Senior Golden Sneakers............August

Options

Replies

• judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    IMPORTANT MESSAGE

You've no doubt heard about people who have been abducted and had
    their kidneys removed by black-market organ thieves.

My thighs were stolen from me during the night a few years
    ago. I went to sleep and woke up with someone else's thighs.
    It was just that quick. The replacements had the texture of
    cooked oatmeal. Whose thighs were these and what happened to
    Mine? I spent the entire summer looking for my thighs.
    Finally, hurt and angry, I resigned myself to living out my
    life in jeans. And then the thieves struck again.

My *kitten* was next. I knew it was the same gang, because they
    took pains to match my new rear-end to the thighs they had
    stuck me with earlier. But my new *kitten* was attached at least
    three inches lower than my original! I realized I'd have to
    give up my jeans in favour of long skirts.

Two years ago I realized my arms had been switched. One
    morning I was fixing my hair and was horrified to see the
    flesh of my upper arm swing to and fro with the motion of
    the hairbrush. This was really getting scary - my body was
    being replaced one section at a time. What could they do to
    Me next?

When my poor neck suddenly disappeared and was replaced with
    a turkey neck, I decided to tell my story. Women of the
    world wake up and smell the coffee! Those 'plastic' surgeons
    are using REAL replacement body parts - stolen from you and
    Me! The next time someone you know has something 'lifted',
    Look again - was it lifted from you?

THIS IS NOT A HOAX. This is happening to women everywhere
    Every night.

WARN YOUR FRIENDS!

P. S. Last year I thought someone had stolen my Boobs. I was
    lying in bed and they were gone! But when I jumped out of
    bed, I was relieved to see that they had just been hiding in
    my armpits as I slept. Now I keep them hidden in my
    waistband.

P.P.S. Those same thieves just came into my closet and shrank my clothes! How do they do that????

I thought this was too 'important' not to pass on. Have a
    wonderful day - with a joy filled heart. Always remember to
    Laugh!! Helps the heart AND the wrinkles!!
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am just about to get ready to go to the dinner theatre. We will have fun for sure. I do think my eyes are a bit better, not perfect but some better. Can't ask for more. . . yet! I do not like the ointment at night as it prevents me from reading or watching TV after they are in the eyes. Small price to pay if it works. Actually the reading has taken a back bench for several days but I think I am ready to try it again. Tomorrow we are going to a picnic at the Forestry Farm and Zoo with Neil's group home. It should be a good time. Neil seems pumped about it. His first response to doing anything new is always "I don't want to do that". I don't know why because he always ends up liking it. What a guy!

Becky -- I completely hear you about having too many 'men' things to move!! I always tell Dave we could never move because he has way too many toys! It does occur to me though that two of us living in a large house and big yard is beyond ridiculous. Foolishly when I retired I gave up the cleaning lady!! What was I thinking!!!

I will get back to the rest of you one day soon. I think of you all every day. Take care. Gayla :heart:
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Midnight and I should be in bed but have a bad case of indigestion ~probably the boiled cauliflower I had with my dinner tonight!!:frown: I'm hoping a few glasses of warm water will shift it, a trick a good friend of my mother's passed on many years ago. Certainly making me burp so that's a good sign!!

Marie ~ Yes, I'm near the sea, about 15 miles to the south of me or 30 miles to the north. My neighbours can see it sparkling in the distance from a bedroom window but unfortunately there is a rise in a hill that blocks out the view from my property. Here is a link to a You Tube film you might enjoy. All that blue sea might cool you off!!:bigsmile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpoumZwEwJI&feature=related

Phoebe ~ I don't know about a highland wig but can see some resemblance to a prehistoric fashion item!!

Buzz ~ There is a magical air up on these moors if one stops to take it in and sense the history that has gone before. Not too far from here is a place called Dozmary Pool that is reputed to be the place King Arthur's excalibur sword was thrown. Many years ago I was travelling in a boyfriend's sports car driving towards the pool and he was showing off, going too fast on the narrow road and had to swerve to avoid a tall, dark and extremely handsome man striding towards us, a large black cape blowing in the breeze behind him. He had a beautiful smile and didn't seem at all disturbed by the car but when we turned to see if he was hurt he had disappeared within seconds although the road was lined with high hedges he could never have jumped over. It shook us both up at the time but I can still see that smile!! I haven't read the Pillars of the Earth but recently a tv series was shown of an adaptation which was quite fascinating but difficult to watch at times. I read somewhere that the sequal World Without End is now being filmed. I'm currently reading The Wise Woman by Philippa Gregory which is based around the time of Henry VIII when he was having all the monastaries destroyed and tells the story of a num who becomes a witch!! She wrote The Other Boleyn Girl and if you ever get the chance to watch the dvd it's a beautiful film.

