Senior Golden Sneakers............August

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    :smile: Gayla: You were right, Great Big Sea, high energy band. They were fabulous we had a blast.!!

Girls are still sleeping. We had a great time last night at the concert.
    We are catching up on all the gossip. Hubby spent the night at the boat.
    Called him this morning and its very windy. We are supposed to go sailing today
    with him but we will see if it gets better.

I am reading out on the patio waiting for them to get up and have breakfast.

Have a wonderful day!!
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,122 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!! :bigsmile: Another beautiful day here and another day to be grateful!! :heart: We have a Fest on our Church grounds this weekend and they have had perfect weather. Thank you God!!

My son has been texting me on his phone on the way home from a wedding in Ohio with his girl and her parents. (He isn't driving) He informed me he is going to propose to his girl tonight and give her a ring. He asked her parents for their blessing and they did.
    I have to be honest and tell you I am not sure how I feel about this, I want him to be happy but he is going to be 40 in November and she is 29. She wants kids which was a controversy between them and broke them up a couple of times. But now he said he is willing to have more kids because he loves her that much. He has a 16 year old daughter (the love of my life) who he has been paying child support since she is about 5. He was looking forward to the day where he wouldn't have those payments any longer. I am not sure how my granddaughter will accept this news, I know she wants him to be happy but she did mention to me once if he had one baby she thinks she would be okay with that but more than that she is not sure. Her mother lives with a guy and they have a baby but never married, at least my son wants to be married before starting a new family. Lisa is a nice girl and I like her and I do want my son to be happy but to tell you the truth I am not sure I like the idea of him having more children. Maybe it is a selfish thing, I love babies and children but not sure I want to start that process over again. Does that sound cruel?
    I know I have to accept whatever decisions he makes and I can't control another human being so with God's help I will. :heart:
    Thanks for letting me vent, besides he said they will have a long engagement so no sense in worrying about what might not happen. :tongue:

Shirley, glad the concert was great, the time with your girls must have been amazing. I love your profile picture, you look amazing and your hubby isn't too shabby either. :laugh:

Phoebe, you are in a sentimental mood and we are so grateful for you.

Buzz, you are very clever with the graphics, but please don't fall asleep at the keyboard.

Marie, Babe is doing better but still dizzy, his foot is getting better and he can drive now so that is good. If he is still dizzy by Friday we have to call the doctor and schedule more tests. I have been busy this summer and I actually am happy that the kids are back in school so I can have time to myself. Come September I hope to get back to recording my food daily and getting back on the bike when it is to chilly to walk Daisy. Very clever with the graphic text, you are a computer wizard.

Gayla, thanks for sharing about Gigi, I wondered what might have happened to her. I never think to send messages and ask but I am glad she let you know.

Barbie, I just told someone that I finally match my weight on my driver's license. :laugh: Some days with the fluctuations it is a little off but it feels good to have an honest license. :tongue:

Judy, welcome back.

Have a great day!!!
  • michiganric
    michiganric Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Judz! I must say I loved your post. I am new here so I am just starting out in the forums. I hope that by getting to know people and creating new friends will help keep me motivated. Thanks again for making me smile.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Just want to say hello to everyone before I settle down to the pile of washing up clogging my sink!

Irene ~ We'll miss you and ask that you don't go too far away, our little hurricane! Take care.:heart:

Sandy ~ You said it, you can't live his life for him as much as you might think he's going in the wrong direction but who knows, this might be the best decision he ever made. He must love her very much if he's prepared to commit to the idea of children but none of us know what's around the corner so try not to worry too much about strife that may never happen. Easier said than done I know!!:heart:

I do hope everyone's family is safe. I haven't seen our tv news today but heard on the radio the hurricane is now downgraded to a tropical storm which is great news.

