BIggest Loser Challenge - The Unstoppable Panthers (closed g

Options

Replies

• gsterlingdiva02
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Hope you had a wonderful week! I have Tom just visiting and had a huge PMS: that was not easy to stop myself snacking. I still managed to lose a pound (don't really know how that's happen).

@gsterlingdiva: when can also set up our own challenges. I want to start looking at my sugar but I have such a great path to do, I don't wanna make this an "official" challenge, haha! You can do the same with water.

Hope the weigh in goes well and don't forget to report to Tina. Consistency will have us to win this!!

GO TEAM U.P. !!! (Love that one)
    I need to work on my sugar intake on a daily basis as well!
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Ok, I just sent in my stats... Slow week.. Lost 0.8 pounds and not change in measurements... I have had a couple big weeks, so I will take this one and be proud... I met my challenges, and exercised 330 minutes...

Wanted to see what everyone thinks of next weeks challenge.. I just saw posted that the challenge is that we NOT eat our exercise calories.. I'm just not sure about this one.... I think it's healthy to eat some of our exercise calories and it took a long time for me to get to that point.... I am currently set on my settings to lose 1.5 pounds a week and that gives me 1270 calories... I'm thinking of changing that to 1 pound per week and that will put me up to just over 1500 calories, which is usually over what I eat.. So I guess I would be incorporating my exercise calories in my reg calories.... My goal is 1 lb per week, but I have it set at 1.5 because I don't want to allow myself 1500 calories PLUS exercise calories.... Is that cheating??? I just know I can't exercise like I am and live on 1270 calories, but I don't want to let the team down either...Thoughts please........

On a similiar note... 2 things I do need to challenge myself to do is cut back on sugar and continue to drink 10 cups of water a day... I think too much sugar is why I didn't lose as much this week..
  • Charlotte012
    Charlotte012 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

Congrats everyone on this AMAZING work you're all doing! I am very proud to be part of our team.

About next week's challenge of not eating back our exercice calories: just want to say that I am not doing it. I personnally don't think this is healthy (you might disagree) and I believe we should set up our own challenge for this week. What about looking after our suger? It seems like an issue for a lot of us.

I am sorry if you believe this is a good challenge and that's will put us down on the rankings. We were 1st last week and I know we are the best team anyways so... :P
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I'll go along with the team. Since I can't work out much right now anyway I don't have many calories to eat back. I don't monitor sugar right now but I probably should so I'm game for that. :happy:
  • ardeornellis
    Options
    I just posted to the main site and I'm not going to participate in the challenge either. I could change my goal, but really it's a matter of principle. It took me a LONG time to get it through my head that I need those calories I earn from exercise to be healthy.. Maybe it enough people voice concern she will reconsider the challenge.. Either way, I respect her decision as she has worked so hard ont this challenge to all of our benefit! So... as for our challenge....What say you fearless leader??? Sugar and water....and how do we want to qualify it???

Yall are SUPER and we are ROCKIN IT!!!! Looks like everyone had a great week! Here's to another one!
  • Charlotte012
    Options
    Hello team!

So our U.P. challenge will be :

- Drink at least 8 cups of water on a rest day
    - Dring at leat 10 cups of water on a workout day
    - AND set up your own max. intake of sugar.

When it comes for sugar, I'm conflicted because MFP doesn't allow us to see the difference between natural sugar (in fruits) and processed (or added) sugar. I know the WHO says we should not eat more than 10% of processed sugar (about 50g for a 2000 cal/day diet) each day but nutritionists says it's still a lot. And I don't know of any number when it comes to "sugar" in general.
    So personally, I'll eat no more than 10g of sugar that comes from processed food. Since everybody is different, you can set up your own number.

GO TEAM! We're rockin' ;)
  • ardeornellis
    Options
    I am def going to do the water and sugar challenge.. When I start trying to figure percentages I get all messed up, so..... I am going to just be sure that I put MUCH less processed sugar in my mouth.. I have gotten into eating chocolate several days a week.. This will have to go. I am just going to focus on eating more natural less processed...

Here's to a great week!!
  • bhurley1424
    Options
    I've already blown my sugar - forgot to set until today. I'm over - mostly due to my weekly treat. :blushing: Water is no problem - got 8 already and will probably drink a couple more today.:drinker:
  • ardeornellis
    Options
    Well.......I blew sugar AND water today. I stayed under calories, but for me it's been an off day...:( Looking forward to tomorrow..
  • Charlotte012
    Options
    Good morning TEAM!!

We did #2 this week, following very closely the first team. We're rocking team, let's do this!!!

Have a great Sunday everyone!
  • twotfluty
    Options
    I love our challenge of water and sugar! I agree with all of you about eating exercise calories. Also, since I have recently discovered this sugar and sodium additions to my tracker, I am going to be following with the team and watching my sugar and drinking my water. Way to go team!
  • bhurley1424
    Options
    Congrats Charlotte for being the Biggest Loser this week!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • ardeornellis
    Options
    WAY TO GO CHARLOTTE!!!!!!! YOU ROCKED IT!!!!!
  • gsterlingdiva02
    Options
    Congrats Charlotte!
    :smile: :wink: :drinker:
  • Charlotte012
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!

I actually thought it would be a bad week because I had TOM visiting... hey you never know!!

Hope you're having a good week. Today was orientation day at my new university and we had a provided lunch. I craved for a cookie (bad girl, I know) and my heart pumped like crazy, I guess because of the sugar rush. Well, it's time to say good bye to sugar. :s
  • ardeornellis
    Options
    HOpe everyone is having a great week!! We sure are quiet this week. I have really stepped up my workouts,and I am TIRED!!! Tomorrow is my rest day and I am SO looking forward to it after 34 consecutive days of exercise... Whew..... Hope everyone has a great evening. Looking forward to our weigh in tomorrow!!
  • Charlotte012
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!

How are you doing?? Today is weigh-in day, yeah!! I hope it went awesome for everybody.

We also have to decide on a team challeng for this week. But before deciding on one, I would like to know how you did last week : how is your water intake going? What about your sugar? Did you see any change in your body? Was it hard ? Let me know!
  • ardeornellis
    Options
    It was hard....I didn't do well with sugar or water.. I gained 0.2 pounds.. I lost some in inches and have really stepped it up with my running... I just still struggle with stinkin sugar..
  • bhurley1424
    Options
    Hi all. No, didn't meet the challenges. the sugar thing was HARD - there is sugar in everything!!! I didn 't get 10 classes on workout days but I was always at 8 or 9 classes. I did lose weight - 2.5 pounds. I'm actually a little concerned(but not complaining :wink: ) that I keep losing like 2 pounds a week for the last few weeks. I wonder if it has something to do with my exercise not being as high as it was? Not sure ---
  • Charlotte012
    Options
    Hello everyone,

So for this week, I thought we can go back to the basics for the weekly team challenge. So if you want to, can are encourage to still look at sugar, fat, carbs, water and so on, but the 2 major things I would like us to work on : accountabilty and motivation.

1- The first challenge will be to logg everything (everything!) and stay under your calories each day from today Sat. to Friday.
    2- The second challenge will be to think about why you want to change your lifestyle. You'll have to find one reason or goal each day and post it on the thread here.

Let's go Unstoppable Panthers! We can do this!

Charlotte