The indigestion has eased so thanks to Auntie Eileen my mother's friend I can get off to bed!:bigsmile:

Nite-nite
    Jackie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    poo poo I lost my post. .
    I sent a Philjien a Pm yesterday and she reply so I thought I would share with you guya.She does not appear to be in any danger I was worried about her.

Thanks Marie for thinking of me.
    I am back here in Egypt and at the beginning of the new school year. Things are crazy busy and I have been meaning to get back online and visit with all my pals on fitness pal. I miss hearing and checking in. But I will be getting better and with the program very soon.
    thanks again and pass my greeting on to everyone. LOVE PHYLJEN

Buzz this plan seems perfect for me with my lifesyle now.It is base on Jenny craig plans only you make your own dinners or eat TV dinners. I been eaten a few TV dinners but not many. The sodium is not a problem I guess all these beans I am eating wash them all out.LOLI plan on going back to recording my dairy again. Sis not want to mess with it while getting to learn this

Jackie I will go to you tube as soon as I get off of here.

LaflaHave fun on your outing with neil group.Sounds like fun.

All of you easteners stay safe. from the hurrican.
    Dallas had some rain this afternoon but we did not get any. Did get some wind and cooler temperture After it done reach 105 today.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Marie, thanks for sharing the information about Phyljean......I have been wondering about her and hoping that she was OK

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Judy, thank you for the important information about stolen body parts :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: the good news is that the storage is empty and now we have all our stuff here and won't be paying $120.00 a month for the unit. It was great to have it and I'm glad we're finished with it.

:bigsmile: my next job is to sort the books and decide how they should be placed in the bookshelves....maybe we'll get rid of some of them. A lot of the books are being kept for sentimental reasons. The ones I've read lately have been from the library..

I just got off the phone with my cousin who lives in New York City......she talked a lot about the earthquake (she didn't feel it, but it slightly interrupted the phone call she was making at the time) and about the possibility of a hurricane.

I hope all you east coast people are OK with the scary weather.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Pink, not sure if this would have helped you or not. I buy anti-gas medication over the counter. I keep it on hand for when we are having bean soup. And, we are doing just that in a few days.:laugh:

:flowerforyou: Barbie, I am glad that you are getting things organized. I would hate to move with all the junk my husband has accuminated.

:flowerforyou: Marie, I so hate it when I lose a post. I just want to give up and log off.:grumble:

:flowerforyou: Gayla, let us know how the dinner theatre went and also the picnic. I went to a dinner theatre one time. The food was wonderful and a lot of it. How do we stay on track while having a large meal out like that???

:flowerforyou: Judy, that is priceless. I need to send a copy to my supervisor. She and I are about the same age.:bigsmile:

We have a name for our diet group at work: "Fit and Fine in Less Than 9". The challenge lasts for 8 weeks. Get it????
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Morning Sneaker Ladies:

Going to a concert Saturday night with my daughters. :smile: The band is called Great Big Sea.
    Nice to be with my girls since they are living their own lives now I don't see them as much
    as I would like.

Probably going sailing with Dad on Sunday weather permitting.
    We have had some crazy weather lately.
    Thunderstorms and lightening until 3:00 am. last night. Didn't get much sleep. :yawn:

Stay safe everyone!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning Snekers

Seems the the weather takes center stage again. Just seen the forcast for us the next 4 days 106. We have been warned againg about conseerving energy. So I will stay off the internet and cut my tv off and go visit with Jerry and share his TV. between 3 and 7 PM Will get one load of cloths in this morning Thats all. so another load tomorrow morning. Certainly do not want those rolling black outs. They say it is getting dangerous close to having to do just that.

For the East coast you all will be in my prayers and thoughts the next few days, They are building it up to be a LULU Take care guys.Shirley, birdie, Dee , Beth.Phoebe , Buzz seems to be safe. But do take care.
    I will be tracking it on TV. I know you all may have family there and thinking of them too.

Eli How is your dad? I know he is on the East coast.

