Weight Loss Challenge for August! (OPEN)

Options

Replies

• Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to check in -
    I've managed to achieve all of my weekly goals so far (more water, tracking, back to the gym, and starting C25K). I'm down 10 lbs, so only 2.5 more lbs to get to my August goal!

Hope others are having a successful challenge!

GREAT Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker:
  • sgtadamswifey
    Options
    weighing in for his week !!

SW :215
    CW: 207
    GW:205
  • emyjane84
    Options
    Hi guys! Sorry I haven't checked in a while. Here's my current weight stats! ^^

SW -148.2 lbs (Monday August 1)
    Week 1 - 145.5 lbs (Monday August 8) -- Lost 2.7 lbs!
    Week 2 - 145.5 lbs (Monday August 15) -- Lost 0 lbs!
    Week 3 - 143.3 lbs (Monday August 22) -- Lost 2.2 lbs!
    Total lost: 4.9 lbs !
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    SW at of 8/1/11: 171
    CW as of 8/22: 165
    By 11/15/11: 125

Update: There have been a few hard mornings but I have been completing all my goals this month. Was not sure if I would meet the 10 Pounds but when I weighed myself I felt a renewed since of hope of this goal!!!!!

Goal for August: Get up in the morning and work out!!! No sleeping in an extra 60 minutes. Keep my cardio up and bad calories down.

This week i have hit all of my workouts and have not slept in Monday thru Fri. Did on weekend but I still did my workouts. :) Started stregth training to help with the downsizing. This weeks weigh does not show to much on the scale but my inches are dropping. My clothes are fittting better. Which is a great thing. Overall it has been a great week.
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    weigh today :179.5....held the same:sad:
  • kdet07
    kdet07 Posts: 117
    Options
    7/29: 246.1
    8/5: 246.0 (-0.1)
    8/12: 244.3 (-1.8)
    8/19: 244.0 (-0.3)

changed up my goals/habits a bit. Cooled it on the exercise, hoping to shock my body into submission this week when I get back at it.

hope you all are well :)
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    SW: 202
    1st Weigh in: 200 (8/8)
    2nd weigh in:198.5 (8/15)
    3rd weigh in: 197.5
    total loss: 4.5 pounds

GW: 194
    Challenge: My personal challenge is to do the 30 Day Shred every day until the end of the month :0)

**well, once again i skipped a day (saturday) I was just tooooooo lazy. well i have 3.5 pounds to lose to reach my goal by the end of the month. YIKES! i really need to kick my workouts up a notch... that is my goal for the week. to do the 30 day shred everyday and to do an aditional hour of exercise
  • afitchpatrick
    afitchpatrick Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    OK I LOST. 8 POUNDS SO I'M SITTING AT 159 WHEN I STARTED AT 161 SO NOT A BIG LOSS BUT HEY BEGGARS CANT B CHOOSERS AS LONG AS MY SCALE IS MOVING THE RIGHT WAY I'M HAPPY.
  • abertawe2
    Options
    SW for August 152.5
    GW for August 148 - based on 1 llb per week
    1st week 9th August - 151
    2nd week 16th August - 147.5
    3rd week 23rd August - 146.5 there's another pound gone :happy:
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I gained a 1lb. this week. :noway: Now that my vacation is over and I reached that goal of getting to Hawaii -- I am Setting new goals ...

stop the desserts....all of them. MUST stop loving on the cakes and ice creams. :sad: and
    two... Hitting the gym hard ! School is almost back in session and I have to focus on something new. I love the gym and the classes that go with it. My plateau has lasted long enough. I've been out of gym class for over two weeks. I am hoping my body is now out of that routine and going back to it will start the scale to move. I've already upped my calories, so I don't know what else to do.

Have a great week everyone. Congrats to those who met a goal !
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I'm still tracking and logging in and being consistent. Unfortunately, this challenge got a little overwhelming with the amount of people, so I think I'm going to stop checking in :(
  • crystalizepurple
    crystalizepurple Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the encouragement. I am very proud to say that I should be making my goal very soon. Today I weighed in at 157.8lbs (from 159.8lbs last week) and my goal is 156lbs. I couldn't believe I'd be dropping so much weight suddenly. The hard work has definitely paid off and I'm doing it all without my 30DS that never came haha.

Good luck to the rest of you. Work hard and don't give up!! I didn't think I'd be getting so close to mine, but as long as you work hard you should be on your way or at least pretty close.
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! that is sooo aweosme! yay! you are doing SUPER!
    Weigh in day for me!

SW on MFP (July 29) - 227.8
    SW for August (August 1) - 224.4
    Goal for August - 219 (changed it from 220 so I'd be out of the 220's)

TODAY'S WEIGH IN - 217.9! :happy:

Since I've hit (and bypassed) my August goal, I'm not setting another goal. There is only one more Friday in the month for me to weigh in, so whatever I lose will be wonderful.
  • RiawnaIsFatFailure
    Options
    Hit my next goal weight of 49kg now i dont know weather to go to 45kg or 48kg then stop humm
  • ShannonBas
    ShannonBas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've been logging fairly well. Haven't been getting all my water like I need to each day. Also, I'm having difficulty getting going on my new workout video (ripped in 30 by Jillian Michaels). I don't know why I'm having so much trouble getting going on it. :frown: The only thing that comes to mind is something like a "workout plateau"? Kind of slacking off the workouts, you know you need to, but don't wanna... or maybe it's a case of the "I don't wanna's"... either way, I need to kick it's booty outta here and get busy again.

:heart: :drinker:
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I eat every 3 hours. I eat 6X per day. I very, very rarely go over my calorie intake -500 for weight loss.

It is about choices.

Next time your significant other asks for snack food give them fat free feta, Julianed roma tomato, Julianed Cucumber rolled up in spinach. Use 1 tsp of EVOO and spicy mustard as a dipping sauce.

In Italy and most european countries, food is the center of the universe. It's a place to gather and talk.

Calories : 25 per : Protein 2g : Carbs 2g : Fat 0 :
    6 rolls are only 150 calories : Protein 12g : Carbs 12g : Fat 0

2 spinach leaves.
    Fat Free Feta .3oz or 1/3oz
    Julianed Cucumber
    Julianed Roma Tom.
    add spices to your own taste.

Sauce Calories : 51 : Protein 0g : Carbs 0g : Fat 4g
    1 tsp olive oil
    1 tbls brown mustard

If the EVOOs calorie count bothers you.

Sauce Calories : 15 : Protein 0g : Carbs 0g : Fat 0g

1 tbls brown mustard
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm in if that's ok

SW:145
    GW:138

30 day shred every day

Down to 140.5 as of yesterday, fingers crossed I can meet my goal but 6 days isn't a long time to do it!
    Loss so far in August 4.5lbs
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm still tracking and logging in and being consistent. Unfortunately, this challenge got a little overwhelming with the amount of people, so I think I'm going to stop checking in :(

The end of the month is near, then we'll have a new thread for September. Since we're going to be starting it on time, we'll only have till a certain date to sign up. I hope you don't give up on us! I read everyone's posts, so nobody is "invisible". Hope to see you again soon.
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just wanted everyone to know that I'm going to be making a board for us for September. I will put it up sometime soon and leave sign ups open till the 3rd. Then we'll move the board to a "closed" group one. This way we don't have too many people, as some of you have expressed concern over the group getting too large and, therefore, people getting left out. I'll post a link on here once the other board is up.
  • crystalizepurple
    crystalizepurple Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Finally got 30 Day Shred. Just completed day one today and whew...Jillian kicked my butt big time haha.