Starting C25K tomorrow, anyone else?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Did my first day of my first week today, and I feel great! Can't wait for my second day. I do have to say, a kickass playlist on my Zune certainly does help (as does my stopwatch app lol).
  • Alexface21
    Options
    I did W5D1 yesterday, and although it felt tough, I managed to keep my willpower up and get through it. I find that if you take your mind off the fact you're running for long periods of time, and think of something else (anything else; although I find it a great motivator to imagine how you'll feel at the end of the program, how it will pay off, etc.) along the way, the time goes by much more quickly.

I'm still not thinking about speed at all, I'm just focussing on not stopping. When I get to Week 9 (and I imagine I'll repeat Week 9 a lot) I'll probably start working on speed, and getting a good distance out of the time I have.

I'd definitely recommend C25K to people; I've shed some weight already and I feel much healthier when I'm running. And I find that I feel particularly good when I've watched how much I eat too (the reason I've started this is because after school finished I just ate whenever I was bored; I'm trying to lose what I gained from doing that!), and then I can reward myself after a run with a bit of calorie (and water!) replacement.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Did my first day of my first week today, and I feel great! Can't wait for my second day. I do have to say, a kickass playlist on my Zune certainly does help (as does my stopwatch app lol).

Great job!
  • shydaisi
    Options
    I am restarting week 3...again... I will complete it this time!
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Options
    You can do it!
  • shydaisi
    Options
    You can do it!

Thanks! W3D1 was yesterday. I am doing D2 tomorrow and D3 on Saturday. Hoping to do Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday/Saturday from here on out... I think getting in a routine every week will really help to make sure I complete the days within the week's span.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Options
    You can do it!

Thanks! W3D1 was yesterday. I am doing D2 tomorrow and D3 on Saturday. Hoping to do Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday/Saturday from here on out... I think getting in a routine every week will really help to make sure I complete the days within the week's span.
    That is the way I plan to do it. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday/Saturday. My other days will be other exercise or rest days. I usually take at least one rest day, and at the most 2. I try to run/exercise at least 5-6.
  • Alexface21
    Options
    Just did W5D2, and went pretty well, especially considering that it's the first time in the whole plan that requires 8mins straight of running. Let alone twice!

D3 will be tricky; first time of doing no walking. This is where it gets pretty serious.
  • Jessmiloo
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2 here. Love the program. I've never been good at running but I'm amazing at how I can run 3 minutes now when 60 seconds was rough Week one. I have 2 other ladies doing it with me and having them run with me is fantastic. I have my first 5K in November and I'm hoping I can run the whole thing!

Job and pace yourself! It's easy to over do it if you're not careful and then you can't finish your run.
  • Jessmiloo
    Options
    Good luck! I hear that day is the kicker! Just remember to breathe and pace yourself!
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Options
    I'm starting week 2 tomorrow. Can't wait!
  • Alexface21
    Options
    Good luck! I hear that day is the kicker! Just remember to breathe and pace yourself!
    Thanks! :) I just got in from doing it; at 16mins I gave in (looking back I regret it!), but after a two minute walk I carried on and did another four mins, to bring it up to 20mins running. When I finished that I felt so damn good!

And to be fair, I felt like I'd achieved something big after stopping at 16mins. I mean, the longest I'd run before then without stopping was 8mins, so to have doubled that comfortably felt good.

I may just repeat W3D5 to make sure I can do it properly. Then Week 6! :O
  • Alexface21
    Options
    My bad, W5D3 xD. Not what I put.

Anyway, my weight loss plateau'd for ages, so what I decided to do was a bit of a change-up; I've gone back to literally W1D1, but instead of pacing myself to last the 20 mins, I decided to try going faster in the 60 second intervals, push myself a bit. It was difficult in the 27 degree heat, but it paid off. So I think I'll do that a bit more, and then focus on Week 6 and beyond after that.

Change-ups really do help!
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I just Graduated! Moments ago...finishing with a strong 30 minute run. W9, D3!

I am so proud! Keep up the good work all!

If I can do it, anyone can!