BIggest Loser Challenge - The Unstoppable Panthers (closed g

Options

Replies

• twotfluty
    Options
    Hey team! Sugar is HARD! It's EVERYWHERE! We were travelling (again-I was on the road 4 of the past 7 days) and I got one of those Fuze drinks-it had more sugar in one bottle than I should have in a whole day! I definitely blew that challenge. The water one was easier for me. I tend to drink water all the time. I have a water bottle that I take with me everywhere and it has a straw in it. It makes drinking water more fun. When I get sick of water I'll throw a slice of lemon or lime (or both!) in with it.

After weighing in yesterday I went through such a range of anger, frustration, sadness etc. because I have not lost any weight. At all. This is a pretty normal situation for me and has led me to fall off the wagon in the past. Instead, I gathered up my shattered pieces and found an exercise plan on line that is very specific with what to do. I think even though I have been doing fairly well with minutes, I am very muscular and I am not pushing hard enough to actually lose weight. 45 minutes walking/jogging for some may do the trick, but it just doesn't for me. I started with the new plan yesterday and have typed out a whole schedule until the end of October that I will keep on doing it even if I gain for a little bit until the fat starts burning off.

I'm going to hang in there team, but I do realize that I am not helping us in our ranks...I hope that you all understand and stick with me as I try this.
  • twotfluty
    Options
    GREAT challenge for us, Charlotte! It's so easy to go from tracking everything...to most things...to some things etc. I'm so glad that I read this BEFORE the birthday party we are going to! I don't know about the rest of you, but knowing that I have to tracking things sometimes makes me choose items that are easier to track (like veggies) versus that tasty 5 layer dip with who knows how much cheese.

I want to change my lifestyle for my future. I want to wake up every day knowing that I am living to my potential and that comes down to taking care of my body and not lugging around 40+ lbs of extra weight.
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    The challenges sound good :) I do track everything so it will be a easy one to meet as long as I stay under lol.

As for the second one how do u want us to do this goal? just each day we post a new reason on why we want to change our lifestyle? Or do we say why and how we worked towards that for that day? Just wanna make sure I know so that I can complete the challenge :)
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    One of My many reasons I want to change my lifestyle is for my family ( my hubby and kids especially) I want to be around as long as possible to watch them grow and have kids of their own. I want to be a role model to them and for them to know exercise and eating well is important. I also want to be able to chase after them and keep up with them.
  • Charlotte012
    Charlotte012 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    @ Twotfluty : don't worry about not doing as good as you would like. We're all here to lose weight, change our lives, and support each others so that what's matter.

BTW Congrats everyone on being team #2 this week!! That was a good one.

@ amorgan : as you like. The idea is to keep in mind why we are doing this to stay motivated. And we can share at the same time.

One reason I'm doing this is because I want to have an healthy relationship with food. I've always struggled with my weight, but I've also always struggled with overeating, bingeing, emotional eating, etc. I want to be able to enjoy food without having the need to be extra full all the time. I want to eat and stop by myself when I'm done and don't feel like I'm a food addict.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Love the challenge! I already track everything - I was tempted not to track today but I decided I HAD to before I read the posts. I'm glad I did now. I also thought about having a snack tonight and going over my calories - but I won't now. :happy:

Like amorgan my main motivation for doing this, changing my habits and exercising is my daughter and husband. I want to be around for them. I want to be able to run around with my daughter when she starts walking and keep up with her!! :happy:
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I logged all my food:) My main reason for doing this is to be healthy and set a good example for my family. :)
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    Logged all my food yesterday needless to say it was very unpretty - I'm never that bad but my husband decided to pick up dinner and pick up apparently the mos unhealthy dinner ever lol.

Another reason (since we post one each day) to lose this weight and change my eating habits is for myself! I want the self confidence I use to have, I want to feel comfortable in a swimsuit, shorts, dress, and tank tops without worrying if my thighs arms butt and everything else are jiggling all over lol.
  • twotfluty
    Options
    I want to lose weight and be living a healthy lifestyle before I have kids so I can teach them to live healthily and not have the same struggles and issues as I did.
  • ardeornellis
    Options
    I want this because I want to look awesome when I turn 40. I want to turn heads at my next reunion. Yep.....doing it for me. I was to feel strong, healthy, and alive in my skin.

Goals.......5k this month, 10k next month, 1/2 marathon on December. :
  • bhurley1424
    Options
    Ok - another reason is for ME! I want to look and feel good!
  • Charlotte012
    Options
    I don't have my own family yet, but my boyfriend really want us to have kids. I want to but I keep thinking that if I put pregnancy and baby weight on that body, I'll become real bad! I want to have great food and exercice habits now so I can have awesome pregnacy(ies?). At my gym, a pregnant woman used to come to the spinning classes, I though that was very inspiring.
  • twotfluty
    Options
    I want to lose weight to prove to myself that it's possible. I CAN be in better shape and not be so self-conscious. I think the biggest reason I am self conscious about my weight is that deep down I know that I I did this to myself and have the power to change it.
  • bhurley1424
    Options
    My Monday reason for getting in shape and eating healthy - to not have the same health issues as my grandmother had and my mother has.
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    My Monday reason is to be a role model in my career ( I'm going for nursing) how can I preach the importance of healthy lifestyle choices if I don't follow it myself.
  • ardeornellis
    Options
    My Monday reason is to be an example to other women who struggle with obesity.. It is SO crippling.. I want to help others to see and KNOW that it can be done.. We CAN beat this!!!..

I LOVE this challenge:)
  • Charlotte012
    Options
    My Monday reason for doing this is my body image and my self esteem. i always think that we people see me, the first thing they think is "she's fat" (i'm probably wrong but I want to stop thinking that). I want to feel beautiful head to toe and not be so self conscious about how I look.
  • twotfluty
    Options
    My Tuesday reason to lose weight: I am a teacher and I am going into school today to prep my room and get things ready for my new job this year. I want to be an inspiration to my students. Not by being skinny, but by being in shape. I don't want to be thin but I want to be lean. There is a difference and if I am living a healthy lifestyle I know that my students will notice and (maybe?) make healthy decisions for themselves.
  • Charlotte012
    Options
    My Tuesday reason : I have seen some obese moms in public places, with about 2 years old child and they were not able to chase the child who would run all over the place and not listening to the mom (the child would finds this very fun). I don't want to be that mom.
  • bhurley1424
    Options
    Tuesday reason - to not look huge next to my husband's relatives! Alot of them look like barbie dolls and they've all had kids! Ugh!!

Oh, I've also logged everything I've been eating every day this week.