barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    1897163dw78myrjp1.gif

Happy Birthday, Judy
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Barbie said

:flowerforyou: In some cases, the more you eat, the more you crave. Foods like this might be ones you want to eliminate.

Some of these are so true. I just can't have chocolate chips in the house. They call my name over and over.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Judy!!
    aside from being hot, hope you are all enjoying your summer. I went to wal mart today, it was mighty cool in there, my feet were cold!! when I got outside, until I got in the car, I enjoyed it!!
    well we just had today at home, just getting ready to shut down the computer, and hopefully, fall fast asleep.
    Marie, did you get your Bubba mug yet?
    I'm not doing exercise, so I don't have anything else but me to blame for gaining weight.. a couple of pounds, but they are there.
    I've had to say ' never ever ever give up a lot the last couple of weeks!!
    take care all, have a good weekend.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Becky hope you are having a great time if Florida. Missed you take care.

Gayla thanks for reserving me a room. Your garden sound delightful. Your strawberries did good?

Phoebe. , no I didn't find one of those Budda jug. They said they quit carrying them, But I got out an old jug I got at the hospital a few years ago and it work perfect.. I thought I sent you an PM on it

Barbiecat and Sandy glad you too are still able to get out in this weather nd get your walks in.Also Jeri is getting a lot of walk in too. Nobody is walking around here. Sammy would not go this morning. Jerry put him in the basket and rode him down the street and let him out and he did walk back home.
    Options
    Poor sammy, no telling what kind of bad language he used on that walk home :devil:
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,122 Member
    Options
    Poor sammy, no telling what kind of bad language he used on that walk home :devil:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Hello Sneakers ~ Been busy the last couple of days so haven't managed to catch up with you all. Sorry to read some of you are still suffering from the heat. There's surely got to be an end to it some day soon but hopefully not with nasty storms. That often happens in the UK when we have a run of hot weather. This afternoon, after a busy time cutting the grass, I sat in the sunshine on my swing seat enjoying a cup of tea and watched the darkest of clouds rush towards me. I thought at first it would do a u-turn as it tried to climb up to our height on the moors but within seconds we had torrential rain. I just managed to get back to the house without getting soaked but 10 minutes later the sun was shining again with the most glorious rainbow so it was worth that alone.

I'm now going to log today's meals to see if I'm allowed yogurt and fruit for my dessert!

Jackie:flowerforyou:
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Oops!!! I guess I won't be indulging in any more food tonight LOL!!! :embarassed: :embarassed:

Jackie
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies,

Still seem to be struggling to find time to sit and read and reply to posts. Laptop seems to be playing up a lot and we have been trying to book a holiday for the end of the month. Finally did today. Turkey for a week. Now worried, cos I read reviews when I got home and they are not so good.Lol

Jackie, we had a great time in Devon. The weather was so good to us. Sunshine all the way! I thought of you often.How lucky you are to live in such a beautiful part of the country. ( I (know its Cornwall, but close enough)We almost made it to a bee keeping place. Quincy's. We just ran out of days! There are such beautiful and interesting places to visit. We went to Clovelly, Lynton & leamouth. Tunnels beaches in Ilfracombe and Croyde. I could easily live in any of them. My husband says he would be bored though, so I s'pose there's no chance of that happening any time soon lol.

Marie: I hope you are managing to keep cool in that hot weather.

Sandy. I hope your sister is doing well. Sorry about your birthday message. I did'nt realise there was another Sandy! Almost made you another year older lol. Hope you made it to your meeting.

Buzz; what you been up to with your elbow?

My laptop keeps freezing and this is taking forever, so Iam giving up for tonight. Goodnight everyone and will hopefully be back to see what you have all been up to lol

Take care
    Debx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: yesterday evening and today, Jake told me to get in the car. He loaded up the dogs and we went to our new neighborhood for a walk:bigsmile: :bigsmile: we want the dogs to get used to the new neighborhood and Jake is so eager to move that he keeps wanting to go look at the house. Since it is not occupied we can walk around and look in the windows :bigsmile:

:sad: I feel so sad for all of you in the super hot weather:sad: when it gets past 75 degrees here it is too hot for me. The dogs don't like the heat so on hot days we don't stay very long at the dog park.