I am goiny to move my Happy star to my sinature because I keep forgetting him, Imagine that?
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,122 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!! :bigsmile: Sun is shining weather is great, life is good!!! Having dinner with friends tonight, always a good time. :drinker:

Marie, there doesn't seem to be any end to your hot weather, I wish there was something we could do to help you. It does give you more cozy time with Jerry and is helping you keep focused on your new life style so that is one good thing.

Shirley, always fun to spend time with our adult children, enjoy that concert.

Becky, like the name of the the diet group, clever title.

Barbie, glad you got the storage empty. Does your new house come with lots of bookshelves?

Jackie, it does sound lovely where you live, I have never been to England but others in my family have and loved it.

Gayla, do hope your eyes feel better soon and hope you enjoyed the theatre.

Judy, that same thief sure makes his way around the world doesn't he?

Buzz, you are so kind and I duplicate all your sentiments on keeping safe to our dear friends and relatives.

Phoebe, glad you are getting some home time, try and rest while you are there.

So much to do and so little time to do it, enjoy your day!!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sandy, you have to be our comment diva. You always get everyone.

:flowerforyou: Marie, how do you remember where everyone lives???

:flowerforyou: Shirley, it is great that you are going to spend time with your daughters. Have a wonderful time on Saturday.

I believe I will go and do some weight work before heading back to work.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Becky you ask me how I remember where people live. I read their post But you knowwhat i do not know ehere you live? Where??

I am fixing to shut everything down in here and go take a nap. To conserve energy. When you get my age you just love your nap.When I wake up I will cook me some squash to add to my stast in the fridge. veggies are getting low.I do eat the same thing over till they are gone Then I fix some more.I always have a container of cole slaw ready and beans.Plenty of fruit and yogurt on hand. and 350 calorie TV dinners on hand. if i decide to have one Perhaps twice a week. .

Be back after 7 PM
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Marie, I love your menu. You eat so healthy. I understand that you read the posts but just how do you remember where everyone lives? Do you take notes? I live in Piqua, Ohio. About 30 miles north of Dayton.

The thread has been quite lately. I hope that means that everyone is very busy doing fun things. I had my first hip hop class tonight. I don't think that I burned many calories but I am doing this more for my coordination anyway.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Summer is always slow here Becky. My daughter husband isfrom Dayton ohio. They live thee a couple of years and Jerry and I was ther a couple times. Had a good time there. We took our cat and dog with us and the cat junp the fence thought we lost her but she found her way back and after that we let her come and go..

Yeah I am eating pretty good. I on't expect to lose what I did last week but take what I get. I made a batch of steam squash today and plan on getting some carrots cook for tomorrow.I love the great little container i found at Walmart. they have a vent for the the ssteam to escape. I have 4 of the larger ones and 4 smaller ones about 2 cups. and cab also store my food in. they stack so good and I don't have to look all over the fridge to find themThey are great to microwave my food. i didn't really have anything to cook them in except saran wrap These containers are so much better.and can sstore them too.

I have been tracking the hurrican. Do you all expect to get a good rain out of it.
    Iknoow you are not to close to the coast but do know the storms can send rains way inland. We are 4oo miles from the gulf but when a hurriane hit we get some of the effect Really sounds like NY will get hit pretty bad. Hope not.

I have been readin quilts bloggs when I am on the internet. I do stay off between 3 and 7 PM
    Very pretty quilts. Love them

My bedtime snack will be WW furdge bar. They are good. to me.

Good night all aleep tight
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    [img][/img]2538030fpwneaczdj.gif but don't know with what! What was I doing all day that I have so little time tonight? Whatever.....oh, I wasted hours finding a "coupon code" for a tea infuser I ordered, but it saved the shipping cost so was worth it! But finding the right infuser took too long! It was basically a full day, but I read all your posts, howled at Judy's, daydreamed at Jackie's, and just plain enjoyed reading them. Now, gotta go hold hands with...so I'll see you all tomorrow, and hope the weather along the east coast AND Texas looks better than today! Whew, Florida seems to have escaped this one but the Bahamas have had it ALL DAY! And then it is headed toward all my kids in different states, and Boston, where my sister should be flying back home at the same time Irene is supposed to hit! Ouch!
    Have a good night, y'all...
    Buzz
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi to you all. We had a nice time at Neils' picnic. I got to meet the Mom of one of the other guys which was nice. We enjoyed burgers and salads.the wasps were a bit annoying but I hear they are worse in some areas, I remember the summer my son and dil got married in our back yard. The wasps were crazy. They ate the apples right off the tree. There would be just a core left on some . We had to strip the apples off the tree so that the wasps would leave.

