Ideas for non-food rewards for losing weight?

Options

Replies

• DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I have been buying a little cutesy inexpensive charm for my bracelet every 5 lbs Iost...that way I am giving myself something plus I get to be reminded of WHY every time I wear the bracelet.

I love this idea :)
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Manicure and pedicure has def got to be on the list - I always put diamonds on mine!!! Sparkle!!!

Pamper of eyebrow and eyelash tint - And I get my brows threaded

Waxing....Arms, Legs, Bikini

A nice spray tan??? Makes you look like you've just come back from paradise

Also a sexy little short dress...... Show off that weight loss girl.... Good luck...S x
  • onyx1972
    onyx1972 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    When I hit my goal weight I am giving myself a tattoo and when I get to halfway, I am getting a boxing membership because I love that so much.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    For me it is just looking in the mirror and actually liking what I see. No material reward could ever beat that!

this
  • blisser99
    blisser99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have a workout tips jar. I hate exercising... So every time I exercise I put a $1 in the jar. Once I have lost all the weight I will have money to buy my new wardrobe! The mini goals in between I have given myself exercise related items. The last item I got was a HRM. Before that I got little weights. My next prize will be Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. After that I think I will go for new shoes or a new workout pants.
    The mani/pedi sounds awesome as well.
  • OliveRiver
    OliveRiver Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I kind of have my entire reward system centered around the cruise that hubby and I will be going on in May.

-1 month membership to tanning bed
    -mani/pedi
    -new tattoo
    -new piercing
    -have my split ends trimmed

And maybe some new clothes.
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I always find it amusing that, on threads like this nobody ever mentions *kitten* ;-)

Go and wash your mouth out with soap!!! No-one around here does anything like that :laugh:

Apparently it burn off quite a few calories, depending on how hard you have to work. Also sex with others burns quite a few, depending on how skilled your lover is.

Female orgasm = 50 calories burned
    Female faking an orgasm = 500 calories burned
  • 8Sam12
    8Sam12 Posts: 61
    Options
    I'm putting my goals at the different weights I want to reach. I really don't want much as I buy clothes/have clothes bought for me as needed, and always get earrings for birthday/chrismas and don't wear any other jewellery. I wish I did because I really love the charm bracelet idea. I do have a Troll beads charm bracelet that I occasionally wear but beads are really expensive.
    I started at 95kg so my goals are:

85kg - ??? (ideas? Maybe I should get some beads for the bracelet?)
    75kg - outer conch piercing (this is the weight that I won't be overweight anymore!!!)
    65kg - place an order at my favourite website for more mugs/coasters/etc (temptationgifts.com) (this is my ultimate goal)

Also, I'd have goals at 90/80/70 as well if I could think of something cheap that I want but right now, I can't ...
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Pedicures
    New Running Shoes
    New Workout attire
    New shoes in general - my feet shrunk!
    New jeans
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Funnily enough, I don't give myself rewards.

For me, seeing that scale move is the reward.

I get a printout from the machine in the sports centre. I keep all my printouts and I LOVE to take them out and just look at them and compare them. So I guess that is my reward!
  • cameronburns1982
    cameronburns1982 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If I can lose 5 stone by the time I go on holiday in October, I'm treating myself to a new tattoo.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have been buying a little cutesy inexpensive charm for my bracelet every 5 lbs Iost...that way I am giving myself something plus I get to be reminded of WHY every time I wear the bracelet.

I got a nice bracelet with a heart charm when I lost the first 10 pounds. And a new charm for each 10 pounds lost. But mine are nice sterling silver charms...this will be an expensive bracelet by the time I reach my goal but I love, love, love it. I now have 5 charms and wear the bracelet every day. It's a great reminder and the charms make me smile.
  • exquisitecadavre
    Options
    Every pound I use I put 10 dollars in a jar....

But, I have rewards such as photo shoot, cyber goth outfit, new hair color, horse back riding lessons again, a new piercing, and the like. =]
  • seif0068
    seif0068 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Stick a $1 or $5 bill in a jar for each pound lost as a way to save up throughout the process! Wish I would have done this...I'd have 100 bucks by now!!!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Every time I really want to go out to eat but make a conscious decision to cook at home I put $20 in my vacation jar.

I like the idea of putting in $1 every time I work out! For me, that would be another $16-24 a month! Thanks for the idea!

I feel like it has to be something I wouldn't normally do. For me, I have to buy new sneakers and clothes anyway so they're not much of a reward, unless it's something special. Hmmm.... I'll have to think about this more and come up with some ideas!

motorcycle gear
    light-weight jacket
    boots
    chaps
    electronic stuff
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Mini Rewards - clothing and lingerie periodically

First Major Milestone Reward - New Motorcycle leathers

Goal reward - had the girls restored to previous glory

Looking and feeling wonderful - PRICELESS!!!!!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I like bath and body lotions, pedicures, massages, clothes, etc. but I also like to reward myself with trying new things and buying new fitness equipment. For example, I just went on a weekend to learn to cross-country ski and then I also took a pole dancing class. I also bought new microspikes for winter hiking and am going to get a new camera so I can do some photography while I'm out running and hiking. Buying new exercise videos or workout shoes is always a good motivator, too.
  • Bangaranga
    Options
    Buying more nailart things! :D It's a good way to spend 30 minutes, and your nails look amazing. These are some of the ones I've tried: http://lifeplansandallthat.tumblr.com/post/44167548721/non-food-rewards

I find it gives me something to focus on, and the manual task helps take my mind off cravings. Buying the stuff makes me feel like I've indulged the retail urges and then having the nails all gorgeous and beautiful makes me feel happy. And the compliments you get on them are just so inspiring and motivating. x
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    Early on I rewarded myself for days logged (I feel it's more mentally healthy, at least for me, to focus on sticking with it rather than obsess about the weight). I tended to pick things that I wanted but really could not justify purchasing for myself. Like a $250 handmade wooden yarn ball winder (if you're a knitter, you understand...). And a Kindle Paperwhite even though I already have a Kindle touch and it's not much different but I wanted it anyway.

I've been at it so long now it's just what I do, and I don't really need to bribe myself to keep going. Just not breaking my days logged streak is reason enough!
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Every time I really want to go out to eat but make a conscious decision to cook at home I put $20 in my vacation jar.

i really like your idea- must implement at home!!