:bigsmile: Deb, your trips sound exciting:bigsmile:

:bigsmile: neither of us is sleeping well and we wake up a lot in the middle of the night and read until we can go back to sleep. the good part is that we've read a lot of good books and have made many trips to the library.
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Good morning everyone:flowerforyou: I'm off to the allotments soon to organise a wine and nibbles late lunch as we have a presentation for the best allotment for 2011. A national judge has been in to have a look around. I doubt very much our plot will win as we are too organic and bunch everything in together whereas others are very neat and tidy with raised beds, netting and little patio areas! The forecast isn't great with heavy showers and even hail so could be interesting!

Deb ~ I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit to Devon. You're right it's a close neighbour to Cornwall and the scenery similar. If you walked to the quay in Clovelly and got back up without the aid of donkey you will have burned a few calories!! I haven't got to Quincy's yet but my neighbour I share the beekeeping hobby with went with her partner a couple of years ago and came back full of stories of how fascinating and interesting it is. No mention of a cream tea! I hope you indulged in at least one!!:drinker:

Barbie ~ I'm becoming so excited for you, Jake, the dogs and Bernie especially now the house is empty so you can peek through the windows. Reading a book is a far more sensible thing to do than tossing and turning and I bet you are finding some gems in your visits to the library.

Right, I must get myself organised and out.

Happy Sunday everyone.

Jackie
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I am the first one up, as usual. Am thinking of going out for breakfast but I don't know where anything is in the town.:sad:

Thursday was spent on the beach, Friday..scallop hunting, Saturday..tubing down a river. Can't wait to see what today brings.

:flowerforyou: Deb, I understand about the computer freezing. Mine does that at times. I wonder what causes it. I am using my son's internet service right now and it is so much faster and better than mine.:sad: Wish I could afford this.
  • marlouise
    marlouise Posts: 286
    Options
    Hello ladies, looks like rain, and I hope it does. Very humid though, put the dehumidifier on up stairs since no sun to warm the house, thus the air conditioner can take a break.
    Been fasting for a six day period and it seems to me my body is liking it. Drinking water as per usual and having a good afternoon salad is putting the vitamins I need back into the system. I'll log here my calorie intake for the five days, I will log my final intake for today tonight.

August one, 1.505, weight 185. August two, 2,303; August three, 1,728; August four 1,653; August five 1,853; August six 1,307. Weight today is 182.

I have not exercised as yet, first is to feel how my body reacts to the morning fasting. Next week I will be starting a program to see what happens, first three days a week, then I'll add two days of just floor and intermintant exercises with the three day weight training. I am going to watch I don't loose too much too fast, and monitor how my body feels.

Hope all is well here, I have studies to do now before the morning slips away.

Take care all...

Marilyn
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,122 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!! :bigsmile:

Still very busy with granddaughters and life in general. We went to the zoo last night for a special night of the adopted animals. My granddaughters (6) parents adopt an animal every year for her for Christmas and this year it is a reindeer. It is nice because it is not too hot or too crowded. I burned a lot of calories walking so all was good. :love:

My 16 year old granddaughter went to the zoo also and she spent the night so she could visit with her cousin from Minnesota. I am taking all four girls for breakfast this morning before the three older ones go to lollapalooza and the other goes to work. It has been great having them stay here although they are gone from morning to bedtime. They leave in the morning and no more visitors until September when my husband's daughter will be coming from California for a long weekend.

Everyone sounds like they are doing well and for those with problems, health or other I will keep you in my prayers.