Shirley -- I have taken Neil to see Great Big Sea a couple of times and they really put on a good show. It is very high energy and they are very talented musicians. I would go again in a heartbeat. Hope you enjoy it!

Marie -- way to go on the loss. You are doing great. A wonderful bonus to enjoy it as well.

Sandy -- you are going to miss all those opportunities to hang out with the girls when school starts! How lucky they are to have such an awesome grandma!

Phoebe -- stay safe on the roads.

Buzz -- prayers that you and your family stay safe as well.

Becky-- I too, am amazed at how Marie remembers so much about everyone. I really need to keep notes!

Irene -- hope things are going well. I think of you so often.

Jeri -- I hope you are having a terrific time camping. Do you go into the mountains to camp?

I know there is more I wanted to say but it will have to wait for another night. Take care. :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: someday I'll get back to replying individually but for now, I want to at least check in once during the day. My big job today was sorting books. We have reorganized the use of our bookshelves and want to look through all our books and get rid of the ones that we're keeping for no good reason. Until they are all sorted and reviewed to see if we're keeping them, we won't be able to decide which shelf will be for which category. so now the house has piles of books everywhere. I've walked over 20,000 steps today and Jake has over 16,000. Many of the steps come from walking the dogs. It's too bad we can't fit them with pedometers to know how many steps they've walked.

:flowerforyou: we got our new drivers' licenses today. We applied for new licenses when we changed our address so now we have current photos and current weights on them :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: with all the terrible heat in Texas and the hurricane warnings and earthquake on the east coast, I am embarrassed to admit that the fabulous weather is in NW Washington where it was sunny and mid 70's today. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Barbie, I am so happy that you got to put your new weight on you licenses. And, that you are smiling about it. That means that you weight has gone down. Congratulations. You must have a lot of books. What type are they? Novel, fictional, educational?

:flowerforyou: Gayla, do you have your own apples trees? That would be wonderful. Want a snack? just go outside and pick one. While I was growing up my parents always had a large garden. My snacks during the day was usually a carrot pulled right out of the ground and wiped off on my jeans.

:flowerforyou: buzz, I will be praying that your family on the east coast will be safe.

:flowerforyou: Marie, several years ago, when I was in the process of losing 55 pounds, I lost 7 pounds in one week. Well, that never happened again. I was asked if I had stopped eating altogethr. That was not the case. I had done nothing different that week. I guess this just happens every so often. I would welcome it in my life at this time.:laugh:

Did I hear this morning that the hurricane has been downgraded? I thought I heard that at this time it is a 1. I could be mistaken.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    :happy: Gayla: Thanks for letting me know about Great Big Sea. I have head alot about them.
    It should be a good time. :bigsmile:

:smile: Marie: Congratulations on your weight loss. You are doing it !!

:smile: Barbie: Sorting books sounds like fun. I love to read. I am reading Body & Soul right now.
    About a young child piano prodigy. Actually I have about three books on the go right now.

:smile: Becky: How are the Y classes doing? Any loss of weight yet? Thinking about getting
    Zumba for my Wii Fit Plus. I will start that again in winter.

:smile: Buzz: I am going to miss our annual vacation to Florida this year. We are doing an
    all inclusive resort in February.

It is cloudy and raining here, probably due to remnants of Hurricane Irene. Already took my walk before
    it poured. Have a great day everyone!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    h.gife.gifl.gifl.gifo.gif

good morning all of you guys

been blogging on quilts pattern again. so mu

I haven't read all the post yet but I will......... been blogging too much. I don't blogg but I read other folks blogs.
    now it is time for lunch. I steam some carrots this morning to go with my squash i steam yesterday The do so good in those sstorage containers with the vent in the center of the lid and don't have to used much water so the flavors stays in. I will sldo have some kind of beans an d coleslaw of course tea. i found a recipe for pickle green beans I want to try. Sounds like it would be good.

Have a great day.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey look what I am doing . Iam texting How fun!!!!!!!!!

h.gife.gify.gifempty.gifempty.gifi.gifempty.gifa.gifm.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifd.gifa.gifn.gifc.gifi.gifn.gifg.gifempty.gifw.gifi.gift.gifh.gifempty.gifw.gifo.gifr.gifd.gifs.gifempty.gif