for when I lose 25 lbs. I'm 1lb away and made my appts.

incentives:
    facial
    pedi
    massage
    new book
    make up
    perfume
    bath and body stuff
    new bras!!!!
    new undies

I think it's fun to get treats for ourselves for working so hard, and important, too.
  • AJDistel
    AJDistel Posts: 93
    Options
    I do. Here's some of the ideas I have.

- Makeup
    - Nail polish
    - $20 to spend at Goodwill/ Thrift Store
    - Shoes
    - work out clothes
    - Movie night with my hubby
    - Something I want for the house
    - Hair product
    - Cheap Jewelry
    -Mani
    -Pedi

When I hit big goals I plan on getting new outfits, Fancy (healthy) dinner out, ultimately a new wardrobe.
  • ceeshelman
    Options
    Time doing nothing productive.
    Facial.
    Pedicure.
    New hair style.
    Watch trashy, meaningless TV.
    Send yourself flowers.
    Take a day off from work.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    The ones I've already got (go me!!) for reaching minigoals are a HRM and a new scale for bathroom and kitchen.

The ones I'm aiming for now are: kindle, new runners, manicure, and the two big ones - a cruise and a new wardrobe full of clothes.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    A professional photo shoot session (major goal).
    A kitten or puppy (major goal).
    A really good coffee from a fancy cafe (minor progress).
    A sum of money that you get to give to your choice of charity instead of spending on bills and ordinary things (e.g. "if I don't stick to my diet this week, I'm depriving the local pet shelter of $10"!)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I'd been thinking I might ask for an anniversary trip to vegas but then I realize that I'm not gonna want to buy a cute new dress to go out in or anything because I'll want to wait until i'm close enough to my goal weight to buy a dress in that size. So maybe a birthday trip.

But the satisfaction of looking LESS fat is immeasurable, not to mention all the NSVs - I look forward to planking for a minute straight (did 35 seconds yesterday) and doing a real vertical pull up without the machine helping me, and today when I was in the gym I noticed the line of my back looks pretty good from the side so if I can just lose that pudge in the middle I will feel gooooood about it.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    The ones I've already got (go me!!) for reaching minigoals are a HRM and a new scale for bathroom and kitchen.

The ones I'm aiming for now are: kindle, new runners, manicure, and the two big ones - a cruise and a new wardrobe full of clothes.

Dang you reminded me I really want an HRM..... and a new kindle (my old one isn't doing so good) but then again I barely have time to read anymore because the working out is taking a lot of that time.
  • prettyash76
    Options
    Clothes, mani and pedi, perfume and makeup
  • xMissAprilx
    xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    New Hairstyle (cut & color)
    Get my nose or labret repierced (maybe)
    Tattoo
    Mani/Pedi
    New Outfit

Not in that order...just a few ideas I have been thinking about.