August Cycling Challenge: 150 miles, 1 month

Options
zornig
zornig Posts: 336 Member
This is month #2 of the Cycling Challenge. Many of us set our own goals for the month, but 150 is a good place to start for someone who's getting started and wants encouragement. Feel free to set your own goal in terms of mileage, but make sure to check in regularly so we can congratulate each other on achieving those goals.

My goal for this month is 450 miles. Good luck everybody!

Replies

• ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Wow ... 450 miles! That's awesome. I'm down for trying for the 150 ...
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Right!!!

I'm up for this this month, I didn't quite get there last month (think I did 138!) but I am determined that I will get there in August!!

Count me in - do we just update on this thread as we go? I will prob do it weekly and I will have it on my signature trackie as well :smile:
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    Last month I logged 140 miles.
    I think 150 is a reasonable goal for me.
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    wow 450 awesome.....i just ended july with 117.5(they're spinning miles does it count?)...im up for the challenge
  • Pam3
    Options
    wow 450 awesome.....i just ended july with 117.5(they're spinning miles does it count?)...im up for the challenge
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options

If it involves wheels, pedals, and miles, it counts! At least in my book.
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    I am in for 250 this month. I did 323 in July, but was on vacation which gave me more flexibility and time to ride. Work it starting to pick back up, so I'd be happy if I hit the 250 mark. Good luck everyone!

-Dave
  • mattellis2
    mattellis2 Posts: 152
    Options
    tag to update later! :)
  • llbird
    llbird Posts: 51
    Options
    New bike will be ready on Wednesday. What kind of device are you all using to measure the miles you're riding? Just looking for something inexpensive until I can get the bike mount part for my Garmin FR60 which may be a while to order here in Canada.
  • mattellis2
    Options
    i've been using this for a few days. distance calculated seems to be pretty close to my bike's computer.

http://www.mapmyride.com/my_home/
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I rode 18.5 miles this morning, for a total of 18.5 miles for August. My goal for the month is 750 miles.
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I kind fo spit between running, biking and swimming. I am training for a mini triatheon (first one that I am doing alone...prevously was the biking leg of a team) in about 3 weeks. So, I will shoot for the 150 mi.

Today I did 11.36miles. Total on ticker below.
  • Somnifac
    Somnifac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm in. 600+ miles this month.
  • Pam3
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Pam3
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I'm in. 600+ miles this month.

Now you're just showing off...
  • mattellis2
    Options
    18.4 miles in 71 minutes for me tonight.
  • TDSeest
    Options
    I rode 18.5 miles this morning, and 15.75 miles tonight, for a total of 34 miles for the day.

Good riding, everyone else...
  • CDGolden
    CDGolden Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    New bike will be ready on Wednesday. What kind of device are you all using to measure the miles you're riding? Just looking for something inexpensive until I can get the bike mount part for my Garmin FR60 which may be a while to order here in Canada.

If the FR60 is simply a watch and you want to mount it to the bike vs. wearing it on your wrist, you can get the foam insulation for water pipes which will fit nicely around your handle bars and then mount the watch to it.
  • TDSeest
    Options
    Short ride this morning; only 9 miles. 44 for the month. Have to head to the hospital two hours away where my dad has been hospitalized, after he went into shock from hemorrhaging last night. They will try to determine the cause today. This will probably effect my riding schedule for the month...