Replies

• bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    15.85 mi today. Ticker updated below
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    16.75 Miles this morning before work. Hoping to get another 15 or so in tomorrow to get my miles up.

Today's miles put me at 46.33 for the month. 203.7 to go for the month of August to hit my goal of 250

-Dave
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Road 14 miles this afternoon. 135 miles for the month. Hope to ride again tonight.

Great riding everyone...
  • mattellis2
    mattellis2 Posts: 152
    Options
    20.4 more for me tonight. just over 100 for this week. for you guys that are saying 5,6,700 or 1000 miles this month...i don't know how you do it...time wise or how you have the energy. i'm pooped!
  • carbonboy
    carbonboy Posts: 729
    Options
    20.4 more for me tonight. just over 100 for this week. for you guys that are saying 5,6,700 or 1000 miles this month...i don't know how you do it...time wise or how you have the energy. i'm pooped!

Bike commuting to work is the only way I can do it. Gives me about 180 Monday-Friday plus about 80-100 on the weekend. And yes, I'm tired all the time.
  • JonoK
    JonoK Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Glad to see my brain-child has grown into something much bigger then I ever imageined it. Keep those pedals moving!
  • TDSeest
    Options
    Road 18 miles this morning; total of 153 miles for August...
  • TDSeest
    Options

I'm fortunate, in that I only go into the office 2 or 3 days during the week. I budget riding 15 miles on the days I go into the office, which is 62 miles each way (so I can't ride it), and then I'm budgeting 30 miles a day on the days where I stay home. I usually ride twice on the days that I stay home. It all adds up.
  • TDSeest
    Options
    Glad to see my brain-child has grown into something much bigger then I ever imageined it. Keep those pedals moving!

Yes it has...
  • jewelstam
    jewelstam Posts: 25 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    16.1 for today..total for week 89.5:flowerforyou:
  • TDSeest
    Options

exercise.png

You are on track to get there; keep it up...
  • TDSeest
    Options
    16.1 for today..total for week 89.5:flowerforyou:

Cool. Keep it up.
  • carbonboy
    carbonboy Posts: 729
    Options
    Had a good weekend and was able to get just over 100 miles on Sat/Sun.

Week 1 Total = 233

I'll need to do a little extra over the next three weeks for falling behind.
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I will be running as well, so I probably won't accumulate much more than 150 miles this month.

exercise.png
  • Somnifac
    Somnifac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm in. 600+ miles this month.

Now you're just showing off...

No, not really. Just setting a goal just like everyone else. And 600 is nothing compared to dude doing 1000. I live literally .33 miles from my office. Bike commuting adds nothing for me...

August week 1 total: 165 miles.
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    16.54 miles tonight - quite humid out and very windy, made for an interesting ride. I've been doing "road biking" with my mountain bike since I started my weight loss mission here. I am looking to upgrade to a road bike, but probably won't happen before it gets cold. I plan on joining my brother on the Pan Ohio Hope Ride for cancer research (this year was 328 miles in 4 days) as my brother completed this event last weekend. Need a new bike if I want to do that for sure!!

Total miles for August = 62.9..........187.1 miles to go for my goal of 250!
  • llbird
    llbird Posts: 51
    Options
    Logging 13 miles. Nothing too unusual for this group but it was my first real ride as I'm just getting started!!!!

I wrote on anther thread: Took the bike out today with DH for my first 'real ride.' Earlier in the week I just went around my neighborhood. Turns out I didn't understand how the gearing system works and was riding around in 15th gear instead of 5th gear on relatively flat areas!embarassed I was wondering why it was so hard to pedal, just assumed I was really out of shape, lol. Sorry, that must sound very lame to the seasoned riders out there but I'm over 50 years old and only had a basic bike as a kid. I thought I underdstood it, but add traffic, gravel on the road and a healthy dose of fear and it was all a bit confusing at first.

So, we went out today for a 13 mile ride or so. Took our time and some breaks (saddle soreness even with good bike shorts). It went so well! I was blessed with perfect weather: not too hot, a bit of a breeze, pretty good traffic-wise given it was early Sunday. We took the long way home, a back country road with agricultural fields and beautiful scenery. Scores of bicyclists were headed the other direction, seemed to be some sort of race going on. Best part was that I was outside and loved it! Already thinking about when we can go again!bigsmile
  • dmeyne
    dmeyne Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    27 hilly miles this morning. Back to work tomorrow, hope I can find time to ride the next 130 miles to meet my goal!
  • TDSeest
    Options
    Great riding everyone…

Road 18 miles tonight; total of 171 miles for August.