TEAM PURPLE! *Lose 10lbs in August*

Options

Replies

• start_on_monday
    Options
    Well done for getting the 500, and good luck for the rest of the week!

Thank you, Today I've walked an hour from my dentist to my house, my body is exhausted and my back hurts, that burned 300 Kcals, but I'm really tired and not sure how to get the other 200 in, maybe after I have a tea, I can fill in the rest with housework...lol dunno

Hope the rest of the Purple Team are doing well?
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo proud of you guys -- I love reading that we're burning these calories.

It's hard sometimes to make time for it. I walked for nearly 2 hours last night -- and if I remember my HRM correctly -- it said 780 calories burned. I used that walking time to catch up on emails and friend requests.

I have a 3 year old -- so I try to get my workout in while she naps or after bedtime -- but there's been plenty of time I clear a little more space in the room and ask her to work out with me. Our form isn't correct -- but we have a blast!!! And I don't feel as bad about my ME time.

But we all know how important it is to take care of ourselves -- even if we have families or other priorities/obligations to take care of too. Sometimes I have 2 hours for myself -- sometimes I have 30 minutes to spend. If it's easier to manage your time with 2 or 3 shorter workouts -- do that instead of 1 long one. There's so many benefits to getting your body moving -- no matter what the activity!!

Keep up the wonderful work everyone!!! We may be the smallest team -- but we're going to blow them away on Friday with our results!!!!

PS -- still no baby - they sent her home this morning because she wasn't making any progress :( This is nerve racking!!! LOL
  • StaceKaiman
    Options
    Great to see our own topic to post on.

I managed to walk my way to 501 callories yesterday and have already burned another 200+ this morning before work so tonight I will be doing laps again to get to the 500. I love this challenge it is keeping me so motivated that I am hoping I can just walk the pounds off this week plus my dog and hubby come along so it's great for the whole family!
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,042 Member
    Options
    August 10LB Challenge
    Week 1 ~ 8/1 thru 8/8
    500 calories burned each day / GOAL 3500 cals burned

M/ 840 ~ 65 min ~ circuit training
    Tu/ 767 ~ 60 min ~ elliptical intervals (50) /stretch (10)
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    So after my walk yesterday I thought for sure I had burned 500 calories- but it was only 467! So today I did the same walk and later I will bike ride and be over.

I am so glad I am doing this. It's great motivation!
  • sparetirebegone
    sparetirebegone Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Burned 742 calories yesterday doing Zumba and I'm looking to burn about 700 tonight during Kickboxing! I'm on my way!!
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Hands waving...I want in!:flowerforyou:
  • Shells77
    Shells77 Posts: 22
    Options
    What sort of exercise do you all suggest when you're ill?

A migraine, body ache and chills today, but I don't want to blow this burning 500 calorie challenge.

Any suggestions?
  • sparetirebegone
    sparetirebegone Posts: 92 Member
    Options

A migraine, body ache and chills today, but I don't want to blow this burning 500 calorie challenge.

Any suggestions?

Swimming!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options

Any suggestions?
    I know this is probably the opposite of what you want to hear but if you are sick you should rest and take care of your body so you don't end up sicker by trying to push yourself.... If you can't keep still I would do something easy and in short time increments to make sure you don't over do it....

Feel better soon!!!
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options
    Good question about what to do if you're sick. My husband had the flu all weekend so I figure it's only a matter of time until it gets me.

500 calories is getting tougher to hit. I'm close....I checked that yoga burns enough to get me over the edge so I'll try to make it to the yoga class at the gym tonight. My stiff muscles could use the stretching anyway.
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Burned 835 calories today! Hope everyone is doing good with the challenge! GO PURPLE!
  • smknitter
    smknitter Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a little bit of a miss, but worked on making up for it today. Beacause of this challenge I went back to the gym, that I faithfully pay each month, that I haven't been to in three months. Also, picked up a heart rate monitor, hoping to get a more accurate read on the workouts that I do.

You guys are great motivators.

I'm going out of town for the weekend and need some travel workout ideas (BTW not a big runner).
  • SMerrigal66
    Options
    Hello!

I'm on the spreadsheet, but not on the roster for this board yet. Just joined MFP yesterday, so really looking forward to this challenge! Spent 45 minutes on treadmill doing intervals of walking/running/inclines - burned 450. Also, I'm doing the 200 sit up challenge, but not sure how many I burned doing those. http://www.twohundredsitups.com

If anyone is interested in doing this, feel free to send me a friend request and we can support each other. Any other friend requests from the Team Purple are welcome, too. Thanks!

:bigsmile:
  • shayshay10
    Options
    I burned 900 calories last night at the gym =D
    2350 left to go!!!
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hey hey! Burned 1221 today. Booyaaaaah!
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    512 calories burned today! Woohoo!
  • sakwari
    sakwari Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Burned 805 calories today.

Purple team cant be stopped. Keep up the good work.
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    Hello, purples! Hope you are all doing well meeting your goals.
    Didn't quite make it to 500 yesterday - I have a blown ACL, left knee, so I have to be creative with my activities. Any ideas out there for good upper body workouts that burn lotsa calories?

Just wanted to say thanks for putting this together - it really has helped to motivate me!!!
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    Between the elliptical and treadmill burned 679 calories today! :)