Washing up here I come!!:grumble: :grumble:

Take care
    Jackie
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Happy day, y'all...[img][/img]677092ykivovsu3o.gif

Seems the hurricane is dwindling, though the rains are packing a bad punch. Some of our kids lost power, but no one was hurt, so thank you all for your support. :wink:

I really was dozing at the keyboard last night...and sort of dreaming, too. I needed the sleep badly. ANd I have read that if we don't get 7-8 hours sleep every night, it affects our ability to lose weight, so I will try to get that amount from now on! SOMETHING has to help, though this past week I have lost 3 of the pounds I allowed to creep back over the summer! Sometimes it is hard to know if it IS summer here except for the lighter traffic and congestion in the area. Soon the "birds" will return!

Mike's daughter and her husband are buying a villa not far from where we live, so we will finally have some family not too far. She cannot take the NJ winters as she has lupus AND MS, poor thing! Her new community has both indoor and outdoor pools, so it will be great for her for exercising...

Welcome, MICHIGANRIC, (Rick?), it would be lovely to have more than 1 or 2 inputs from the male point of view.

SANDY, this is exactly the place to vent your feelings, which are very understandable! I imagine we would all have similar feelings if our kids were involved in the same relationship! We know so much more more about life at this stage!:ohwell:

PHOEBE, thank you for your kind thoughts about the storm affecting my family; losing electricity is a small price to pay for living in areas they love! Hope your husband has luck with the new diet, and remains healthy---actually both of you!

SHIRLEY...love your picture! Hope the winds calm down up there so you can enjoy the boat, too!

JUDY: I just realized as we are headed toward autumn, you will be enjoying springtime soon! Lovely :bigsmile:

OK, here it is 2:55 PM and I have not had lunch so I must decide between small lunch so I can have a good dinner, or large lunch followed by a snacky Sunday dinner. Such problems; may I never have worse! :drinker:

[img][/img]2707992o2lk3a6yqy.png

Buzz
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Hello Sneakers

We are back from camping and had a wonderful time. Southern Alberta and the mountains are so beautiful. We parked our trailer at a park on the edge of the mountains. One day we took a drive across ranching country and the Porcupine Hills. Amazing country. Another day headed west into the mountains. Over a mountain pass down for a ways down the gravel forestry trunk road and then back across another mountain pass to the highway south of our campsite. It was dusty but incredibly beautiful.

We got home and my sister is here from Washington State and today we are off to our dd's place for a BBQ. Busy, busy busy.

I managed to add a half pound along the way. Glad it wasn't more!!!

I hope to catch up on everyone's posts once it slows down at bit.

Is anyone affected by Hurricane Irene?

Have a great afternoon.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    c.gifh.gife.gife.gifr.gifs.gif

Another good week. I am happy to report.

Good to hear from Jeri again. and all the rest of you.Love ya Marie
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Marie, did it ever cool down where you live. I've been thinking about you.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Good morning Sneakers....another work day has arrived.

:flowerforyou: Jeri, I am sure that you can lose that 1/2 pound very quickly. You are right...glad it wasn't more.

:flowerforyou: buzz, thank you for the dancing flowers.:smile:

It is time to get serious. Challenge begins today. I do really bad this past weekend so I will probably be going into the challenge weighing more than every.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Good morning, Sneakers.:bigsmile: Jake is going to the hospital today so the doctor can take another look inside his heart. He has been short of breath and the doctor wants to see if he can find out what's going on. The hospital is in Seattle (over two hours away). A friend offered to drive him over so I won't have to. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: He will spend the night in a "hotel" setting in the hospital then have the procedure tomorrow morning and won't know until after the procedure whether he'll be able to come home Tuesday or Wednesday.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Breakfast finished now I have to walk the dogs :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Hi Barbie, thanks for telling us about Jake. I'm sure he will be well cared for. It is great that you two are on the ball and don't put off when you get a warning sign. it sounds like a great hospital too.

Becky, not good to start the challenge off without a water bottle, lol! you'll find a way around it though.
    hope you enjoyed your weekend.