Have a great day!!
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    JUDY: I know I wished you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY before your trip, and now I'm late, but :flowerforyou: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Enjoying the posts, and wish I could comment on each one , but this elbow/tendon/ wrist/finger thing is so annoying, and I guess I sprained the tendon or hit the "funny bone" or something, but was not aware when it happened. It will just take a bit of time, I guess, to heal, as neither heat nor cold has done a darn thing for it. Even tried that IcyHot rub...nada! Just age, I guess, but it's a bit better since trying to rest it!
    BECKY, hope your visit is as nice as it sounds!
    MARILYN, whatever you're doing sound like it's working for you!
    BARBIE & JAKE, just try keeping your cool!
    DEB, JACKIE, nice reading your experiences overe there! The heat here is almost unbearable, though Florida is somewhat better than where MARIE and CONNIE are!
    SANDY...lovely picture of you and the kids...
    If I missed you, it's not because I don't care; I opened in the same window, and C.R.A.F.T :laugh: :ohwell:
    Buzz
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Jackie' Yes I managed to walk up the hill from the harbour without the donkey! Although I must admit, I had to stop a couple of times to get my breath and I just managed to refrain from begging the donkey who was merrily having his photo taken with kids, to take me back up lol. Yes I managed to force a cream tea down me!! It was so yummy. I only had the one though, but also had some clotted cream fudge, clotted cream ice cream, and clotted cream shortbread. Love that clotted cream:laugh:
    I have my fingers and toes crossed that you did well at the allotment awards.

Buzz, make sure you rest that arm. Have you seen the doctor about it?

Becky, sounds like you are having great time with your family. You must be burning loads of calories without even realising it!

Barbie, good idea to get the dogs used to a new area. When do you move in?

Sandy, Your grand daughters are lovely. You must get on really well with them. I love the zoo too, especially the elephants. At our local zoo, we can feed them. It's over in a second, but feels very tickly when they scoop the food off your palm with their trunk!

Marilyn, Sounds like you're doing great with the new plan.

Phoebe, I just love reading your posts again.

Not been logging this week. Might wait until I sort everything out. Lots going on here and so busy.Is Gigi back yet?

Nite
    Deb
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Deb, no problem with not logging in for a while. But be sure to do so every so often to make sure that you are on track.

:flowerforyou: buzz, you didn't say how your weekend is going. Are you having a good time?

:flowerforyou: Sandy...good for you. Stay busy and have a great time.

I had a do nothing day. I think that my family is worn out from entertaining me.:laugh:
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    A quick hi to you all. My eye is driving me crazy again tonight but I think it is likely related to spending a couple of hours at my sons tonight. I am very allergic to cats and they have two. I didn't take my allergy meeds prior to the visit. I would say 'that will learn me' but it has happened so often that I know it will happen again.

Sandy -- how is your sister?

Marie -- we had a wonderful rain today and I immediately thought of you. I hope it was a little cooler today. The rain was followed by the most gorgeous prairie rainbow.

Buzz -- take care of your sore elbow. Sometimes physiotherapy can give some relief.

I think I shall call it a night. Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :heart:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Gayla...yep those allergies can be a pain. My sister was highly allergic to cats. To the point that her eyes would swell shut completely. Be care and please remember your meds.

I guess no one else is awake? Come on, it is almost 6:30 Eastern. I did sleep on morning til 7. Felt bad physically and mentally. I have two more days of vacation in Florida and then I will have three days at home to re-coup. We had a rest day yesterday. Did absolutely nothing. But, we will be back on the boat today. YES !!! I am going to be rock'in a great sun tan.
    Options
    Hi Becky! I guess its hard for you to sleep in, do you go to bed early?
    floating on a boat, fun!
    Buzz, have you tried compression? Wrap what you can with an ace bandage. When my wrists hurt, I wrap them tightly.
    gayla,sorry about your eyes and your allergy to cats. Does the baby shampoo help with that?
    just finished my shift driving, time for my napnap

But wait! JCkie and Deb, what is cream tea?