Ideas for non-food rewards for losing weight?

Options

Replies

• MisScorpio
    Options
    my reward is new clothes. Also being able to walk, climb stairs etc with out dying. All the benefits of weight loss are my rewards :happy:
  • rosieraven
    rosieraven Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My major goal incentives are: more tattoos, and smaller clothes. Also, I did pictures with my daughter for her 15 month photos, and I felt like such a cow--so I refuse to be in her pictures again until I don't feel like Jaba the Hut with a wig. >.<
  • Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My goals and rewards are:

SW 147
    1st goal 139 - new earrings (goal met)
    2nd goal 134 or 135 - new purse
    3rd Goal 129 or 130 - I don't know yet
    4th goal 124 or 125 - don't know yet
    5th goal 120 - don't know
    Final Goal 119

There are some good ideas listed on here. Rewards I'm thinking about: new HR monitor, tiffany earrings, new dress that I have my eye on (that I think is too expensive), new birkenstocks, teeth whitening, French lessons, tennis lessons, maybe a kindle, perfume but I don't know what kind.

I need to decide if I prefer the mini goals on 5 and 10 marks or right under at 4s and 9s. I'm thinking 4 and 9s will be much more incentive. I think I can get stagnant on the 5s and 10s.

Also, I am finding, the incentives work much better for me if my reward is something kind-of frivolous, something I feel guilty buying. If its not, then I would have already bought it.
  • angelface041206
    Options
    10 pounds~ $20 to spend on books
    20 pounds~ A mani/pedi
    30 pounds~ a camping trip
    40 pounds~ highlights in my hair
    50 pounds~ Romantic horse back riding with Hubby
    60 pounds~ Spa day, massage, etc
    70 pounds~ tatoo
    80 pounds~ weekend trip to Charleston
    90 pounds~ $400 on clothes
    100 pounds~ a cruise
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 45 lbs, and I know that small rewards will help me...I bumped them up for the more I lose, hoping to keep myself interested!!

5 lbs - New earrings (jumpstart/tester)
    10 lbs - Bath and Bodyworks stuff
    20 lbs - Manicure
    30 lbs - Massage
    35 lbs - Tanning package
    40 lbs - Family photos (with pro photographer)
    45 lbs - 2 new pairs of jeans and 2 new tops (GOAL!)

If I so happen to lose 50 lbs (do-able but not completely necessary), I'm planning a trip back to Jamaica :]
  • katpatoneill
    katpatoneill Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I only have four major ones, since I feel like I really don't want much. I just spaced them out for my 10 pound loss rewards. Since I was 170 a month ago my next will be 160, which I want to grab a new water bottle. 150 brings me this cool workout shirt I saw on a website, while 140 is a pair of Nike Pros and 130 is a new pair of sneakers.
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    - makeup- I've already picked a Tom Form lipstick, which I couldn't normally justify
    - Clarisonic Mia @ 10% loss
    - Getting my engagement ring on-probably @ 15% loss, not sure when for wedding ring as its even smaller
    - Makeup lesson.
  • juggler78
    juggler78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have focused my rewards on changing my lifestyle rather than results, that way i have a definate time when i'm either going to get it or not and i'm also learning healthy habits regardless that i will more easily integrate into my life without further reward. for example if you starve yourself you will lose 10lb quickly but chances are you will put it back on just as quickly. rewards have to be something you find rewarding but i would suggest something you wouldn't normally have. Eg. if you get a mani pedi every week then it's not really rewarding to "treat" yourself to one. you must also not cheat and get it anyway even if you didn't succeed as that defeats the purpose of rewarding yourself. hope that helps.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I reward myself for meeting fitness and weight goals. My rewards aren't big or extravagant and often they are things I would buy anyway. For example, I just got a pink nail polish for completing my first big trail run. I could buy a nail polish any day, but when I see this pink on my toes It reminds me of what I've accomplished. It's amazing how much more special that little nail polish seems because I earned it.
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I always find it amusing that, on threads like this nobody ever mentions *kitten* ;-)
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I always find it amusing that, on threads like this nobody ever mentions *kitten* ;-)

Hehe. Well, that's a given in my rewards system.

Ok...I like to give myself fitness-related presents here and there. I find they keep me motivated and on track. I've given myself stuff like various fitness-related books, new kettlebells, workout clothes, new sneakers, etc....a HRM is on my list. Stuff like that.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    A new woman!

No wait..........I'd have to get rid of my wife first. That isn't going to work, can't shift her with a crowbar.

A new guitar then.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options

Go and wash your mouth out with soap!!! No-one around here does anything like that :laugh:
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    First 14 lb - new fitness gear (clima top/trousers)
    21 lb - new shoes - real f*** off ones!:tongue:
    28lb - eyebrows done properly (for first time since 19 - it HURT too much:ohwell: )
    35lb - new bras from Rigby and Peller - I know they will cost a couple fo hundred quid (each!) but I'll have saved that on cheese by then:laugh:
  • SugarBoomBoom
    Options
    New underwear
    Make up
    New gym clothes/trainers
    Nail varnish
    A book about personal development
    Candles
    Incense
    New clothes/shoes
    Jewellery/accessories
    A day clearing out your old "fat" clothes
    Music/singing lessons

Oh yes and REVENGE on my sister (who incidentally is fatter than me) for saying very loudly at a family gathering " and here comes Miss Roly Poly" when she knew I was trying to lose weight. I am going to strut around in front of her looking hot with my bad self and rub her nose in it. Mwahahahahaha! Oh ...... did I say that out loud.......:tongue:
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this has been said, but a friend of mine rewarded herself with a professional photo shoot to mark her progress. She hired a photographer and the pictures are beautiful. Might be a good reward, especially if you were camera shy while overweight.
  • Indygirl_81
    Indygirl_81 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Definitely pedicures, new work out shoes, new HRM, new outfit.... anything that makes you feel good (other than food) would be a good reward!
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I haven't read any replies so forgive me if I am repeating anyone.

Are you married/seeing someone? How about a date night? You could go bowling or ice skating or mini golfing. Make it a special night where you go do something that you would not normally do on a date.
  • A01fe
    A01fe Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm getting a belly button piercing once I've got a flat stomach :)
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'll just be thrilled to know no one can describe me as their fat friend.

What I'm really looking forward to is a trip to the Smokeys.

SHOES!

Some of those cute one-size bohemian dresses. I'll be able to fit into them and have them look good for many pounds lost.

At goal, a pair of expensive jeans from my favorite boutique.

A new tatoo.

I live near the beach, so I want a flattering new swimsuit, without a skirt on it.