Marie, I know you are on the pc on your quilting website, but don't forget to stop in today.

Sandy, glad you got it all out of your system, relax, let go, what will be will be......so says Doris Day.

Well, its official, I cancelled my Weight Watchers membership this morning. We are going to start the new plan in two weeks. Between now and then, we will begin with small steps, less bread, sweets, coffee..etc.

Buzz, thanks for letting us know that your family is ok. what a mess there is, so much flooding, and no where for the water to go, or that's what they said earlier.

got to get started transferring audiobooks onto my mp3 player...it uses most of my pc's energy, so I will not use the pc for anything else while it is working on it..

take care, have a good day
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Monday!! :bigsmile: We have another beautiful dry day!!

My son is now officially engaged and they are so happy it makes me happy. They came and showed us the ring last night and it made me happy to seem them together. They are talking about having the wedding in 2013, so they aren't rushing into marriage.
    Whatever God's plan is I am happy with, I just want happiness for all of my family. :love:

Phoebe, good luck on your new diet plan, doing it with your hubby will be great.

Barbie, please keep us informed about Jake, hopefully a minor adjustment is all that is needed.

Becky, being in charge of your group should keep you motivated, good luck with the challenge.

Marie, you are doing so well and not only with your food choices but with your crafts. Amazing Lady.

Jeri, welcome back we missed you! Glad your camping experience was fun and you got away for a little while. You will shed that 1/2 pound quickly,

Buzz, I am so happy your family and friends are OK, although the flooding is still troublesome. I read that article about sleeping 7-8 hours and I manage to do that most nights. I am a night owl who goes to bed around 1am but I sleep between 8 and 9 am.
    It is nice that family is moving close to you, just sad that she is battling two illnesses.

Jackie, thanks for the wise words and I know now that as long as he is happy that is all that matters.

Hi Michiganric, Rick I am presuming. Are you joining us or just popping in to say hi to Judy? Either way welcome.

My sister is back in the hospital this time her calcium levels went dangerously high. Her red count was low again so they gave her two pints of blood, got her calcium level back to normal but now want to do a CT on her chest where they thought they saw something possibly on her esophagus. They have no idea what is causing all these things and will probably send her home again with no answers. I will be calling to see if she is going home today or I will go visit her today in the hospital.

Have a great day and see how happy the newly engaged couple is on my profile picture.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sandy, congrats on your son's engagement. Lovely couple. I will be praying that the doctors can help you sister.

:flowerforyou: Phoebe, why did you cancel Weight Watchers? I am just curious. I did the online one at the beginning of this year.

:flowerforyou: Barbie, by all means, let us know how Jake is. I will be praying for him.

I got another member for the weight loss team. Another man. That makes three men and me.:bigsmile:
    Options
    Becky, I started Weight Watchers in March. I lost a little, but not much. I stayed within my points every week, and sometimes I showed a gain and others a 1/2 lb loss. so I weighed this morning, and had not lost.
    My husband met with his new dr. last Friday. The dr. gave him a diet plan to follow, called New Mayo Clinic diet. its a low carb plan, and requires grapefruit juice, 1/2 cup three times per day. I want to try this plan, and hopefully get some weight off.
    My husband and I need to lose weight in order to improve our mobility, and physical fitness. They are getting strict on physical requirements in our job industry.. so we must get to losing!!

heading to grocery, to check out grapefruit juices, and a few other things, take care
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    :smile: Barbie: Hope Jake will be okay. Sounds like he will be in good hands.

:smile: Becky: What challenge are you doing?

:smile: Sandy: Congratulations on the engagement. I hope all goes well. Some things
    we have no control over.

:smile: Phoebe: I am a WW Lifetime member. Sometimes you just need a break.
    What plan are you on now?

