AUGUST Move Your *kitten* Challenge!!!!!

Options

Replies

• smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Another 2 miles added yesterday.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    2 miles this morning. Ticker updated.
  • smurfette75
    Options
    3.5 miles done on the elliptical today, raining outside so I couldn't walk. I really want to get a run in the weekend. Depending on weather (Irene is coming).
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Another 5.25 miles this morning!
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    "[/quote]
    QUOTE"Hills are NEVER fun unless you are heading down:wink: but I ride some on my route everytime! It would be awesome to just cruise on a 15 mile stretch of flat surface then turn around and come back!!! I know I would ride farther IF my rode was less hilly and our Montana hwys were a little wider (for bike use)!
    You are an awesome biker!! I was telling my husband that I should take a real bike riding lesson cuz I have always ran or speed walked for cardio until my back started messing up!!! Biking is sooooo much better on my knees and back!! You know getting old really sucks!!!:wink:
    Have a great challenge wrap up!!!!"
    [/quote]

I am fortunate to be able to ride on a bike path that runs along the river. Its pretty flat. Long hills just kill me! There is one century ride that we love. It goes from Greeneville to Genesse in Northern CA. 62 miles round trip and just one roller after another. Its a blast and just enough of a hill that I feel it but not enough to wear me out. I have knee and back issues too. I would love to run but there's no way. Yeah getting old is not for cowards! I also do aikido which, surprisingly has been good for my back. Something about being thrown to the floor repeatedly and rolling...beats me.
    Thanks, you too. I'm gonna bust the top off this thing. Got a 40 mile ride coming up on Saturday, so I'll definitely go over. I'm shocked actually!

exercise.png
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    2 more miles for me from the gym last night.

Going to take the kids to an amusement park tomorrow.... taking my toys so I can calculate my distances / cals etc... and packing my OWN food... fruits / veggies and lots of bottled water!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    7.46 miles this morning. 6.11 on the bike and 1.35 on the arc trainer.

exercise.png
  • janana021
    Options
    3.43 miles down ;0)
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    My Ticker is updated.
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Went 14.05 km on my elliptical today.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Got up to ride my bike this morning and it doe not get light enough till 5:45 and I have to be on the rode for work by 6:30 so I did not and will not be able to do morning rides. After work, I am so darn tired but I MADE myself go ride 4.75 miles and once again I was blessed with high wind gust's so it made the job seem even harder!!! I WILL persevere!!!!!
  • megsaroo
    megsaroo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    4.2 this afternoon! I need 4 miles a day for the next 6 days. As long as I don't skip a day - I think I can do it!!!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    4 mile walk/jog and upper body today. WOOHOOO
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    4.2 this afternoon! I need 4 miles a day for the next 6 days. As long as I don't skip a day - I think I can do it!!!
    I think ya can too!!! Go girl!!!!
  • jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Still Movin'. Kinda getting worried for next month, given the bar I'm setting for myself this month :ohwell:
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    Hey girls :smile:

Have you seen or signed up for the September Tribal Challenge? I am forming a team of 9 more committed, strong,

willing to kick it up in September women to join me. We will be called "Anju Warriors"

a Indian female name meaning Blessings; Inconquerable.

If your interested please PM me. Take a look the challenge is starting real soon!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/317595-september-tribal-challenge-1000-people-5000-pounds

Jorden
  • TracyMT
    TracyMT Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    ticker updated
  • smurfette75
    Options
    two more miles added today
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Signature is updated!
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Five miles this morning, my longest run to date. Ticker updated.