Replies

• sparetirebegone
    sparetirebegone Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Burned 748 tonight, yippee!
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Burned my calories at my first pole class tonight.... even climbed the pole on the first try! Woohoo!!
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone - I've messaged Sommerjo hope I can get in too!!!
  • smknitter
    smknitter Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    How do I access the excel spreadsheet? Or am I ready the messages wrong?
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    For the person who asked about the spreedsheet SommerJo posted it before but here's the link again https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkN3SRxwQ0EIdHVRUnZKaW1vSkJjMXhvbUMzNFNISnc&hl=en_US

Hit 538 on my work out today...on my way to making this week's challenge....

Go Purple!! :flowerforyou:
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hello, purples! Hope you are all doing well meeting your goals.
    Didn't quite make it to 500 yesterday - I have a blown ACL, left knee, so I have to be creative with my activities. Any ideas out there for good upper body workouts that burn lotsa calories?

Just wanted to say thanks for putting this together - it really has helped to motivate me!!!

Hiya -- the last season of BL that I watched said that shadow boxing was a great upper body workout that burned calories. I have no clue how to do it -- but it sounds fun :)
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options
    Burned 753 calories today but my body is beginning to rebel and wonder what the heck I have been doing to it for the past week.
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I like late night exercising :(

My Zelly wasn't feeling good tonight -- so after an exhausting trip to wally world and a quick stop for a salad :) I came home and cleaned house and played Dr. Mommy. I was really proud of myself -- I strapped on the HRM and didn't skip one trip up the stairs lol. Usually I just pile everything at the bottom and take stuff up when I have to go upstairs -- this time -- each little thing I picked up that belonged upstairs -- up I went. Total calories burned -- 197. Normally I don't count cleaning towards my exercising -- unless I'm really pushing myself -- tonight counted lol

Then -- once I FINALLY got her to sleep -- one more trip up -- carrying her no less ---and I jumped on the tread mill -- 48 min and 293 calories burned. Grand total today -- 490. Man -- I totally should have kept walking a few more minutes lol -- my math sucks!!!

So my totals :)
    8/1 -- 768
    8/2 -- 490

So I just want to say again how proud I am of each of you -- You're pushing yourselves to meet your goals. I'm so happy you're all on my team!!
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I burned 474-- not quite my 500 but it's a good start, i think. :-)
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    Monday: 564 :)
    Tuesday: 308 :(
    had a bad day yesterday, had 30 min meltdown over school work :(
    BUT today I hope is much better! About to get ready to go jog
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I burned:

Monday: 467
    Tuesday 467
    Wednesday 554
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    Don't see my name on here for the purple team?? :noway:
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,042 Member
    Options
    I don't ever see anyone talking about stretching after their workout. Flexibility is very important. For those that need just a few more burned calories to tally up to 500, consider stretching for 10 to 20 minutes. Your muscles will thank you.

p.s. Everyone here that has "littles" that LOVE to workout with Mommy and/or Daddy, stretching is the one thing that you CAN do with your little workout buddy.
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't see my name on the list either... hello everyone :) I just ran 6 miles this morning, so approximately 900-1000 calories. My struggle is making smart food choices - exercise isn't usually a problem but I loooooove food!

I'm new to MFP and always ready to make more friends...feel free to add me! I'm a runner, I play roller derby, I'm an avid reader (anyone want to start a Team Purple book club?), and I love music and movies!

Have a wonderful day!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I don't ever see anyone talking about stretching after their workout. Flexibility is very important. For those that need just a few more burned calories to tally up to 500, consider stretching for 10 to 20 minutes. Your muscles will thank you.

p.s. Everyone here that has "littles" that LOVE to workout with Mommy and/or Daddy, stretching is the one thing that you CAN do with your little workout buddy.

You are right! I am the worst about it!
  • supdup1
    supdup1 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey purple team, you all ROCK!!! i need some help here!!! I have diabetic ulcers on my feet that are healing up but dont allow me to be on my feet and on top of that I sprained my right ankle and I am wearing a boot on my foot to keep from putting any weight on my foot!!! I need some suggestions on workouts that can help me that doesnt involve being on my feet!!! Any suggestions!!!
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,042 Member
    Options
    supdup1 ~ You can always

*do upper body strength training with dumbbells

*use the 2 or 3 lb dumbbells or weighted gloves to do the upper body movements of jumping jacks (for cardio)

*do torso rotations while seated to work your obliques

*do a sort of bicycle crunch while seated, hold your abs in, raise left knee and touch with right elbow, reverse for right knee; you don't have to do these fast and you don't really have to take your feet off the floor just touch elbow to opposite knee

*use weighted gloves to do boxing punches (for cardio)

Good luck!
    Tish

p.s. Oh yeah, make sure you do your upper body stretches too or your muscles will be really sore and tight
  • toofat2toofit
    toofat2toofit Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Go purple team!

8/1/2011 -- 1038 cal burned -- Turbo Jam and Jillian Michaels 30DS
    8/2/2011 -- 692 cal burend -- Turbo Jam
  • thepinas
    thepinas Posts: 38
    Options
    Hey Team Purple!! So, I just joined MFP a couple weeks ago on friday, 7/22, and I jumped into this 10lb August challenge with you guys to get me motivated. I didn't realize how hard getting back into the workout's would be. Since there is a burn 500 calories/day challenge this week I jumped on my bike for the very first time in years last night (keep in mind that I haven't done any sort of physical activity in well over two years) I went bike riding with my husband and 11 month old son for 25 minutes last night and I felt like I wanted to die!!I am sooooo out of shape! I even cried a little and had to walk it home, but when I woke up this morning I felt great...no soreness or anything, which means I will def. be right back on my bike with my son again!! :) I know I didn't burn my 500 for Monday, and I only burned 381 calories yesterday, but I think things will begin to pick up from now on :D Thanks for all the support MFP!!! I really don't think I would have jumped on that bike last night if it weren't for the weekly 500 calorie/day challenge!!! GO TEAM PURPLE!!!

Monday 0 calories burned :(
    Tuesday 381 calories burned :)
  • Rabbittrax
    Options
    I just dusted off my stretching DVD because I can't get the Wii fit and my TV to communicate. I'm in the final stages of healing from a fractured tibia so other than some slow walking, there's not much I can do to burn calories. I've heard that stretching can really help so I'm all in!