TEAM PURPLE! *Lose 10lbs in August*

Options

Replies

• Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Lost 1.6# last week and went over on calories burned by just over 100 cals.

Looking forward to this week but I'm hesitant about the water aspect.

I seldom keep track of how much water I drink. Normally I grab a bottle from the fridge and when it is not cold enough anymore I put it back in the fridge and grab another one. :D I have tons of partially filled bottles in the fridge.

Also can we count things like Crystal Light as water? If I was drinking regular soda or something with significant calories I wouldn't count if but to me it's just flavored water.
  • tamolo209
    tamolo209 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello Purple Reign Family,

I have a confession to make. I ATE PURE JUNK TODAY. Yesterday I ate a bunch too and was soo I ashamed that I worked out to make my calories come in under my goal. But today was a different kind of bad eating. I didnt eat until 1pm at which point I had a 1/2 chicken breast sandwich, 1/2 cup pasta salad, and a bag of kettle chips. Not so bad you say....well I had COLDSTONE for dinner. Technically I came under my caloric intake but I ate so terribly that the thought of exercising on this nutrient poor diet is frightening. :sick: So I am confessing to be accountable to you all. Please forgive me :sad:

I will do much better tomorrow as I return to my normal schedule. My biggest troubles with eating is Weekends, Going out to restaurants that I didn't choose, and skipping breakfast. Any guidance on how to avoid these pitfalls would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes to everyone and keep up the great work.
  • sakwari
    sakwari Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Tamolo209...we all have bad days. Don't worry about it, get em tomorrow.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    @Tamolo209- I agree. Wake up tomorrow and just start right back at eating right. You said it out loud, you confessed, now forgive yourself and start with a healthy breakfast tomorrow! We all have those days. Yesterday I got through my bike ride by saying out loud all the things I ate at my family reunion this weekend. It's what kept me from turning back and sitting on the couch feeling bad for myself!

So for our water/exercise challenge this week:
    Monday- exercised 65 minutes, drank 10 8oz glasses of water.
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I burned 517 calories today doing different things for a short amount of time... :o) Hey, can driving a manual Big Rig burn calories? There is a lot of moving involved with the shifting, double clutching, and breaking and all of that stuff. This is a serious question.
  • smknitter
    smknitter Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    @Tamolo209- I have a hard time on my days off too. I have found that it helps to make sure that I have breakfast food in the house so I do start out my day really well. Recently, I have started to plan out my food a little more, so instead of inputting after I have eaten I look up my options for the restuarant where we are going. Maybe this will help.

Thanks for all the great support.
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options
    over on both water and exercise for today.
  • smknitter
    smknitter Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This mini challenge seems super easy compared to making the 500 calories for myself. 42minutes and 90 oz of water......:happy:
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I burned 517 calories today doing different things for a short amount of time... :o) Hey, can driving a manual Big Rig burn calories? There is a lot of moving involved with the shifting, double clutching, and breaking and all of that stuff. This is a serious question.

I think so, unless you already have your activity level as slightly active then it already takes that into account
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    519 calories today, doing a huge variety of little things - two ten-minute SparkPeople workouts, which are amazing for the time-hungry, a 15 minute power walk, 15 minutes running up and down the stairs and doing jumping jacks either end. I'll sleep well tonight!

And, 64 oz of fluid. One of those was hot choc, and one was coffee, so I"m going to down some more water with dinner just to make sure. :)

Loving this mini-challenge! How'd everyone else go today?
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hello My Purple Team!!!

I hope today finds everyone well....

I'm going to struggle with this challenge -- I'll tell all of you right now. :sick: I HATE WATER!!!:sick:

Dont get me wrong -- It's not all water -- just the stuff that comes out of a faucet!!! Especially here at work -- I'm pretty sure he recycles the water from the toilet to the tap -- that's how awful it tastes. Home water is a bit better -- but it has to be icy cold!!!! As soon as it's less than almost frozen -- I don't like it again!!!

But I know it's OOBER good for me -- for my body and for my weight loss goal. So I promise this to you -- I will drink my water -- I will only count plain water -- and Mio enhanced water. I will not count my morning coffee -- or my soda with dinner.

Monday :
    Water - 64 (you probably won't see a higher number ever!!! lol)
    Exercise -- 35 min
    Calories -- 297

A small NSV to share -- a guy friend asked if I had lost weight -- it's been several months since he saw me. And I don't think most guys really even notice that stuff. So it was pretty awesome when he took one look at me and asked that.

:heart:

SommerJo
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! congrats SommerJo on your NSV.. gotta love those. It will keep us going. Water is tough for me too, not that I don't like it, it's just that I can't seem to get too many cups in unless I force myself, so that's what I have been doing for months. I know it flushes our system & is great for us, so bring on the water. Well off to zumba. Hope you & all our Purple Team has a fantastic day!!!!!:smile:
  • rqlinzer
    rqlinzer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did the water yesterday, no exercise.... The water is the easy part for me. I only drink water, so it comes easy. The hard part will be exercising. I will try breaking it into segments.

I did 15 minutes on the elliptical this morning, and will do the other 15 tonight.
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,031 Member
    Options
    If my posts look crazy, please forgive me. I'm trying to work out this bbcode. I've worked more with html. This is much easier though.
    Good Morning Reigners!

August 10 LB Challenge
    Week 2
    "The Results Show"
    Ha, having fun here

Mon/ water~ 80 ozs / exercise~ 65 mins / cal burn / 615

SJ ~ You are funny about that water! I wouldn't dare drink it either. 64 oz, always good though. Don't be mistaken about what guys notice, they notice. They just don't say anything unless it's a significant change. So WOOHOO! to you.

Tired this morning. My body feels like a little shimmering hum all over. Muscles are being WORKED! haha I need to go outside in the heat to bake out the tiredness.

GO PURPLE!

Make it a good one.

Tish

DRINK YOUR WATER :drinker:
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Got my 500 in before my body was awake (7AM) tee heee ;)

Water 2 down - 6 to go - - - - pace yourself.

ps: SJ - congrats on that NSV - people really do notice when you feel better about yourself, too !!
  • tlzidon
    tlzidon Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hello My Purple Team!!!

I hope today finds everyone well....

I'm going to struggle with this challenge -- I'll tell all of you right now. :sick: I HATE WATER!!!:sick:

Dont get me wrong -- It's not all water -- just the stuff that comes out of a faucet!!! Especially here at work -- I'm pretty sure he recycles the water from the toilet to the tap -- that's how awful it tastes. Home water is a bit better -- but it has to be icy cold!!!! As soon as it's less than almost frozen -- I don't like it again!!!

But I know it's OOBER good for me -- for my body and for my weight loss goal. So I promise this to you -- I will drink my water -- I will only count plain water -- and Mio enhanced water. I will not count my morning coffee -- or my soda with dinner.

Monday :
    Water - 64 (you probably won't see a higher number ever!!! lol)
    Exercise -- 35 min
    Calories -- 297

A small NSV to share -- a guy friend asked if I had lost weight -- it's been several months since he saw me. And I don't think most guys really even notice that stuff. So it was pretty awesome when he took one look at me and asked that.

:heart:

SommerJo

Have you tried the Archer Farms drink mixes you can get at Target? They are naturally sweetened but only 10 calories per packet. Another thing you could do is add a lemon slice to your water to help with the taste or better yet bring it from home in big jug. I have a container that has an insulated cover that closes around it. I forget how much it holds, but often use it for trips to the lake and such. Also, if you have a freezer at work, place your water in there for awhile so it gets super cold. I have a hard time drinking plain water myself unless it is ice cold as well and am always on the lookout for ideas to make me drink more of it.
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    So, yesterday (Monday) I was at Waterville all day, and I mean all day 11-6! so I didnt get the challenge till like 8 but I did get in 40 oz of water :) as for exercise I'm only going to count swimming so I did 35 mins and 225 calories. Getting a slow start on water today :/ I hate water! and it has gotten a little warm :( but when I ake it home I have to clean and exercise so hopefully I will get in the required amount bc water is all I have to drink at home right now.
  • rqlinzer
    rqlinzer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I made it. I thought the workout would be too hard, but I did it.
    64 oz of water, 8 oz coffee (only liquids today), and 70 minutes of exercise!!!! I am so proud of myself!!
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    Tuesdays are going to be my day off exercise-long day due to Toastmasters meeting in the evening.

Yesterday: 30 min 207 calories; 64 oz water
    Today: no exercise; 64 oz water