TEAM PURPLE! *Lose 10lbs in August*

Options

Replies

• whatshesaid
    whatshesaid Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Alright I actually managed to burn 550 calories today! The big weigh-in tomorrow morning - SCARY.

(but only after I pee, hahah... people do that, right? or am i weird? i mean i drink tea before bed so that's gotta be like an extra 2lbs that I don't need, lol)

Anyway good luck with your weigh-ins everyone!!
  • SeattleGrl
    SeattleGrl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The spread sheet looks great, GO team purple!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I've been MIA from the boards all week as I've been out of town for work. Kept up my exercise though...and made everyone walk an ADDITIONAL 3-4 MILES every night after the Manager's Reception :blushing: ! I may have some coworkers avoiding me a future outings!!

There are so many posts, could someone briefly tell me what and when we are supposed to report in???

Thanks much guys - and keep up the great work!!!
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    ATTN PURPLE REIGNS TEAM MEMBERS

This is not a drill -- weigh in is TOMORROW!!!

Are you all READY?

Are you all EXCITED??

You've all worked soooo hard this week -- I'm totally geeked to see your numbers!!!

I can't wait to post our results!!!
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Congratulations sweetcheeksRN on your 5.4 pound loss that is fantastic.
  • tamolo209
    tamolo209 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Purple Reigners,

So....I have been kind of nursing a tweaked ankle this week and i have managed to get only one workout in thus far. I do not want to be a drag on my teammates though so I am gonna get one in right now and I have a workout tomorrow also. So hopefully I will get at least 1500 extra calories in, in the meantime I kept my calories pretty low till i could get back to my regular schedule.

Thanks to everyone for you stellar efforts, reports of success, and general comraderie. It is really encouraging.

All the best PR!
  • shayshay10
    Options
    I've been doing so well with my eating and exercising but I haven't lost anything this week =(
    oh well just means next week I've got to get my bum into gear and exercise that little bit harder!
  • Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Question for my Purple teammates. Do any of you see a difference in the number of calories burned between what's on the website and what shows on the actual machine? I've been going at least 45 minutes on the elliptical at my gym, but the calories burned shows way lower than what the website says. Do I use the calculation from the website or the machine? Is the website's calculation based on your current stats?
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Question for my Purple teammates. Do any of you see a difference in the number of calories burned between what's on the website and what shows on the actual machine? I've been going at least 45 minutes on the elliptical at my gym, but the calories burned shows way lower than what the website says. Do I use the calculation from the website or the machine? Is the website's calculation based on your current stats?

Thats a tough one. The best bet is to try and score yourself an HRM, but most of the machines have a way to input your info and check your heart rate so my guess would be to go with the machine.
  • YamRector
    YamRector Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello my friends!
    This was my message to SommerJo today, Friday weigh in:
    My weight as for today morning, Friday is 233.9 lb.
    Unfortunately I can't exercise as I have a bad gall bladder situation and I am before surgery, also I am suffering from extreme back pain. I walked a little this week, but no way I am allowed for more than that for now.

Good luck everyone!
    GO PURPLE TEAM!
  • xMissAprilx
    xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm not on the list.
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,042 Member
    Options

Good morning.

~Seraph1120~ MFP bases your calorie burn on your age, height and weight. Gym machines are off, but just by a little. Quick Start readings are based on a 150 lb person, machine doesn't know if you are overweight or not. You can use the age and weight settings on the elliptical, but, IMO it's better to use the heart rate grips several times throughout your workout to see if you are reaching your target heart rate. That reading can also be off by a few points, but will give you greater insight to what you may actually be burning caloriewise. Also, please consider the effort you are putting in to your exercise.

*August 10LB Challenge
    Week 1~ 8/1 ~ 8/8

CW 212
    Total calorie burn so far 2804 696 to go

PURPLE REIGNS!
  • whatshesaid
    whatshesaid Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I actually GAINED 0.3lbs.. Here's hoping it's just muscle, my clothes aren't feeling any looser yet and i've been doing this for 3-4 weeks now, exercising at the gym, 30DS and TRYING to eat as well as I can without totally restricting myself to the point of misery

So far this plan to lose 20lbs before Oct 1 isn't working at ALL. :/

Looks like i'll have to just start eating salads with grilled chicken on them forever
  • Rabbittrax
    Options
    I'm down 6 lbs !!! Go Team Purple....... :happy:
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Well, the scales don't lie - I stayed the same 164# - no loss - but I have no one to blame but & those D@#N Klondike bars I ate.
    Good thing I was burning those challange calories every day......Just think - next week is going to be sooooo much better.....;oD
  • susieoneill
    susieoneill Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was down 3.4 pounds this week!! Despite selling my house (major stressor) and not getting all of my exercise in! Worked really hard not to feed my stress - one of my major downfalls!! Go Team Purple!!
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    Monday: 564 :)

Tuesday: 308 :(

Wednesday: 722 :)

Thursday: 146 :( had a headache yesterday

Friday: need to burn 760 calories today to meet 2500 goal.

Weigh in today and I have no scale, maybe I can find one opened at wal mart lol
  • tlzidon
    tlzidon Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Down almost a pound, .8 to be exact. Haven't made the calorie burn each day. Been dealing with vertigo for the past 2 weeks and finally went to the doc yesterday. Hoping my PT appointment today helps out. But with keeping my meals in check, I am happ yto be at a loss!!
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I only started with MFP on Monday (well, officially on Tuesday because I signed up on Monday night) and I'm already down 3.5 lbs and have burned 2,682 calories! I can't wait to see what happens next week when I actually have 7 days' worth of data. :) Having to log my every bite has really kept me accountable!!

GREAT JOB TEAM PURPLE REIGNS!
  • raynebow
    Options
    Yeah Team Purple! My name's missing but no loss yet. Lots of calories burned though. Crossing my fingers that it'll show up for next weeks weigh in.