<<<<Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. >>>> Harriet Beecher Stowe
  • mcleanmarg
    Options
    HI Seniors. I am new to this group and would be happy to support your efforts and ask for your support in return. Looking forward to Ideas. I have done Weight Watchers and am now on MediFast. Wouldn't you know that I have started almost every diet out there. Anyone remember the Army diet, with grapefruit eggs and tuna?
  • Sandydur
    Options
    1099834hix95m99ef.gif

Welcome Marg, we look forward to getting to know you better and will offer all the support you need for your new life style.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    hello Marge . Was trrying to see what we can called you I seen Marg and decided on it. What would you really like for us to call you. Welcome to the sneakers Please post and let us know something My name is Marie Have a husband Name Jerry We had a really bad scareabout you, . he had cancer of the throat but they feel like it is under control with a month of raddactions. We have a Jack russell name Sammy Our little darling. Most of the time. Lets us hear more from you.

Phoebe i was going thru my quilt books and guess what I found, The woman world with an article of the Wendy plan. I didn't know I kept it. I don't know how we notice it with all thr nive looking cakes and heart cookies.
    But I am glad I did for we met so many nice friends there. I feel I found lifetime friends with you and gayla. And not forgetting Linnette and Kay, Mo.

now here at MF P Another nice groups of people.We are Really bless

I really don't know what going on with me but My blood sugar has been below 100 in the Am and low 100 at night. and lunch, I have not taken any insulin in 2 days. I am taken Lantus at bedtice. it is a long acting insulin . I call my doctor But have not heard from her.I am sure she will cut back on it. So I think I will cut it to 20 tonight where she has me on 30.

love you too.

Hi Jeri We look got thr ester to break in a few days, We did have an early shower this morning not muchdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd oh I yarn and look what happen.I better hit the bed early tonight.
    Barbiecat. My prayers will be with you and Jake. He better get him a I pod so he can keep up with Sandy and Judy jokes..

Sandy gonna get a new DIL How wondefful

Have anyone heard from Birdie? Hope she stay out of harms way.
    Options
    Marie said:
    "I really don't know what going on with me but My blood sugar has been below 100 in the Am and low 100 at night. and lunch, I have not taken any insulin in 2 days."

Marie, that is fantastic! my morning sugar reading is never lower than 105. What you are doing is good for you isn't it? your food plan seems to be making a difference.. I'm so glad for you!!

no rain for us, and even the kudzu is wilting. I put some water out for the cats, they have been drinking it, a sign that the watering holes are dried up. We had a cute little tortoiseshell cat about 6-9 months old visit us this evening. we fed her, gave her water and she let me pick her up. I sure would like to get her to the vet and have her spayed before she gets pregnant.

Shirley, I'm going to start New Mayo Clinic diet with my husband. We decided we should get rid of all of the groceries we just bought before we start it.. got the grapefruit juice that is part of the plan, had to read the labels, many of them contain sugar, or they are made from concentrate, Or, they are actually a mixture of different juices. I didn't know all of that until today.
    I got Florida's Natural, and Simply Grapefruit. two kinds to try out.

Welcome to Rick? and Marg?- hope you feel free to post here and tell us about your weight loss plans.

talk to you later
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Phoebe, this morning I read in "The Thin Commandments Diet" that there was a study in 2004 at a leading hospital that showed that eating three servings of grapefruit (juice, fruit, or capsules of freeze dried grapefruit) lost more weight than people who didn't It had something to do with reducing insulin levels. The only problem is that you can't have grapefruit with statin medicines which both Jake and I take to reduce cholesterol.

:bigsmile: Sandy, congratulations on your son's engagement. You are so right to put things in God's hands and support their decision.

:bigsmile: Becky, good luck on your challenge :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

:flowerforyou: I bought a huge box of delicious green grapes to take to a poluck lunch on Saturday and brought a lot of them home so I've been enjoying them as a snack. With Jake gone, I haven't cooked a big meal so I have calories for grapes :bigsmile: